UGA C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FluffyFutureDVM

Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread started for this upcoming cycle! I thought I would start one for the c/o 2028.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! Best of luck with your application cycle. I am a first year (as of today...lol) at the University of Georgia and will be keeping an Instagram updated with "A day in the life" type posts of my experience as a first year and I am happy to help read essays or be a sounding board for ideas as well. If you'd like to follow along follow me @dogtorkeeleigh. I know it is a stressful time but you are all intelligent, capable, and worthy. I look forward to hearing from you all!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Technically I think it's my 4th time applying but only 2nd time as a GA resident. :) Best of luck to all!

Hello! I am second time applying, first time with UGA. How did any of you do the coursework portion of the questions? Do we put in the course requirements needed for UGA?

This is my second time applying IS! UGA is my top choice and alma mater and I'm so nervous!!! Good luck everyone!

Anyone received confirmation email or access to a student portal yet from uga?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they should be reaching out? Or has anyone gotten an email from them since submitting the application?

Does anyone know when they should be reaching out? Or has anyone gotten an email from them since submitting the application?

You won’t hear much from them until decisions. They sent out an email in January about decisions being late February or early March and maybe an email in November (I think), but that was it. I’m a second time applicant.

They just sent a timeline update. Looks like we can expect decisions Feb/March :)

Reactions: 2 users
Did everyone get the email that their application made it to faculty review?

I haven't gotten either email, now I'm worried haha. Anyone else who hasn't gotten email(s)?

Last edited:
Did everyone get the email that their application made it to faculty review?

I did! It said that the application made it past the first round of reviews now it’ll be faculty review then references if need be.

That was the biggest jump scare 😂

I haven't gotten either email, now I'm worried haha. Anyone else who hasn't gotten email(s)?
I also haven't gotten an email from them yet. I'm OOS, not sure if that makes a difference.

is it an "accomplishment" for your app to go to faculty review lol? i couldnt tell if it was just reviewing you completed all requirements or actually if we got somewhere in the admissions process haha.

I also haven't gotten an email from them yet. I'm OOS, not sure if that makes a difference.
im also oos and got it earlier this morning. check junk? a few of my schools i applied to are going to junk and its nerve wracking lol

is it an "accomplishment" for your app to go to faculty review lol? i couldnt tell if it was just reviewing you completed all requirements or actually if we got somewhere in the admissions process haha.

Not really an accomplishment necessarily. All applications should go through as long as pre reqs have been completed

For those who haven’t received an email yet I just received mine so don’t panic.

I would argue that anything that isn't a rejection is an accomplishment! I know of someone who was already rejected by UGA, so I would celebrate the small things!

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone asked UGA admissions office, how they calculate science GPA? Do they use the science pre reqs that they require or do they just use what VMCAS calculates?

Has anyone asked UGA admissions office, how they calculate science GPA? Do they use the science pre reqs that they require or do they just use what VMCAS calculates?
Parker told me they do their own calculations with their specific requirements!

Has anyone heard of people getting accepted IS with lower GPA?

I can’t speak on the past couple of years, but I worked with someone who is graduating from UGA CVM May of 2024, and they were originally waitlisted with a 3.3. They were pulled from the waitlist a few months before classes started. They said that their experiences and LOR got them in.

In past years it has been just their science/math pre-req's used to calculate their science gpa.

Has anyone heard of people getting accepted IS with lower GPA?
I’m also in the same boat, IS with a lower GPA. I’ve tried to find students that got in with a lower gpa and I’m struggling to find some. This is my second cycle applying, I’m so nervous!

I’m also in the same boat, IS with a lower GPA. I’ve tried to find students that got in with a lower gpa and I’m struggling to find some. This is my second cycle applying, I’m so nervous!
This is my second cycle IS too! You can message me if you wanna chat😅

I sent mine to
[email protected]
I was informed through Parchment that they had been received, so I’m assuming that’s the right email.
When did you send yours? I sent mine through the holiday and it keeps saying nobody received it yet but in the email it said it was sent to this correct email. Trying to see if because of the holidays that’s why.

When did you send yours? I sent mine through the holiday and it keeps saying nobody received it yet but in the email it said it was sent to this correct email. Trying to see if because of the holidays that’s why.

Late December. I think it was December 21 or 22. It notified me that it was received and downloaded the following day which was right before they left for the holiday break. They could’ve had a lot to go through, so maybe that’s why you haven’t been notified yet!

The last email I've gotten is from November about email clarification. Had anyone get more emails?

I haven't gotten the one talking about moving to faculty review! Should I be worried:eek:
I had the message about faculty review a few days before the “email clarification” email