UCI or Cal Poly SLO

snowmed

Reaction score
Hello!

I am currently a high school senior and have been lucky enough to be admitted to a lot of schools including UCI and SLO. I have been set on the pre-med path since middle school and so I want to stay in California to save money as I am in state. I was admitted to Creighton and it would be about the same cost but am unsure of the quality of their pre med program. For some context my senior year of highschool has been my best academically with the hardest classes and highest grades.

Any input on which would be better would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What else factors into your decision besides cost? I woudld go with UC Irvine personally, because you'll be closer to your support system. San Luis Obispo is a state school with not as much funding for research, if that's what you're interested in. Creighton is a private school and it would be all the way across the country.

Offhand opinion is:
1) UCI
2) SLO
3) Creighton

but of course this is YOUR decision and you should put your wants and needs first.
College is a fun time and it only happens once. Choose wisely and good luck! <3

What else factors into your decision besides cost? I woudld go with UC Irvine personally, because you'll be closer to your support system. San Luis Obispo is a state school with not as much funding for research, if that's what you're interested in. Creighton is a private school and it would be all the way across the country.

Offhand opinion is:
1) UCI
2) SLO
3) Creighton

but of course this is YOUR decision and you should put your wants and needs first.
College is a fun time and it only happens once. Choose wisely and good luck! QUOTE]

Last edited:
I would say other then that I want to have easy access to my professors. Along with a social scene that i can be a part of while i am not studying. I am actually closer to slo then irvine. I do know that you have to do research to graduate at slo. I have leaning towards slo but do not want to put myself at a huge disadvantage They also recently got a state of the art research facility

(slo had a higher% people get accepted to med school then irvine creighton said something like 75% get in with over a 506 mcat )