UCLA from out of state (U.Va)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

coolraz

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I was wondering what you thought about the difficulty in getting into california schools (USC, UCSF and more importantly UCLA) from out of state (Virginia). I saw there average gpa is 3.7 and average dat/pat are both 22's.
I just took mine today and got 24 AA, 22 PAT (20 BIO, 29 GC, 22 OC, 21 QR, 27 RC) and my GPA is 3.7 and 3.86 in sciense.
I know that would be good enough to at least give me a shot if i was a resident, but what about trying to get in all the way from east coast. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

coolraz said:
Hey,

I was wondering what you thought about the difficulty in getting into california schools (USC, UCSF and more importantly UCLA) from out of state (Virginia). I saw there average gpa is 3.7 and average dat/pat are both 22's.
I just took mine today and got 24 AA, 22 PAT (20 BIO, 29 GC, 22 OC, 21 QR, 27 RC) and my GPA is 3.7 and 3.86 in sciense.
I know that would be good enough to at least give me a shot if i was a resident, but what about trying to get in all the way from east coast. What do you guys think?

Your grades are awesome. USC is a private school and CA residency is not an issue. I am sure both UCLA an UCSF will you give an interview, just make sure to apply early. I know a few out of state applicants with lower scores than yours got in to UCLA.

Good Luck.

coolraz said:
Hey,

yaya we have another UVa representing :0

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey there...I applied to UCLA among many others. My GPA and stuff are below...its the only western school I applied to as I am also an east coast guy...go to UF.

I agree with Balance.
You need to keep in mind that there are students here who get like 4.0 GPA, 29 AA, and 28.5 PAT. :D (I don't know the exact numbers, but I'm sure they're close) Somebody needs to balance out the averages of those students. :smuggrin:

There doesn't seem to be a consensus on how they really pick the out of state students. I know average and below students have gotten in from out of state.

It's worth a try. I think it's worth it to spend a couple hundred dollars in order to have the opportunity to go to a school you really want to go to.