UC Post Baccs 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My friend contacted UCSF, and apparently they have also started interviewing, and that interviews will be going throughout the rest of April and May. Not mucho info there, but I guess that means that every single school has already given out some interviews for first time applicants.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys,

So I heard from a friend of mine, that UC Davis is granting interviews as of now. My friend's interview is on Tuesday, and from what I heard from her, there will be 3 candidates interviewing with the admission committee at the same time/time slot (I can be wrong, I'm just quoting her). So the interviews are presumably on a rolling basis, taken into consideration that their application is due May 13th according to their website. Please be patient, I know it can be very nerve wrecking while waiting. :)

Hi PUSHPraise,

Any idea when your friend submitted her application?

From what she told me, her application was turned in around the end of February. I'll keep you posted after I hear back from her. In addition, I heard from other students that called, UCSD and the rest of the UCs are starting their "marathon" interview (meaning in the next few weeks start weeding out the potential applicant from non-applicable). Which means in the next few weeks till end of May everyone will hear back. The good thing(well it can be bad also) about UCD, if you didn't get an interview or get declined from their program, the program director will inform you why your application wasn't selected and tips to improve them. From what its worth, that's something valuable to take in, considering the other UCs does not do that for their applicants. Good luck, and study hard for finals

Members don't see this ad :)
So has anyone been accepted to another post bac? I got into one and it starts May 22. I got the rejection email from UC Irvine but am still waiting on the others. I want to attend a UC post bac but don't what to miss out on the other one. Is anyone one else in this position? Did you guys contact the UC programs to ask of your status?

hey everyone,

I had my interview at UCSD over the weekend and it was great! I also asked Ms. Kirk how long they were interviewing for and she said until about the end of May, and that they were still reviewing the applications they've been receiving. They also were just starting the marathon interviews the day I went. Haven't heard anything back from the other UCs I applied to (UCSF, UCLA, UCD) but my application is still pending so I'm hoping once my last LOR is in I'll hear something. Don't worry just yet because it's not over!

Hello. I interviewed with UCI, but I didn't get in. Now, I'm just anxiously waiting for the other UCs to contact me but nothing! I am hoping that the process is just slower this year since not too many people have posted interviews news in this thread. People please join this thread and let us know what schools contacted you for an interview. I really really want to get into UCSF :0 . I contacted them over email but didn't give me a straight up answer regarding when they will stop interviewing :/

Hello everyone. I also had an interview with UCSD this past weekend - it was a wonderful experience and I loved Saundra!! UCSD is the only school that has contacted me (I also applied to UCD and UCSF). Good luck, everyone!

Hi guys! I've applied to UCD, UCSF, and UCSD as a first time applicant. My application was complete, with all letters of recommendation posted, as of April 4th. I've yet to hear back from any of them yet, but am hoping to find out something soon! To those of you who have received interviews, congratulations! How were you notified?

Good luck to you all! :luck:

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be trying my luck with the UC postbacs this year as a reapplicant. I know my app is super late, but I held off on applying in hopes that I would get in somewhere. Applying to this program is basically AMCAS all over again -____-

Hi,

I was working on a project (clinical research) and submitted an abstract to ACEP (American College of Emergency Physicians) and I was the first author on it. I did say in my applciation that I would most likely be the first author but my question is, should I contact them and let them know that I am the first author. I don't know if this will have any affect on my application? Also, I am still waiting to see if the abstract is accepted (there is a 99% chance, it will be). Thanks for your help

Hello Maria. I did an update to my application in regards to a similar situation. They re-opened my application, and I had to resubmit when I was done updating. This was however before the application deadline passed ( I submitted mine really early). You may one to just email the main UCD office and see if they still accept updates.

Silent soldier. It's a lot easier than AMCAS! You are not that late since reapplicant deadlines are in May :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Maria,
First author, wow! That's incredible! In my experience, thus far, interviewing with UCI; I learned that your BCPM, LOR, an personal statements are weighed heavily. In your case, the first author publication is not going to hurt you if you already submitted your application. If you feel that you should email them, and let them know (maybe to clear up your conscious and nervousness), then shoot for it girl. Point being is that from my application, I had a lot of research experience, but none with first authorship only credited in acknowledgements etc. I believe since they are judging you on your grades, essay, and LOR and extracurricular activities, you should not worry too much if you didnt include it in your app in time. If granted an interview, make sure you emphasize your first authorship and research experience in the portion of questions, where they ask you: do you have any questions or comments. Just elaborate and make yourself look like a stellar person you are, and you will be fine. Hope that helps.

Hello. I interviewed with UCI, but I didn't get in. Now, I'm just anxiously waiting for the other UCs to contact me but nothing! I am hoping that the process is just slower this year since not too many people have posted interviews news in this thread. People please join this thread and let us know what schools contacted you for an interview. I really really want to get into UCSF :0 . I contacted them over email but didn't give me a straight up answer regarding when they will stop interviewing :/
Hello wakawaka1,
Did you get a rejection or waitlist email from UCI?

Last edited:
Has everyone been receiving their notifications via email and/or phone? I'm hoping so, as my address has changed since my application was submitted and I'd hate for there to be a delay while it was forwarded to my new place. Thanks in advance!

Hey ybmed, it was a rejection email :( . So I guess you just have to wait for someone already accepted to UCI post bac says no to the program. This happens a lot since some people may get accepted to a different UC post bac. Good luck!
Neurogirl, all notification are through email and phone, don't worry about the address.

Thank you wakawaka1. I hope you hear from UCSF soon! Good luck to you too!

Silent soldier. It's a lot easier than AMCAS! You are not that late since reapplicant deadlines are in May :)

Its just the tedium of entering all of my coursework (4 schools worth :scared: ) that i'm complaining about. Hope to get all my materials in by tomorrow.

An article from last year that might be of interest to you guys :) -in case you haven't seen it yet. http://health.universityofcalifornia.edu/2011/01/31/uc-medical-schools-increase-student-diversity/

Question, do you guys know if conditional acceptance is offered to a few of the chosen post bac students? According to this article, UCSD and UCI have a post bac conditional acceptance program offered to 4-5 students. I was not told this during the interview, so I was wondering if you guys have heard of these in your interviews at either school.

Thanks ;)

An article from last year that might be of interest to you guys :) -in case you haven't seen it yet. http://health.universityofcalifornia.edu/2011/01/31/uc-medical-schools-increase-student-diversity/

Question, do you guys know if conditional acceptance is offered to a few of the chosen post bac students? According to this article, UCSD and UCI have a post bac conditional acceptance program offered to 4-5 students. I was not told this during the interview, so I was wondering if you guys have heard of these in your interviews at either school.

Thanks ;)
Thanks, wakawaka1! I had no idea. This was not mentioned to me at all during my interview at UCSD.

Thanks ;)

Thanks for the article. It was pretty interesting. I'm also not quite sure about the conditional program, but maybe I can ask the directors if that is true. I think the article mention they pick 4 or 5 "gems" from the program to give them conditional admittance into the medical school, that said, I believe that the program MAYBE are not advertising it as much, because of budget cuts, financial and administrative cuts and issues, etc. I don't know their could be a number of factors involved. I remember talking to Saundra and she has mention that UCI and UCSD have some sort of conditional acceptance, but from my conversation with her (at the time) I didn't really inquire more about it, because I didn't know what it was.

interesting.... maybe they are not doing this anymore OR they only communicate this to the 4 or 5 students who will be given conditional acceptance opportunity : /

Hey guys,

Is there anyone who got accepted into any of UC's programs?
I applied to UCSD, UCD, and UCSF as a first applicant and
submitted the application on 4/11 (the due date).
However, I still havent got any interview offers :(

Do you think those three school are still giving interview offers?
Do you guys think that I havent got any offers because I submitted the application late?
OR because Im not a good candidate?

Checking email every min is making more stress :(

You turning in the application late just means it will take longer for them to contact you, so do not worry because they are still granting interviews. I believe UCI is the only that has already accepted students based on this thread. I would worry until past mid-may since they interview until the end of May giving you a few days ahead to prepare. I believe by June 1st is when they all make their decisions and send official rejection emails. In the meantime, I would recommend you looking for and having a plan B. They have a postbac program at Cal State, which deadline is approaching, and there is always Berkeley extension (same place where UCSF post bac students take their classes), so don't feel like there are no options. Don't waste time stressing over things, use it wisely designing a plan. Best of luck!

Hey guys,

Is there anyone who got accepted into any of UC's programs?
I applied to UCSD, UCD, and UCSF as a first applicant and
submitted the application on 4/11 (the due date).
However, I still havent got any interview offers :(

Do you think those three school are still giving interview offers?
Do you guys think that I havent got any offers because I submitted the application late?
OR because Im not a good candidate?

Checking email every min is making more stress :(

I'm in the exact same boat. My application was complete less than a week before yours, and I still haven't heard anything back yet either. It's not over until it's over, so until June, I'm not giving up hope. Don't you! Best of luck to you.:luck:

I'm in the exact same boat. My application was complete less than a week before yours, and I still haven't heard anything back yet either. It's not over until it's over, so until June, I'm not giving up hope. Don't you! Best of luck to you.:luck:

Me too. I hope we hear soon.

So, it turned out that a friend of mine heard back from UCSF. Apparently, they gave him a call to confirm what date he was available to accept an interview. In addition, an email confirmation will be sent to confirm the logistics. He has it for Wednesday of next week. I'll keep you posted on what happens. Good Luck guys

just a heads up! UC Davis is still sending out interviews invites! I got a call and an email this morning to interview with them next week. I sent in my application on 4/13 and it's still pending since my last LOR was just mailed out Monday. I also had an interview at UCSD last weekend. So don't give up or get discouraged!

just a heads up! UC Davis is still sending out interviews invites! I got a call and an email this morning to interview with them next week. I sent in my application on 4/13 and it's still pending since my last LOR was just mailed out Monday. I also had an interview at UCSD last weekend. So don't give up or get discouraged!

Thanks, since my app has been turned in at the very last minute for reapplicants -__- this gives me hope. I just wish UCIs deadlines weren't so early.

Congratulations on your interview. Thanks and good luck next week!

Any updates?

I've gotten two more interview invites! UCSF on Thursday and UCLA called me to come in tomorrow! So very excited! Haven't heard anything back from UCSD and my interview was 4/28 and its definitely my first choice! Anyone else?

How many have had interviews who are first-time applicants?

I am not a reapplicant and have not heard anyting ):

First time applicant too and havnt heard anything either :( Do you guys think they offer interview to the re-applicants first then new applicants? If then, is it possible for first-time applicant not to get any chances if they select enough people from re-applicants?

No, I think their deadline is a little after our deadline, so they should be getting reviewed a couple of weeks after us. It depends more on when YOU submitted your application. If you submitted early, then they review it early. I am surprised at this point we haven't heard of more 1st time applicants getting interviews though compared to last years threads. I keep thinking maybe there aren't as many applicants this year or that maybe people are just relying on old threads to get info. Either way, this is not over yet!
. :) Best of luck!

my friend has an interview at ucsf this week and he's a first time applicant :) i heard ucsf got 400+ applicants this year.

First time applicant and I'm still waiting to hear back from all of them, too.

Hello SDN!

Im planning on applying to the UC post-bacc next year (namely UCI, UCSD, UCLA, UCDavis, and UCSF). I'm a chemistry major and my GPA is 3.175 exact as of right now (low due mostly to my freshman year.. I was not focused back then) but have an upward trend and will try really hard to improve it. I haven't taken the MCAT yet but am determined to do well. I have really good extra curricular activities (volunteered at Stanford Hospital and Kaiser, did an ethics in healthcare internship, did research, worked as a lab tech assistant for a professor, and am member of the California medical reserve corp for natural disasters). What do you guys think my chances are of getting into the post-bacc?

Wish you lots of luck!

Hey Nerdbird,

I am in a very similar boat (but a higher GPA). Still haven't heard anything from any of the school ): Maybe you will have luck when you apply :)
Anyways, I wish you good luck!

Interview invite to the UCLA reapp program, super excited!!

Congratulations SilentSoldier! Good luck!

Has anyone heard from other UC's recently?

i interviewed at ucsd april 28 and was told that i would hear back "soon." Emailed them last thursday, still no response.

I called UCSD and was told that their last interview sessions were held over the past weekend and that applicants would find out by the end of this week.

Hey guys!

So I submitted my UC post bac app on 4/6 and haven't heard anything except my rejection to UCSF :( I applied to UCR, UCLA, UCD...is anyone on the same boat?