Turning in a completed application late on October 9/10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arock456

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I took my level 2, there was a malfunction. They allowed me to retake the exam but my score will come out on October 9/10. Will I even get any interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

When I took my level 2, there was a malfunction. They allowed me to retake the exam but my score will come out on October 9/10. Will I even get any interviews?
Not likely. You need to apply before Sept 15th and update programs when your score comes out.

Depends what specialty you’re applying to and what your level 1 score was. If your level 1 is competitive for your specialty they may invite you based on that.

It sucks, but there’s not much you can do about it I’m afraid.

huh? People apply all the time with pending step 2 scores. If your step 2 (or I guess level 2 if it’s comlex) score is significantly higher than your step 1, then you’ll probably want to update programs when it releases but you’ll still get interviews.

Mspes don’t even get sent out till oct 1 anyway.

huh? People apply all the time with pending step 2 scores. If your step 2 (or I guess level 2 if it’s comlex) score is significantly higher than your step 1, then you’ll probably want to update programs when it releases but you’ll still get interviews.

Mspes don’t even get sent out till oct 1 anyway.
To be clear, I agree in general, I just don't know if it matters more for a DO student who hasn't taken USMLE. And obviously if level 1 was subpar and the OP was banking on showing an improvement on level 2, this is unfortunate.