UGA College of Pharmacy (Fall 2013 Marticulation)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

The Recoverer

Poppin' Bottles
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread for students applying for Fall 2013 admissions to this school so I decided to start one.

I'm really interested in their PGY1 residency program in Augusta (Acute care, and drug-use policy development)!

I've also living in VA for most of my life and I really wanna GET OUT and see what's out there. Never been to Athens but I heard it was quite the resort.

Anyone applying here almost done with their application? This is the first year they are using Pharmcas.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE APPLYING!:luck::love:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm applying, but I'm out of state as well, from AZ. Have you been to Athens? I'm thinking about adding it onto the list now that its all pharmcas.

Members don't see this ad :)
SOMEONE ELSE REPLIED! lol

never been to Athens but my friends go to visit every summer and they love it! I am from a small town in VA so it's really boring. I wanna go out and see more stufff!:D

They got a ton of options for residency, which is why I am applying. :cool:

Think they just changed up some pre-req's this year. Added in that you need 2 semesters of a Foreign Lang. or equivalent course. That took 'em off my list as I went for Lit instead of Foreign Lang.

Think they just changed up some pre-req's this year. Added in that you need 2 semesters of a Foreign Lang. or equivalent course. That took 'em off my list as I went for Lit instead of Foreign Lang.

looks like they did switch it up.

looks like they did switch it up.

Actually, upon further review, it is 9 hours of World Culture Courses. They have a link I found that lists the courses that count towards this and you can search the school database to get a description that should allow you to compare what the courses are.

Pre-Reqs- http://www.rx.uga.edu/images/pdf/admissions/checklist.pdf

Courses that count for credit-
http://www.curriculumsystems.uga.edu/ucc/genedcore.pdf

On the plus side I noticed that they do count Elementary Level courses, so I might be able to squeeze in 9 hours over the next few semesters. Though it will be tough, as I was already on track to graduate in summer 13 taking full loads each semester.

Actually, upon further review, it is 9 hours of World Culture Courses. They have a link I found that lists the courses that count towards this and you can search the school database to get a description that should allow you to compare what the courses are.

On the plus side I noticed that they do count Elementary Level courses, so I might be able to squeeze in 9 hours over the next few semesters. Though it will be tough, as I was already on track to graduate in summer 13 taking full loads each semester.

Yeah I've seen these links about 4 months ago. I already have my bachelor's right now I am just taking some remaining pre-reqs at a CC. I am trying to send out my pharmcas by August first. so hopefully they will receive it by september. :scared:

smercer, are you applying here this cycle?

Yea, I Will be applying to all Ga schools. Just waiting for my LoRs to finish and I will be sending my app. in. Then to the waiting game.

I'm applying here as well. I'm so nervous. All I have to do, other than finish the school year, is take the PCAT in September!! :eek: LOL

I think I have to cram one of those world culture courses in there as well. Probably in spring, but I'm going to check with my advisor just to make sure if I need to.

I'm applying here as well. I'm so nervous. All I have to do, other than finish the school year, is take the PCAT in September!! :eek: LOL

I think I have to cram one of those world culture courses in there as well. Probably in spring, but I'm going to check with my advisor just to make sure if I need to.

sounds like a plan. Do you live in Georgia? Yeah I also have to satisfy one more world culture pre-req. I already have a B.S. so I am exempt from the English reqs. I am nervous too!!! I really love this school though!:oops::oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
sounds like a plan. Do you live in Georgia? Yeah I also have to satisfy one more world culture pre-req. I already have a B.S. so I am exempt from the English reqs. I am nervous too!!! I really love this school though!:oops::oops:
I used to live in Atlanta, but now I'm in another state far away. When I started school way back in '08 I had planned to go to UGA when I finished my pre-reqs. I'll complete my pre-reqs for UGA, as well as my associates, this Spring. Can't wait to see what this year brings.

I used to live in Atlanta, but now I'm in another state far away. When I started school way back in '08 I had planned to go to UGA when I finished my pre-reqs. I'll complete my pre-reqs for UGA, as well as my associates, this Spring. Can't wait to see what this year brings.

Best of luck to you strawberry! and Congrats on the associates!

UGA is on my list along with Belmont and Manchester. I will no longer be applying to Howard or Chicago. I'm taking the PCAT in September, and registered for Spanish II and world religions to satisfy the world language credit.

UGA is on my list along with Belmont and Manchester. I will no longer be applying to Howard or Chicago. I'm taking the PCAT in September, and registered for Spanish II and world religions to satisfy the world language credit.

sweet! Good luck with everything man! i am trying to submit my pharmcas ASAP because I am not sure when UGA beings reviewing apps. Are you in or out of state (GA)?
I am an out of stater so that makes me nervous. i heard most state schools prefer instate residents. Good luck and keep in touch

sweet! Good luck with everything man! i am trying to submit my pharmcas ASAP because I am not sure when UGA beings reviewing apps. Are you in or out of state (GA)?
I am an out of stater so that makes me nervous. i heard most state schools prefer instate residents. Good luck and keep in touch
UGA accepted 15 out of state students for Fall 2012 according to the PharmCas site. http://schoolpages.pharmcas.org/publishedsurvey/1746

Anyone hear back yet from UGA? Just wondering...

No.... Not yet. I submitted UGA's supplemental on 8/29 and PharmCAS mailed my application on 9/12, but acknowledgement of transcript and PCAT score receipt has yet to manifest on my UGA "Admission Status - PharmD" page. Said page indicates that it may take up to 10 business days following receipt of supplemental materials in order for status to be updated.

When did you apply? My application status just got updated last week, after applying in early September!

Question: I checked my application status on the UGA website. The whole "Date PCAT received" section was gone! Only shows the date I paid my supp application fee. I am confused as to what this means? my pharmcas was mailed out about a week ago

Congrats on the interviews. One more question. Were you guys ED or regular decision? I called them last month and they told me they would begin review regular decision by the end of October. I am regular. I was wondering if you guys were both ED. THANKS:thumbup:

I received an email yesterday and submitted my application in early August. :thumbup:

No I applied regular admission

No I applied regular admission

Ok thanks for your input! I esbmitted in the middle of September and it wasn't mailed to them until 10/7. So I'm guessing I'll have to wait until November to hear any noise. Thanks again and good luck!

Ok thanks for your input! I esbmitted in the middle of September and it wasn't mailed to them until 10/7. So I'm guessing I'll have to wait until November to hear any noise. Thanks again and good luck!

Mine was mailed on 10/8 as regular decision. I got an interview invite yesterday. You might not have to wait that long.

Mine was mailed on 10/8 as regular decision. I got an interview invite yesterday. You might not have to wait that long.

Thanks for your help! :thumbup:

Well, unlike most applicants, my stats are actually pretty bad. maybe i didn't get an interview offer this month. :scared: They told me they don't flat out reject you, they keep reviewing your app if i dont get an interview this month. let's hope that's true:confused:

I submitted my application to UGA on PharmCAS on 10/11/12, they received it 10/16/12, reviewed it that day, and invited me to an interview via email that night. So within a week of submitting they contacted me about scheduling an interview. I'm so excited!!!!

I submitted my application to UGA on PharmCAS on 10/11/12, they received it 10/16/12, reviewed it that day, and invited me to an interview via email that night. So within a week of submitting they contacted me about scheduling an interview. I'm so excited!!!!

Wow nice. Congrats. its been 3 weeks since I e submited. They might be reviewing mine. (Hopefully)

Wow nice. Congrats. its been 3 weeks since I e submited. They might be reviewing mine. (Hopefully)

Yeah I was very surprised. I think it was just luck or something, but hey, I'll take what I can get! It's unfortunate though how they require the 9 hours of world language though- I'll have to take those before Fall if all goes well and I get in... Where else did you apply?

Yeah I was very surprised. I think it was just luck or something, but hey, I'll take what I can get! It's unfortunate though how they require the 9 hours of world language though- I'll have to take those before Fall if all goes well and I get in... Where else did you apply?

hahaha hard to tell where I applied. I applied to about 25 schools across the nation. haha. but I love Athens and I'm really interested in their rotation program. Checked my email last night. no interview yet. my app was mailed on 10/7. maybe next cycle! grats again!

hahaha hard to tell where I applied. I applied to about 25 schools across the nation. haha. but I love Athens and I'm really interested in their rotation program. Checked my email last night. no interview yet. my app was mailed on 10/7. maybe next cycle! grats again!
Dang! Have you heard back from any of the other 24 haha?

Hello, All!

For the ones that received an interview- what are your stats? (If you don't mind me asking). I'm curious as to waht I need to make on my second PCAT to get an interview. Thanks!