tx medical license

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetalkr

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applying for their permanent texas medical license? I have to take that tx medical JP exam and I am dreading it. Any tips would be helpful. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone applying for their permanent texas medical license? I have to take that tx medical JP exam and I am dreading it. Any tips would be helpful. thanks
It's not easy, so study hard, like you would for a real med school exam. There's a good review book available. Smart people fail it all the time.:eek:
You're not going to impress the boss by delaying your start date because you failed the test.

i applied for it about two years ago, the preparation with the book from the u of galveston ($ 88 :eek:)took about 10 days of daily reading , the exam covered roughly the contents of the book and you get an instant confirmation whether you passed and with what percentage...
i pushed fairly hard to get it done as fast as possible and held my license in my hands 3 months after i applied for it...
good luck , fasto

Members don't see this ad :)
Unusual to have it in your hands that early. FCVS may speed things up, but it also takes time. Get as much done as you can early. Galveston book is good. Know the questions in the back in and out... That will get you points, but not enough to pass the JP. It also depends on the time of year.... If you are starting pp in July, you are already pressed for time.

I applied for my license in the late spring/early summer of 2008. I had all of my stuff sent in by mid-late June and my file was approved in the middle of July. The Board didn't meet again until the end of August so I wasn't granted my permanent license until then, but I had the opportunity to get a temporary license to use (if needed) until the Board met. I think the biggest hold-up was me getting all my stuff together. I didn't use FCVS but it probably would have made things much faster.