UC Denver 2012 ISP- Interview Info

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentist2020

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This thread is for applicants who are attending interview at UC Denver for 2012 ISP Program.

The goal is to share information about the interview preparation, bench test info, any other interview related resources. Also, post your interview date so that members can plan about their stay.

Cheers!!!!!!!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

This thread is for applicants who are attending interview at UC Denver for 2012 ISP Program.

The goal is to share information about the interview preparation, bench test info, any other interview related resources. Also, post your interview date so that members can plan about their stay.

Cheers!!!!!!!!:)
hi dentist 2020
i got an interview call for may 7th.when is your interview??
did they send any details about interview preparation?
did you pay any fees for interview confirmation?
it is mentioned on their website that we have to pay interview fees.but nothing was mentioned on the email which they sent .
how are you prepaing for your interview?

interviw: May 7th
All info needed....from travel , staying, hotels etc,to clinical skills exam, do we have to take scrubs with us or not..etc

Members don't see this ad :)
There are couple of hotels nearby which shuttle you to the school. If you want to wear scrubs and loupes those are your choice. Fly into Denver international Airport (DIA) and u can get super shuttle to where u want to go. hope this helps.

There are couple of hotels nearby which shuttle you to the school. If you want to wear scrubs and loupes those are your choice. Fly into Denver international Airport (DIA) and u can get super shuttle to where u want to go. hope this helps.
so do we get a shuttle directly from airport to the motels nearby the school?
can anyone please tell me ,if we can use our burs for the test.
what wax exercise do we get in the test?
thanks

@ full denture: thanks for info, can you plz tell which hotel is better, and whetehr they give us some locker at university to put in our baggage etc, since I plan to arrive on 6th and fly back on 7th after interview, which means Ill have to checkout in the very morning of 7th mAy... what do u suggest? Also shouldnt we dress up formally for interview? and how much tym we have for skill test etc, plus i haven t done crown prep in school, what do u suggest I do?
sorry for sooo many qs, but im nervous and totally ignorant in the matter coz this is my very first interview for admisssion:xf:
and what are loupes?

Hi all....

well, i confirmed my interview for may 7th yest.. havent heard back frm ms. miller yet... i recollect reading bout interview fees but nothing ws mentioned in my interview letter.. also, regarding the scrubs... they have mentioned in the letter tht the personal interview n skills test will be held frm 9am to 4.30pm... so do we change into scrubd for the skills test? wat all instruments is eveyone planning on carrying? coz i heard tht the school provides everything.. if anyone can throw some light on the above things, it wud be of great help...

You can change into scrubs if you like before the lab portion of your interview. I would suggest dress formally like you do for any interview. have to be professional. The school does not have lockers to put your stuff in. I am sure you can ask the hotel to hold it till u finish. I think there is a super 8 motel nearby which shuttles people to the school. Please check. Yes you can use your bur. That was allowed till last year. Don't know about this year. You should practice crown and cavity prep. thats what is asked along with wax exercises. If the interview is till 4.30 there will be people who finish very early and some who will finish at 4.30. Depends on if you do the interview in the morning or evening. If you Finish you can leave.

You can change into scrubs if you like before the lab portion of your interview. I would suggest dress formally like you do for any interview. have to be professional. The school does not have lockers to put your stuff in. I am sure you can ask the hotel to hold it till u finish. I think there is a super 8 motel nearby which shuttles people to the school. Please check. Yes you can use your bur. That was allowed till last year. Don't know about this year. You should practice crown and cavity prep. thats what is asked along with wax exercises. If the interview is till 4.30 there will be people who finish very early and some who will finish at 4.30. Depends on if you do the interview in the morning or evening. If you Finish you can leave.
thanks alot Full denture....That was really helpful:):thumbup:

got an email confirming my date of interviw, with some attchments, ....cant open those any one else got such email? what is in the attchments

Hi,

I have seen a lot of questions in this thread regarding the colorado interview. I was there last year and was accepted too. I am not a current student there as I was accepted to the school of my choice. Anways heres my experience:

When you go the day of the interview, the first thing in the morning, Jane miller gives each candidate a File of his own bearing your name and a canddate number which you will be using later for the bench test as your anonymous identity. The entire batch is divided in two. One half has bench exam in the morning while the other goes for interview. Then there is lunch and then the groups switch. Also in each group there are subgroups may be 7 -8 with 4 candidates in that subgroup. It is that these 4 people in the subgroup are interviewed by same panel of interviewers.

Ok , the interview is taken by one faculty, one administrative staff and one current ISP student. Interview is all general, all they want to know is you as person. Current ISP students ask u some ethical questions which let me tell have no fixed answer and no point preparing as they want just logical answers which you think is plausible and right in that situation!!!

The bench exam u have to do class2 and one gold prep. Then is the wax exercise. U will be given a card where u have to fill wax in printed alphabets. It just to test your skills, precision and neatness with wax. Also you have to carve a shape they give out of green stick wax. They circulate samples during the exam.

Also you must dress formally for the interview and you may switch to scrubs. All you have to be is comfortable during the bench test. But it is not mandatory. Last year girls were in simple jeans too. So its all abt your comfort but not the same for interview.

I saw some questions on shuttle. Thats right, the super shuttle service is great. You can get one by paying at the airport, they have an office at the airport. I actually prepaid for the shuttle online and all I had to do at the airport was get my token for the same. The service is really good. Some hotels have free shuttle too. Good hotel to stay is Holiday Inn express in aurora which is like 10 min by car to the school. But I remember most of the candidates were staying at Super 8 near the school.

Good luck people. iam sure you all shall do great!!!

got an email confirming my date of interviw, with some attchments, ....cant open those any one else got such email? what is in the attchments
Hi aims,
When did you get the email confirming your interview.
I just got one email stating interview date available is may 7th, had to email my confirmation to her by march 28.
Did you pay any interview fees to confirm your interview?
or you just emailed her about your interview acceptance?
when is your interview?

Hi,

I have seen a lot of questions in this thread regarding the colorado interview. I was there last year and was accepted too. I am not a current student there as I was accepted to the school of my choice. Anways heres my experience:

When you go the day of the interview, the first thing in the morning, Jane miller gives each candidate a File of his own bearing your name and a canddate number which you will be using later for the bench test as your anonymous identity. The entire batch is divided in two. One half has bench exam in the morning while the other goes for interview. Then there is lunch and then the groups switch. Also in each group there are subgroups may be 7 -8 with 4 candidates in that subgroup. It is that these 4 people in the subgroup are interviewed by same panel of interviewers.

Ok , the interview is taken by one faculty, one administrative staff and one current ISP student. Interview is all general, all they want to know is you as person. Current ISP students ask u some ethical questions which let me tell have no fixed answer and no point preparing as they want just logical answers which you think is plausible and right in that situation!!!

The bench exam u have to do class2 and one gold prep. Then is the wax exercise. U will be given a card where u have to fill wax in printed alphabets. It just to test your skills, precision and neatness with wax. Also you have to carve a shape they give out of green stick wax. They circulate samples during the exam.

Also you must dress formally for the interview and you may switch to scrubs. All you have to be is comfortable during the bench test. But it is not mandatory. Last year girls were in simple jeans too. So its all abt your comfort but not the same for interview.

I saw some questions on shuttle. Thats right, the super shuttle service is great. You can get one by paying at the airport, they have an office at the airport. I actually prepaid for the shuttle online and all I had to do at the airport was get my token for the same. The service is really good. Some hotels have free shuttle too. Good hotel to stay is Holiday Inn express in aurora which is like 10 min by car to the school. But I remember most of the candidates were staying at Super 8 near the school.

thank you very much for the info.
that was really helpful

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi aims,
When did you get the email confirming your interview.
I just got one email stating interview date available is may 7th, had to email my confirmation to her by march 28.
Did you pay any interview fees to confirm your interview?
or you just emailed her about your interview acceptance?
when is your interview?
I mailed her confirming the date the very next day, and i got email from jane yestrday, further it said, that email for bench exam fee will be mailed later.my date of intrw os may 7th IA
:thumbup:

I mailed her confirming the date the very next day, and i got email from jane yestrday, further it said, that email for bench exam fee will be mailed later.my date of intrw os may 7th IA
Thnks for the reply
does the email say anything about the tasks to be taken for bench test?or any other information about interview?
I am waiting for the email from jane for further instructions.
thanks for the help

Thnks for the reply
does the email say anything about the tasks to be taken for bench test?or any other information about interview?
I am waiting for the email from jane for further instructions.
thanks for the help
class 2 prep either amalgam or composite
and crown, all metal, or metal ceramic...on any tooth disclosed at tym of exam only
wax carving

Interview On the 7th May... very nervous!!!Hope all goes well IA!!!!

hi aims,
could u plz. say when did u send the confirmation email to her?
i am still awaiting for the email.
thanks for the reply.

I too have i/v on 7th may

How are you guys preparing for the interview? Plz help as i dont know where and how to prepare for it?

aaaaa

Last edited:
To aims

What hotel is that ? I might be interested.

Please let me know detail abt the hotel

hi,
congratulations to all who got iv letter.
when did u guys get your application complete email.
do they call according to the dates

Hi I just recieved my interview call....on may 21st !
I am really worried about the bench test
wax carving ? its been a long time since i practised...

Paper application in march
Interview call march28
My stats are....
part1-84
Part2-75
TOEFL-111
GPA- 3.8
volunteer in us for 3 years
Good luck everyone:xf:

Hi I got interview letter yesterday on may 21..Any information about the bench test ?Thank you and good luck for everybody
Nora:luck:

may 21? :eek: r u predicting future? or talking about last year's cycle?

Hey happyk9,
I am interested in getting the Kilgore typhodont,used ones and new teeth. I am also interested in buying diamond and carbide burs.Pl email me at [email protected]

Hahaha no dontist I am not predicting future nor talking about last year cycle.. I got interview letter yesterday from Jane Miller telling me that I have an interview scheduled May 21.. do you have any information about the bench test ?thanks

oh ok sorry buddy.. no ideas about bench exam. as i am waiting for the interview itself.. :))) lol..

Last edited:
Hey All .

Congratulations for the Interview Call .. Any female interested in Sharing hotel on May 6/ May7 ... I will be flying on May 6 th from Dallas ..

Any one wants to share hotel for May 6-7 ?

guys, if someone needs kilgore dentech i have one tht i can sell

Can someone tell me what we need to take for the interview and bench test ....will they provide us anything at all?

hi
had got th choice for interview dates.
chose 6/11
got interview call for the same.

Hey All .

Congratulations for the Interview Call .. Any female interested in Sharing hotel on May 6/ May7 ... I will be flying on May 6 th from Dallas ..

Hey ,
Congratulations on the interview call :). I too have received interview call for the 7th and am planning to reach there on May 6 from Johnson City (TN). I am interested in sharing hotel. Please mail me at
Thanks!

Last edited:
Can someone tell me what we need to take for the interview and bench test ....will they provide us anything at all?
Hey,

The mail that I received mentioned that they would provide us with the material for the skill test but we could get our own burs and instruments if we wanted.
Please correct me if I am wrong!

I recd an email from Ms. Miller, with application recd status and informing that they will be notifying about interview invitations within next few weeks.

Does it mean that I still have to wait?

Hi,

The info u gave is really helpful !! Thanks varnish :)
See u on May 7th, guys !!!!
All the best !

EDIT: delete

Last edited:
Hey, I have kilgore teeth with the typhodont. Anyone interested, please let me know. Thank you. I have like around 72 teeth. Almost all of them. My email is [email protected]

I recd an email from Ms. Miller, with application recd status and informing that they will be notifying about interview invitations within next few weeks.

Does it mean that I still have to wait?

Yeah i think so..I have received similar letter few weeks ago & she said few weeks at that time..have to wait..

As i can see everyone is having their interview on 7th may..congratulation to all of you..but what about the remaining dates??Will they send interview call again to fill those dates?? Or only 7th may will be the last date??

May 7 th is not going to be the only date for interview.I saw that few were invited on may 21st...

thats right and a few for June 11th too...

Hello evryone...I got an interview invitation too for may 21......i got accepted at NYU also ,,,,so was actually in dilemma whether to go for CU or not
Can anyone guide me till what time interviews r being held at CU nd when they start sending acceptances
Any info will help me make a good decision