U Sydney Medicine Addmission Results 2006

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cbbeu06

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have seen on the USYD website that the admission results will be sent out on Nov 1/2005, but I was seeing some posts from other people who apparently were informed by the interviewers that they were accepted right on the spot. Is it true that some people are given offers of admission right on the spot after their interview? if this is the case, how is it fair on the other candidates who have not yet been interviewed? Is there a difference between they way they offer addmissions to international students vs. local students?? Just curious as to how all this works, if anyone has any input or thoughts, please share.

Thanks in advance.

--CBB

Members don't see this ad.

cbb--
usyd conducts interviews as follows, some of which i'm sure you already know: they invite 1.5 times as many candidates as they have spaces and interview everyone individually. interviews consist of a list of prepared questions, and the answers to these questions are scored on a scale of 1-5. (i think it's 1-5, anyway.) then the results from each candidate are examined WITHOUT looking at gamsat/gpa, and ranked into three groups. if there are "tie scores" anywhere, the candidates are broken up using gamsat scores. then places are offered to, i'm assuming, the first group and members of the second group for whom there are numerical spaces.

the reason for the lengthy explanation is that i think it might help answer your question. i did get an on-the-spot offer, but i'm the only one i know who did; rather than take that as a "geez i must be awesome" notion i suspect it has more to do with the fact that i was lucky enough to be one of the last international students interviewed during my year, so they already had everyone else's interview scores when they spoke to me. in that situation, if someone had killer answers to their questions and was obviously in the first rank group, it would be possible to make them an offer then and there. so no i don't think it screwed anyone, and i certainly hope it didn't. OH and this happened last year, i deferred for a year so don't use this story as a yardstick for this year's results.

best of luck--again, i'm the only one i know who got so damned lucky. i certainly didn't with melbourne--i had to wait just like everyone else. hang in there.

The site now says that they're mailing the results out this Friday the 4th. Does that mean snail mail or email?

And how are people finding out who know early? I can't waiting to find out...

ZeniB said:
The site now says that they're mailing the results out this Friday the 4th. Does that mean snail mail or email?

And how are people finding out who know early? I can't waiting to find out...

Goodluck Zenib....let us know when you hear anything...... I think those that already found out were the international students... goodluck.