UCLA Supplementary Application - huh?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pine88

Warning:
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is a question from the supplementary app:

Have you ever applied or you are currently applying for admission to a health science or professional school including dentistry? List the type of school(s), year(s) you applied, and whether you were accepted and/or enrolled (including dates)

CURRENTLY applying...INCLUDING dentistry? TYPES of schools? I haven't applied to anything else, but do they really want us to put: Dental School 2007, application pending?

Opinions...

Members don't see this ad.

No, you don't need to write dental school. This is their way of finding out people who already have or are currently applying to medical schools also.

It can also mean other/masters programs in health, like health administration, physicians assistant, optometry, public health...

For example, when I applied last year to dental school, I also applied to Yale for a masters in public health. This is something they would like to know.

okay, another question:
when they ask about extracurricular activities, should we assume they are getting all there info from the supplementary app? Or should we just better explain parts our primary app?

Members don't see this ad :)
pine88 said:
okay, another question:
when they ask about extracurricular activities, should we assume they are getting all there info from the supplementary app? Or should we just better explain parts our primary app?

Include everything, even what you said in your AADSAS application. The secondary is very important at UCLA. That is where I wil be going, and I am sure that the only reason I even got an interview is because doing that secondary was as extensive as writing a book. I included everything. I even submitted all of my research compilations, health-related papers I wrote, and discussed anything and everything I did in college. Just think hard about how you want to organize it so you dont find yourself repeating information in the different parts of the application.

Don't lie... though. Explaining in detail is different than lying.

So to answer your questions, include and expand upon things on your AADSAS in your secondary application.

If you are a re-applicant however, you should state what year or years you applied to dentistry programs.