UCSF Rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ablumoon

=)
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been rejected post-secondary from UCSF yet? I'm wondernig when I should expect my letter in the mail....
Also, does anyone know how soon they may begin to interview/reject those who submitted a secondary? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

ablumoon said:
Has anyone been rejected post-secondary from UCSF yet? I'm wondernig when I should expect my letter in the mail....
Also, does anyone know how soon they may begin to interview/reject those who submitted a secondary? Thanks.

woah woah woah! Still waiting on my secondary, brolio....

cHocoBo 118 said:
well.. i just got my rejection PRESECONDARY roughly about... 2 minutes ago. my very first rejection of this application cycle. even though i knew there would be no way id get into a school like that, still hurts when reality hits.

When did they receive your AMCAS, chocoBo 118?

Members don't see this ad :)
cHocoBo 118 said:
well.. i just got my rejection PRESECONDARY roughly about... 2 minutes ago. my very first rejection of this application cycle. even though i knew there would be no way id get into a school like that, still hurts when reality hits.
^ I took this to mean that it had come via e-mail (since the quoted message was made at 1:30am). Over-extrapolation on my part, my fault.

cHocoBo 118 said:
ah.. makes sense. no i just got home and checked my mail. I'm wondering what to do with this letter now. haha. i want to destroy it and yet.... keep it as a remembrance of my very first rejection.

use it as motivation. Tape it above your door and tap it everytime you leave...like the Notre Dame Football Team does.

JayQuah said:
use it as motivation. Tape it above your door and tap it everytime you leave...like the Notre Dame Football Team does.
The Notre Dame Football team tapes a rejection letter to UCSF med school above their door?

Flopotomist said:
The Notre Dame Football team taps a rejection letter to UCSF med school?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Flopotomist said:
The Notre Dame Football team taps a rejection letter to UCSF med school?

haha, i guess they were all rejected too.

To answer the OP's question, the UCSF admissions committee just started meeting this week. Rejections can come anytime, but no interviews until October. All the 2ndaries are only just now starting to be reviewed. However, now that the ad com is meeting, I suppose interview invites could start rolling in any day now.

I have a couple friends on the admissions committee this year so my info is coming straight from the source.

Orchids&Organs said:
To answer the OP's question, the UCSF admissions committee just started meeting this week. Rejections can come anytime, but no interviews until October. All the 2ndaries are only just now starting to be reviewed. However, now that the ad com is meeting, I suppose interview invites could start rolling in any day now.

I have a couple friends on the admissions committee this year so my info is coming straight from the source.
Just wondering, maybe you know. How do they decide post-secondary rejections? No essays were required for the secondary. Is it all based on LORs then?

man I want a secondary...