ucsf interview calls announced

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For all those who are still waiting for their packages and anxious...

1. Written test - 100 plus Multiple choice questions on Oct 21st - 2 1/2 hours duration - subjects - oral DIAGNOSIS & treatment planning, oral medicine , radiology, orthodontics, periodontology, prosthodontics-FPD-RPD-complete dentures, endo, operative emergencies, pedodontics, dental materials, anatomy.

2. Technical test - October 22nd - full veneer gold crown prep on mandibular AND maxillary - 2 preps - instrument list is given with the letter- 3 hours time - all instruments & typodonts and manikin provided by school.

3. general orientation and Q & A session on Monday

4. Interview on tuesday/ wednesday - 30 minute duration - by 2 interviewers

Members don't see this ad.

Tons of thanks, Mit 79! Looking forward to seeing you at UCSF!

Phew!!! atlast ... though i didnt get my package still ... thanks a lot :)
can u please tell me the address where we have to send the $200 and whom is it payable to? and wen is the last date by which they shd get it.
And also wen r the dates wen we can go and practice there?

See u at UCSF :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Following is Part 1 of the package.

If you wish to accept this invitation, please confirm by sending an RSVP via e-mail to [email protected] no later than Oct 10, 2007 to reserve a place in the UCSF interview/testing process. In order to reserve a place for the interview/test, you must also send the practical examination fee of $200.00 in the form of a cashier's check or money order made out to the UC Regents, no later than Friday, October 12th, 2007.Personal checks will not be accepted. The examination fee should be mailed to the following address:

International Dentist Program
707 Parnassus Ave., 4th Floor
Room #D-4010, Box #0636
San Francisco, CA 94143
The four day session will consist of an extensive program description, written examination, manikin/typodont practical test and a personal interview with two of our committe members. Also, be sure to bring a photo I.D. (Passport or driver's license) with you.

thank u:D

For all those who are still waiting for their packages and anxious...

1. Written test - 100 plus Multiple choice questions on Oct 21st - 2 1/2 hours duration - subjects - oral DIAGNOSIS & treatment planning, oral medicine , radiology, orthodontics, periodontology, prosthodontics-FPD-RPD-complete dentures, endo, operative emergencies, pedodontics, dental materials, anatomy.

2. Technical test - October 22nd - full veneer gold crown prep on mandibular AND maxillary - 2 preps - instrument list is given with the letter- 3 hours time - all instruments & typodonts and manikin provided by school.

3. general orientation and Q & A session on Monday

4. Interview on tuesday/ wednesday - 30 minute duration - by 2 interviewers
Thanks Mit79!!! You are soooo good!!!!
Sofi

Hi,

Its only a part of the instructions. There is a list of instruments attached too.
Also, there are rooms assigned for each of the exams.

No timings are given though, for example, reporting time for each day. Think, they will send out another one with the specifics. I am not sure about it.

See you all there :)

yup see u there rain bhai !

Very weird. From the post of Mit - The deadline to send fee is 12-Oct and most of the people have not yet received the packet? :confused:

Hi,

Its only a part of the instructions. There is a list of instruments attached too.
Also, there are rooms assigned for each of the exams.

No timings are given though, for example, reporting time for each day. Think, they will send out another one with the specifics. I am not sure about it.

See you all there :)

i plan to send out the money order tomorrow,,
but i think they wont receive the money order by friday..

and,,i havent received the package too...

love,
rain brother

Very weird. From the post of Mit - The deadline to send fee is 12-Oct and most of the people have not yet received the packet? :confused:

I called up UCSF and spoke to Mary today morning... she told me that the MO can reach till monday.....
cheers

hey check at ur homes UCSF send my packet to my PERMANENT ADDRESS in India. ha ha i havent stopped laughing since then

Is there anyone coming from bayarea,CA for the UCSF interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone coming from bayarea,CA for the UCSF interview?

Those who havent received the package, call Mary Pham and ask her to make a note in your file.

Yeah, Am from Bay area :)

i received the package finally,,
i wanna know when is my personal interview ,,tuesday or wednesday??
because i wanna leave san francisco as soon as possible..

can i call ucsf to know the date of my personal interview>???

thanks

I did try asking the school abt the date of interview , so I cud attend another one - but they said they wont be able to tel us til that monday :(

dunno if thats gonna be of any help to any of us ..

I feel incredible sadness because I had to give up my USC interview... I had already accepted UCSF interview. Why can't USC reschedule??????? Why??????

that is the way of life,,i also gave up the usc interview today...

and i have a question...

when and where do we sign in on sunday, october 21??

i am very confused..

thanks in advance for your answer..

love,
rain

that is the way of life,,i also gave up the usc interview today...

and i have a question...

when and where do we sign in on sunday, october 21??

i am very confused..

thanks in advance for your answer..

love,
rain

I believe the details will be sent out on Monday, after they have the entire list of candidates willing to appear for the interview. They have to give time slots to all of us.

I did try asking the school abt the date of interview , so I cud attend another one - but they said they wont be able to tel us til that monday :(

dunno if thats gonna be of any help to any of us ..

dear jayashree,,
do you mean that monday is october 22??

thanks for your answer.

rain

dear jayashree,,
do you mean that monday is october 22??

thanks for your answer.

rain

yes - they'd let us know on monday if we r doing interviews on tuesday or wednesday..

Hi does anybody know what time does the written test start on sunday and do we have to reister first ? I guess they haven't given any time ?

Anybody knows what kind of clothes for all 3 days...written exam making me little tensed. They have all part 2 stuffs and I have not taken it yet.
The practical has the upper and lower 1st molar full crown, kinda same...
Just making myself relaxed by posting something here...any feedbacks are welcome....
Good luck to all

i got the package from ucsf,,it told me how to prepare the crown..

but i didnt know the time to sign in on sunday..

anybody have any idea??

thanks..

rain

Here is what I got from Ms. Mary Pham....

YOU WILL NEED TO BE HERE AT NOON ON SUNDAY, 10/21/2007 AND YOU WILL BE
DONE BY 4:30 P.M. ON WEDNESDAY, 10/24/2007. YOU WILL RECEIVE THE
ITINERARY FOR EACH DAY ONCE YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks Mit79 for the info, appreciate it...

Room #C-701 is where it will be held. Check the 6-page letter sent to you. There is a map attached too.

How many spots are up for grabs this year and how many interviews are granted??

Anyone.

hi guys
i am leaving for San Francisco today,see u all tomorrow inshallah.
gud luck to all

do we have to bring the original documents to the interview??
thanks in advance.
love,
rain

hi there,
i don't know about others and i also don't know whether UCSF requires them or not but I am taking my original documents with me.jus to b on the safe side.What if they ask for them.:idea:
gud luck

and the party begins :)
all the best folks

San Francisco is beautiful and I am excited to be here! UCSF interview has been really nice so far and I look forward to UOP interview, which starts tomorrow.....
Happy Sofi

i only regret walking from market street to ucsf...

i was having fun when i climbed the mountains in san francisco...i was sweating and tired,,,and i didnt have energy to fininsh the written exam..

dont walk in san francisco,,,haha..

rain

It was nice meeting you too... How did ur interview go?

Good luck to u too!!

it is very nice to meet lu weiwei,wang yanhua, xue jing,,jayashree in ucsf..

and a lot of sdn people too...

love,
rain

i did very bad in written exam.
and hurt the premolar in my practical exam..
and did so so in personal interview..

good luck to you,,jay..

rain

Well, written exam was more than basic stuffs, really have to study well. lot of opath, perio and prostho. Practical - did better in practice than in real, i dont know what happenend there, wasn't good at all. Interview was okay compared to other exams.
They wanna choose the best ones I guess regarding knowledge, skills and aptitude.... Lets wait and see ....goodluck to all my frens

well i took care not to nick the adjacent tooth. my written went ok i think considering the fact i didnt even prepared for part 2 ( though Dr. Kirkland's remarks of the "very basic test" and "we don expect you to answer all questions right" ). Nice to meet so mant SDNrs there.
keeping my fingers crossed.