Uconn interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dent_girl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am supposed to have my interview at Uconn on
25th of September (pretty soon) and I don't really know
much about this school. the only reason I applied to this
school is that Uconn was ranked 1st in one year
that they somehow decided to run up the rankings
on dental schools (I don't even know how reliable the sources
might have been)
I have other interviews in october and those schools are the
ones I mostly want to go, so I am still debating. what's the city
like (farmington?) and how's the school? does anyone know?

Members don't see this ad.

I am supposed to have my interview at Uconn on
25th of September (pretty soon) and I don't really know
much about this school. the only reason I applied to this
school is that Uconn was ranked 1st in one year
that they somehow decided to run up the rankings
on dental schools (I don't even know how reliable the sources
might have been)
I have other interviews in october and those schools are the
ones I mostly want to go, so I am still debating. what's the city
like (farmington?) and how's the school? does anyone know?

Sorry, i cant provide you with any insights on UConn cept its a good school. however, can you tell me when you submitted your app? which schools you got interviews to? and also your stats? thanx.

I right there with you mine is on the 18th and I got no idea and the even sadder than that is that they are interviewing 400 people and want only 35 and I know I am not one of those thirty

Members don't see this ad :)
They told me that they only interviewed 140 applicants last year.

they interview between 170-180 and accept around 80

sorry for bringing up an old thread

uconn is located in the middle of nowhere Ct.
The nearest anything is miles and miles away. - its surrounded by farmland, and is still far (not walking distance) to the other parts of the university.

also, people seem to be unhappy there - but they are trained very well.

goodlukc on the interview, enjoy the cows + grass.

uconn is located in the middle of nowhere Ct.
The nearest anything is miles and miles away. - its surrounded by farmland, and is still far (not walking distance) to the other parts of the university.

also, people seem to be unhappy there - but they are trained very well.

goodlukc on the interview, enjoy the cows + grass.

How many applicants do they interview at a time? UNC's interview at 60 or so applicants there on the same day but if UCONN interviews every Monday and Friday will it be just me?! :confused:

How many applicants do they interview at a time? UNC's interview at 60 or so applicants there on the same day but if UCONN interviews every Monday and Friday will it be just me?! :confused:

They interview 8 at a time

Good luck.

I heard some bad things about the curriculum at UConn though.

My friend also toured the "facilities" this past summer, and he said it's not as lively as other dental schools he's visited. Plus there are only 45 students per class at UConn. It's more of a didactic-based dental program since you study with medical students for the first two years. Not much clinical exposure.

Good luck.

I heard some bad things about the curriculum at UConn though.

My friend also toured the "facilities" this past summer, and he said it's not as lively as other dental schools he's visited. Plus there are only 45 students per class at UConn. It's more of a didactic-based dental program since you study with medical students for the first two years. Not much clinical exposure.
Why having only 45 students per class is a bad thing? I think its awesome... Stonybrook has even less and thats the most important reason that school is praised for.Great student-faculty ratio, you could actually get to know the instructors and not just sit in a big lecture hall with other 399 students in NYU per say.