U Miami fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

minstral

La la la la
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm very confused.
Big school, big eeg and emg folks, ALS center all kinds of neuro stuff going on
yet according to freida and acgme website they have no neurophysiology or NMusc fellowship.

their residencey program website lists about 7-8 different fellowships incuding eeg, emg etc , but none are linked to another website for more info.

Can anyone explain?

Members don't see this ad.

Obviously, you are missing something.

The University of Miami, Department of Neurology has one of the first established Neuromuscular and Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowships in the country. Dr Ram Ayyar has been in charge of this fellowship for over 20 years. By the way, it is very popular, and they usually only choose from their own residents ( the residency program graduates 6 adult neuro residents per year )

hi.. UM-JMH resident here..

we have quite a few fellowships.. just off the top of my head..

Sleep (at Miami VAMC)
Neuromuscular
Epilepsy (pending)
Neurorehab
Stroke
MS
Movement Disorders
Neurocritical Care (starting in 2008)

oh btw.. we're in the midst of expanding our program.. the incoming class will be 10 residents.. i believe our program is allowed to expand to 40 residents (including interns)... we're currently at 30 (8 PGY1, 8 PGY2, 8 PGY3 and 6 PGY4)

hi.. UM-JMH resident here..

we have quite a few fellowships.. just off the top of my head..

Sleep (at Miami VAMC)
Neuromuscular
Epilepsy (pending)
Neurorehab
Stroke
MS
Movement Disorders
Neurocritical Care (starting in 2008)

oh btw.. we're in the midst of expanding our program.. the incoming class will be 10 residents.. i believe our program is allowed to expand to 40 residents (including interns)... we're currently at 30 (8 PGY1, 8 PGY2, 8 PGY3 and 6 PGY4)

Hey Azntrojan,

I am a med student at UM and I have a strong interest in Neurology and possiblying staying here for residency. Can you comment on the pros and cons of the program and do you know if they will start fellowships in either Interventional Neuro or Behavioral Neuro/Neuropsych?

Thanks