UCSF application status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sdnstud

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application was completed exactly 8 weeks ago. Since UCSF tells us that it will make a decision in approximately 8 weeks (post-secondary), I am expecting to hear this week. Is anyone else waiting for an interview invite post secondary from UCSF? If so, when was your file completed?

Members don't see this ad.

sdnstud said:
My application was completed exactly 8 weeks ago. Since UCSF tells us that it will make a decision in approximately 8 weeks (post-secondary), I am expecting to hear this week. Is anyone else waiting for an interview invite post secondary from UCSF? If so, when was your file completed?

I'm still waiting to hear for an interview, but my secondary was only received december 4. currently my app status page only says "your secondary application has been received". does this mean that my file's complete or should it say something else?

I'm also waiting, hopefully for an interview and not a rejection. :rolleyes: I've only been complete there for 6 weeks though, so I guess I can't complain yet. I would LOVE to go to UCSF, but as an out-of-state applicant whose #'s are a little lower than their averages I don't know how good of a shot I actually have. Hope springs eternal (or at least until the thin envelope arrives).

Members don't see this ad :)
It should say "Secondary Application Complete"

boardchic said:
I'm still waiting to hear for an interview, but my secondary was only received december 4. currently my app status page only says "your secondary application has been received". does this mean that my file's complete or should it say something else?

sdnstud said:

My app was complete on the 22nd of Oct. So, I'm hoping to hear from them either this week or next. Good Luck to all those who are expecting from UCSF!! :thumbup:

sdnstud said:
It should say "Secondary Application Complete"

I got my interview invitation 2 weeks after my file was completed

I've been complete there since Sept. 13. I took the August MCAT, but I had scores from April, so my status page did say I was "complete." So that means it's been about 13 weeks since it was officially complete, and just now 8 weeks since August scores have posted. I was surprised not to be included in their last batch of rejections though, so who knows. I'm sure I'll be one of those that never hears anything from them, so I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Supernova said:
I got my interview invitation 2 weeks after my file was completed

Wow, good job Supernova! You're definitely super!

Does anyone know how far in advance does UCSF schedule interviews?

Qemmalee said:
Wow, good job Supernova! You're definitely super!

Does anyone know how far in advance does UCSF schedule interviews?

I got the invite in mid-October and scheduled it for early November.