UCLA Class 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

munkie

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone going to UCLA?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to UCLA. School starts in 2 months! Can you believe that? I'm excited and nervous and I can't wait to move to LA and meet all of my classmates. This is soooo sweet.

same here...been waiting since December.....the last 7 months have been excruciatingly slow.....

I've been on campus a couple of times the last couple of months and it has just made me more excited for school to begin! See everyone there in 2 months!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys!

I am really excited about starting school too! When are you guys moving up to LA and what kind of housing are you getting? I hope everybody is doing something fun until school starts! :D

Hey future classmates!

Great thread! Can't wait to meet all of you guys. I am so excited to be starting dental school! Hey Revellian, did you by chance go to UCSD revelle college? Just wondering!

dentisttobe

Hey Everyone! Can't wait to meet everyone this Sept! I was wondering if anyone receive any mail from UCLA within the past month or so. I have been having a horrible time receiving their mail (it took them over 1 month after they accepted me and printed my acceptance letter to send it to me). So I am always anxious as to know if I was suppose to receive something.

CApredentgirl, I think I am going to move into Tiverton Court (I will go there tomorrow to get the apartment if it's still available) and hopefully move at the beginning of August.

Also, I am looking for a roommate so if anyone is still looking for a place or knows of someone, pass the word around.

CLASS of 2007 rocks!

Munkie

I've had trouble getting mail from them as well.....

However, I fixed my problem by confirming my address with Kristy. The last thing that was sent was something about student health and needing to sign up for automatic payment or something...I don't think it was that important.

Dentisttobe, indeed I did attend UCSD, Revelle. How'd ya guess that one? :laugh: I figure I should show a little school pride, so I use it as a username when I can.

I haven't had any problems receiving mail from UCLA and I think I get most of the stuff within a week. That's kinda weird you guys have had such a delay.

Wow munkie, you're moving into your apartment in early august? I just went apartment hunting over the 4th of July weekend but it was way too early for me to try to find apartments that would be available in late August. I'm gonna go hunting again at the end of this month. I hope there's still stuff available!

Can't wait to meet everyone in September!
Enjoy what's left of your break!

Hey guys!

Revellian, I just graduated from revelle this past june! We have the same alma mater! Anyway, I have found a studio at el greco on tiverton. My move in date is in august but i probably won't move until the beginning of september.

About the mail thing, the last thing i received was my financial aid notification (FAN) letter. I got it last thursday. You guys should contact kristy if you haven't received it yet.

looking forward to meeting you guys!

dentisttobe

From the looks of it, the UCLA class of 2007 is just gonna be a big get together of UCSD alumni! I graduated from UCSD as well in 2000...(from the great Thurgood Marshall college)

Hi all,
I have a laptop for sale, I got it off a "going out of business sale" for $950 plus the tax but I am selling it for $950 only. It is brand new and the box has not been opened yet. I found a cheaper used laptop and decided to go with that.
this is :
Gateway 400 vtx
Pentium-4 2.0 GHZ
20 Gig hard drive
258 Ram
24 X DVD/CDRW combo
15" screen
Floppy drive
2 usb ports
6 months AOL
Microsoft XP Professional

The same system on the Gateway site goes for $1150 plus the tax which will be around $1250.

But the catch is you have to pick it up from Los Angeles, I am not going to ship it.

conf88 maybe you should post it at another place cause i think ucla students are required to buy a lap top... (unless things changed this yr)

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, all first years get a top of the line laptop....

Does anybody know what our laptop is going to be as far as the manufacturer, specifications, and price are concerned? And am I the only one that thinks it's pretty screwy that we had to sign a waiver form promising to buy the school's laptop? Personally, I'd prefer to shop for the computer myself so I could get the best computer for the cheapest price. I'm worried they're gonna give us a piece of junk and charge us three grand for it.

I think they get it from Gateway and they pretty much get the top model that is available (in order to maximize commission for the school). The laptops that the 2006 class got was pretty sweet. I don't think that you have to worry about the laptops not being nice....they will be super fast. The way I see it, our tuition is already really low compared to other dental schools yet it includes laptop + pager/pager service. In my mind, it's a pretty sweet deal.

the lap top that the 06 class got was really nice :)

the pager thingy's weird tho cause you guys pay for service for all 4 yrs, but you don't use it 1st yr :) my friend still doesn't know his own number yet (by choice of not remembering it) :)

Hi everybody!

Just wanted to join in on this thread since I'll be at UCLA this fall too! Can't wait to meet you guys...good to see there are a good number of us on this board alone.

Cheers!

Hey ucla classmates,

To all of you who have already started collecting teeth, was it pretty easy calling dentists' offices and asking them to save extracted teeth? Also, how long does it take for an oral surgeon to collect the 150 or so number of teeth we need? Do you think I can have enough by the time school starts? I know we have until January, but I would like to get it out of the way.....I bet most of you are already on top of this. Anyway I plan on calling some offices tomorrow. Thanks

dentisttobe

I am very much interested in UCLA. Class of UCLA, can you please post your GPA and DAT scores?

Originally posted by vishal_k32801
I am very much interested in UCLA. Class of UCLA, can you please post your GPA and DAT scores?

average GPA for entering 2007 class is 3.57.
average science GPA for entering class is 3.64

DAT is probably around 22A/19P like previous years.

Hey classmates,

This is about the laptops we will be getting. Do they come with any accessories like a carrying case, lock, printer, etc.....Just so I know what else I will need to purchase. Thanks

dentisttobe

Hello guys,

How are you all doing?..I am a foreign trained dentist and I got accepted by UCLA for PPID ..SO I will be starting school in June 2005.. I will be joining you guys in 3rd yr!

I would love to say a big :) HELLO :) to my batchmates..I am so excited abt it and hope to meet you guys in June (22nd) :luck:

I'll see you in september. Good luck with everything in LA.

O yea, class of 2009 rocks too. :D

dentaldoc said:
Hello guys,

How are you all doing?..I am a foreign trained dentist and I got accepted by UCLA for PPID ..SO I will be starting school in June 2005.. I will be joining you guys in 3rd yr!

I would love to say a big :) HELLO :) to my batchmates..I am so excited abt it and hope to meet you guys in June (22nd) :luck:

fouyboy said:
I'll see you in september. Good luck with everything in LA.

O yea, class of 2009 rocks too. :D

Hi fouyboy..

Thanks for your wishes and see you in september. Congrats on your dental school acceptance!. Good luck to you too :luck: