UCSF interview??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Out of curiosity, what other schools is everyone here considering? And would you go to UCSF over these other choices?

To answer my question, I have been accepted to University of Michigan and University of Minnesota. I would love to go to UCSF but it really depends on what it's gonna cost me.

I'm not really considering other schools per se yet - I received 6 interviews this cycle. Three I turned down completely, out of the 3 I accepted, one was UCSF, one was OSU where I got in and Michigan is my 2nd choice but my interview there is not until late March.

I don't care so much for the costs as this is my second year applying to UCSF and I long to earn an education from that institution. However, I keep hearing amazing things about UofM, so I'm eager to see if I get in and what the school is like.

Members don't see this ad.

Out of curiosity, what other schools is everyone here considering? And would you go to UCSF over these other choices?

To answer my question, I have been accepted to University of Michigan and University of Minnesota. I would love to go to UCSF but it really depends on what it's gonna cost me.

My only other choice is UCSD since I already declined Touro (didn't want to put down the deposit). However, I am still undecided on whether I would go to UCSF or UCSD if given the choice.

Hey everyone, I just got my acceptance letter! Be prepared, it came in a small envelope! To let you know, I interviewed on 2/7, the letter was written March 3, sent March 4, and I live in NorCal. Good stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone, I just got my acceptance letter! Be prepared, it came in a small envelope! To let you know, I interviewed on 2/7, the letter was written March 3, sent March 4, and I live in NorCal. Good stuff.

Congrats! What were your stats?

I'm jealous :D

Congrats TMW! I guess matt48 and my predictions were correct. ;) Now to wait for the letters to come in!

I just got my letter of acceptance too :) Woohoo!!! Congrats TMW. I interviewed on Jan 30.

My heart is pounding, I want to run home and check but I'm in school till at least 5.

OH MAN. Welcome to a month of anxiety, eagerness, nervousness, sleepless nights, restless days :scared:

and hopefully good news :xf:

good luck to everyone waiting :thumbup:

I just got my letter of acceptance too :) Woohoo!!! Congrats TMW. I interviewed on Jan 30.

CONGRATS! :thumbup:

Do u mind telling us where you're from? (Norcal, Socal, out of state?)

man i hate waiting .... did everyone who recieved letters from norcal? ... anyone recieve rejection letters yet?

omg I cannot stop shaking since I read that people got their letters. I already called home and there is no letter today. O man....my heart is beating so fast as I type. Congrats to you who got in! I hope to join you!!! But for now,....I AM DYING!!

I just got mine as well! I'm in San Jose :) Interviewed on Jan 30th

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I had a first or second year resident (asian guy) and the other was a third year student. I was Very surprised at how young they both were and that kind of makde me feel So uncomfortable. I dont know why but I sort of prepared my answer in a very dignified and polite tone and having them be so young kind of throw me off. who did you interview with?
my most off the wall question was " if you had to be any drug, which would you be?"

My interviewers were not quite so laid back, but they weren't mean. A resident and student interviewed me, so both were pretty young. They were difficult to impress. Kinda aloof most of the time. It did not feel like a "conversation," which Joel kept stressing the interview should be like. I heard some people interviewed with the dean. Who interviewed you guys? Did most people get a faculty and 3rd/4th year student?

wow... really? that sucks, she should know that we will have different opinions..

My interviewer was an emeritus professor... he was pretty serious and kept staring me down, although he cracked a few chuckles here and there. The student interviewer was as cold as ice... and she questioned one of my answer responses (it was a question about Obama's healthcare policy...apparently my opinion wasn't the answer she wanted to here). Not a particularly fun or laid back experience.

guys...I can't even think about anything else than this letter. This anxiety is crazy....I'm not gonna lie, I am jealous of those who got their letter and get to celebrate! But good for you, I am sure your families are so proud, as they should be.

guys...I can't even think about anything else than this letter. This anxiety is crazy....I'm not gonna lie, I am jealous of those who got their letter and get to celebrate! But good for you, I am sure your families are so proud, as they should be.

Hmm, maybe once a bunch of us get our letters, we can all get together for happy hour, vent and celebrate together :) As for feeling jealous..no need...I think we are all rooting for one another to get in.

My classmate just got accepted today too. He also interviewed on the 30th. That makes me think that people who got accepted today had early interview dates.

Hmm, maybe once a bunch of us get our letters, we can all get together for happy hour, vent and celebrate together :) As for feeling jealous..no need...I think we are all rooting for one another to get in.

yay! i received my letter of acceptance today by snail mail. i'm in UCD, but i called my mom at home to get the results.
since it's going to be asked... lthe etter was postmarked March 4th... written on the 3rd. I live in Norcal (daly city/millbrae) and I interviewed Feb 12th at 2:30. See you guys in the fall of '09.

I can't believe i put a deposit down for touro :bang: but since UCB2005 has invited us for happy hour, the tab can be on him/her...:whistle::woot: ...hehehe.

yay! i received my letter of acceptance today by snail mail. i'm in UCD, but i called my mom at home to get the results.
since it's going to be asked... lthe etter was postmarked March 4th... written on the 3rd. I live in Norcal (daly city/millbrae) and I interviewed Feb 12th at 2:30. See you guys in the fall of '09.

I can't believe i put a deposit down for touro :bang: but since UCB2005 has invited us for happy hour, the tab can be on him/her...:whistle::woot: ...hehehe.

lol...sure, np..just add it to my tab that my never-ending loans will be covering :laugh:

I loveeeeeee UCSF soo much! Congrats to everyone with an acceptance thus far. Hope to hear from them soon :)

Anyone heard anything about what housing is like near campus?

Well I got my letter on the 5th, I'm in...interview date was the 30th of January. See those that were accepted in the fall. Now I'll have to turn down the other school I already gave my deposit to, makes me feel guilty...

omg i just got my acceptance in the mail =D
i live in san jose and interviewed 2/20/09! (postmarked on the 5th)

Well I got my letter on the 5th, I'm in...interview date was the 30th of January. See those that were accepted in the fall. Now I'll have to turn down the other school I already gave my deposit to, makes me feel guilty...

Rhymes w orange, Congratulations!! Are you in Norcal as well?

Wow, everyone posting on SDN for UCSF has gotten acceptances. Are there no rejections at all? Last year there were already a few rejections and less acceptances around this time.

I also got in. I'm located in norcal.

Good luck to the rest of you.

I also got in. I'm located in norcal.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Wow! Congratulations extra07extra! Seems like most people that have been accepted thus far are from Norcal. Now will it be UCSF or UCSD for you?

I am too wondering if rejection letters went out?

Wow! Congratulations extra07extra! Seems like most people that have been accepted thus far are from Norcal. Now will it be UCSF or UCSD for you?

Thank you chicadefarma! I hope you will hear the good news soon as well. I actually have a friend in Socal that also just received her acceptance today. I am still undecided between UCSD and UCSF but I plan to make the decision soon. Good luck to you!

Last year were all the acceptances sent out earlier in the first few days or did they span the entire month

were you morning or afternoon session? i think we might have talked. n e ways congrats. see you in the fall!

i interviewed in the morning. you were in the 2nd session right? the only person i spoke to briefly from the second session was a cute guy that spoke swahili and traveled to africa (droool);)

Last year were all the acceptances sent out earlier in the first few days or did they span the entire month

people received acceptances the entire month. it's interesting because it seems that everyone is getting in, but there are no rejections??? i think it's because there were fewer people interviewing this year than last year or that people aren't posting that they were denied... OR MAYBE, just maybe, they are accepting everyone from SDN that interviewed with them. hahaha.

people received acceptances the entire month. it's interesting because it seems that everyone is getting in, but there are no rejections??? i think it's because there were fewer people interviewing this year than last year or that people aren't posting that they were denied... OR MAYBE, just maybe, they are accepting everyone from SDN that interviewed with them. hahaha.

or maybe and just maybe they decided that this year's interviewing class was so great that they decided to expand the class of 2013 to 275 people in order to accomodate everyone :)

or maybe and just maybe they decided that this year's interviewing class was so great that they decided to expand the class of 2013 to 275 people in order to accomodate everyone :)

That would be nice but I know of a couple of people that received their rejection letters already. :(

Not everyone likes to post their rejections. At least they are not as on top of it as the accepted are. Got mine Saturday (today). Good luck during this UC roll-out. Wish you all the best in the mailboxes.

this year they interviewed less people, so the chances of getting in this year is closer to almost a 1:2 ratio.

last year they interviewed way more than the 275 this year, it was closer to a 1:3 chance of getting in. :eek:

I know this is childish. But I want my letter too! Good or bad, I am dying to know so I can plan accordingly. If I do not stay in SF I am moving halfway across the country to go to school. Since I stayed at home for undergrad, this is a very big/scary step.

Anywho, I am happy for the people who got there acceptances and hope to get my letter soon!

LOL! I wish!

When I got waitlisted last year, I was literally one of the last people to get a letter, and I know that some people got waitlisted before me, and some people got accepted after me. I don't think there's any definite pattern to it, so don't read anything into the fact that you haven't received a letter until you've actually received the letter.

I know it really, REALLY sucks to wait (believe me, I've been there--and still there) but just remember, no news is good news--since it means you haven't been rejected!

No one has posted about their rejections yet so I'll be the first.

I GOT....REJECTED!!! I dunno when the letter was postmarked, but my parents told me that it arrived Saturday afternoon. My interview was Friday, 2/13.

No pity needed. I know my career will still be bright. If the Dept. of State granted me a Fulbright, I know there's still some love out there and that my experiences abroad will open doors for me elsewhere. Good luck y'all!

No one has posted about their rejections yet so I'll be the first.

I GOT....REJECTED!!! I dunno when the letter was postmarked, but my parents told me that it arrived Saturday afternoon. My interview was Friday, 2/13.

No pity needed. I know my career will still be bright. If the Dept. of State granted me a Fulbright, I know there's still some love out there and that my experiences abroad will open doors for me elsewhere. Good luck y'all!

Sorry to hear that.... darn Friday the 13th huh?