Tutoring as an EC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishieFDR

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was scouring Craigslist for a job this summer and noticed a company posting. They already invited me for an interview after just asking for my ACT/SAT scores. If that's all they base it on, I should get the job (perfect scores). What can I expect? Is it a decent EC or should I spend my time doing something else?

Members don't see this ad.

seems good unless you have a better option like MCAT tutoring or tutoring physics/bio/chem

Reactions: 1 user
It's an excellent opportunity - and usually lucrative too!

Tutoring shows responsibility and can be an opportunity for leadership ;) Also, you are allowed to have things you do that are not 100% aimed at medical school. Working at a coffee shop is also a great addition to an application. I've been able to do plenty well with minimal "pre-med" activities since I didn't decide to apply until senior year/after graduation.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds good, go for it! You can also keep searching for other jobs if you want.

Reactions: 1 user
It's an excellent opportunity - and usually lucrative too!

Tutoring shows responsibility and can be an opportunity for leadership ;) Also, you are allowed to have things you do that are not 100% aimed at medical school. Working at a coffee shop is also a great addition to an application. I've been able to do plenty well with minimal "pre-med" activities since I didn't decide to apply until senior year/after graduation.
Thanks! I worked in a store too.