UGA College of Pharmacy (Fall 2013 Marticulation)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my letter!!!! Go Dawgs!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to all of you who have been accepted. I literally get ecstatic when I see all those postings. And to those who have yet to receive an acceptance letter, be steadfast and continue to have faith.

My turn to apply (Class of 2018) isn't too far and looking through this forum has really helped me prepare myself for the challenges ahead.

Nevertheless, congratulations and good luck in future endeavors.
:) :D :luck: :luck: :D :)

How scary is the essay? I am pooping my pants!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not at all. It's like a personality feeler. Just be coherent.

I lost hope after finding out I didn't make it through the first round of acceptances lol. However, I just received my acceptance letter today!

How scary is the essay? I am pooping my pants!

My essay topic was not anything related to pharmacy but more so to get a better understanding of who I am. I struggle with writing impromptu essays so I personally felt my essay wasn't exceptional as far as the content.

All in all, do not stress too much over it b/c they just want to make sure you can write without the help of autocorrect on Microsoft Word lol.

I lost hope after finding out I didn't make it through the first round of acceptances lol. However, I just received my acceptance letter today!

I'm like you. I have lost hope; however, I haven't received acceptance like you. I was hoping to hear something back yesterday after the Thursday letters were sent out but, no such luck. Merp.

Has anyone received an email in the past couple of days saying they were not chosen to receive an acceptance letter but where still in consideration?

I'm like you. I have lost hope; however, I haven't received acceptance like you. I was hoping to hear something back yesterday after the Thursday letters were sent out but, no such luck. Merp.

Did you get an email like the first round saying you didnt get in but are still competitive or no email this time?

No im talking about en email to those who have not been invited to an interview yet. Email basically says thaat if you have gotten a score above 30, then to go ahead and send them the score and they will schedule you an interview.

Did you get an email like the first round saying you didnt get in but are still competitive or no email this time?

No. Do they send those out? My first round was just this January. I didn't know they sent out emails like that...

Members don't see this ad :)
To PRmed- I got the email after the first round, but I haven't gotten an email for the second round saying I'm still competitive

Just had my interview. It was a very nice school, and everyone I came across was so friendly. I had a great time. Dr. Wolfgang is incredibly approachable and so kind and laid back. It was a pleasure speaking with the him and Dr. Welch, and I'd be lucky to get an acceptance here.

I gave up on this school. Never replies to my emails. Dropped lots of dough applying here. Really had a passion for it. They told me they were scheduling interviews for people if they sent in their PCAT scores., which I paid more money to do. whatever haha.

Last edited:
Just sent in my deposit. Gonna be lookin for a roommate/apartment.

I received an email regarding my competitive status. I have no idea what it means if you received one or not. I would not worry to much about it. Good luck.

what does it say if you dont mind sharing? thanks.

The email, sent on Feb. 14, said:

"Since we began interviewing in November we have conducted approximately 200 interviews for admission to fall's incoming PharmD class for the University of Georgia College of Pharmacy. Based on those interviews, a small group of applicants was selected to receive admission offers in early December and a second small group in February. While you were not included, please do not be discouraged, and remember that many applicants like yourself will be offered admission by mid-April. We still view you as a competitive candidate for admission and you will receive full consideration when more admission decisions are made in coming weeks.

As always, if you have questions or concerns, please contact me.

Susan Herda
PharmD Admissions"

The email, sent on Feb. 14, said:

"Since we began interviewing in November we have conducted approximately 200 interviews for admission to fall’s incoming PharmD class for the University of Georgia College of Pharmacy. Based on those interviews, a small group of applicants was selected to receive admission offers in early December and a second small group in February. While you were not included, please do not be discouraged, and remember that many applicants like yourself will be offered admission by mid-April. We still view you as a competitive candidate for admission and you will receive full consideration when more admission decisions are made in coming weeks.

As always, if you have questions or concerns, please contact me.

Susan Herda
PharmD Admissions"

ditto

CONGRATS to all the newly accepted students!!

And good luck to everyone with upcoming interviews and those awaiting any sort of news! I was accepted in November so i know exactly what you are going through; the wait is the worst part of this process. Just try to focus on something else (I know, easier said than done haha) and April will be here before you know it and your acceptance letters will be in the mail :)

Can't wait to meet everyone :):):D

Capture.jpg

I actually applaud that poster's strength and honesty. Only God knows the number of people who fabricate their stats and acceptances. That post probably helped ease the minds of others who were also denied acceptance.

Much respect.

I wasn't meaning to negate his strength and bravery. It takes a lot of guts to post something like that. I was merely asking out of curiosity to see what he was trying to achieve by posting it. No disrespect intended.

Mercer University college of pharmacy and health sciences class of 2017! :)

Last edited:
hahah hey guys! yeah I already got into my number 1 top choice Texas Tech. I thought UGA was a good school for me but I just posted this to give everyone a conclusion. As the OP of this thread, I just wanted to give everyone an outcome!

I am not disappointed or angry at all. live and learn, stuff happens. My stats were horrible so I am very grateful and humbled to have been accepted somewhere.

I wish everyone else the very best of luck!

Last edited:
hahah hey guys! yeah I already got into my number 1 top choice Texas Tech. I thought UGA was a good school for me but I just posted this to give everyone a conclusion. As the OP of this thread, I just wanted to give everyone an outcome!

I am not disappointed or angry at all. live and learn, stuff happens. My stats were horrible so I am very grateful and humbled to have been accepted somewhere.

I wish everyone else the very best of luck!

Glad you got into your number one! didn't know you were the OP of the thread but now it makes sense. Good luck!

Thanks! :)
Are you attending Mercer now instead of UGA?:laugh:

It was a very tough choice but my number one was always Mercer for 2 years. I loved UGA's program but I really wanted to study in the city. I've lived my whole life in a small town. But my decision was hard. A lot of factors to consider but it came down to where I felt I would grow more as a person all around. Cheesy I know. Lol

It was a very tough choice but my number one was always Mercer for 2 years. I loved UGA's program but I really wanted to study in the city. I've lived my whole life in a small town. But my decision was hard. A lot of factors to consider but it came down to where I felt I would grow more as a person all around. Cheesy I know. Lol

Glad you finally came to a decision...I remember you having trouble deciding. Good luck!! :)

Last edited:
Has anyone that interviewed recently been given an idea of when in April admissions decisions will be made?

It should be first week of April or end of the second week of April if they follow what they've done regarding decisions for the last two rounds.

When are they reviewing the candidates? Is it going to be this week (last week of March)? I interviewed for the third cycle and I've been waiting since... I heard that they might do the review this Thursday? When do they send out the letters?

Also, I heard they send physical letters to accepted students, and emails to rejected and waitlisted. Does anyone know this for sure?

:confused:

Going by the trend yes. Accepted students get a physical letter and no email. Wait listed or rejected students get an email updating their status.

I just got my acceptance letter in the mail! The letter was dated March 28, so I believe they met up yesterday. I live about a mile from the UGA campus. I was interviewed way back in November

My stats are 3.4 GPA and 79 PCAT, I also have 2 shadowing experiences and I volunteer at a local community health center in the pharmacy and front desk.

I applied last year and was put on the wait list. At the time my PCAT was 65 and GPA 3.1 with no experience. I did have my B.S. Biology and Masters of arts in teaching. The best thing I ever did was meet up with Dr. Wolfgang and ask him what I needed to do to get accepted the following year. So I encourage anyone denied or put on the wait list to take the time to meet up with Dr. Wolfgang. He is extremely nice and helpful.

Last year I got the wait list email around 5:00 on a Friday night, so if the trend follows they might go out tonight (just a guess)

Good luck to all! God is so good, it took me a year and a half to get accepted but it was all worth it

I just got my acceptance letter in the mail! The letter was dated March 28, so I believe they met up yesterday. I live about a mile from the UGA campus. I was interviewed way back in November

My stats are 3.4 GPA and 79 PCAT, I also have 2 shadowing experiences and I volunteer at a local community health center in the pharmacy and front desk.

I applied last year and was put on the wait list. At the time my PCAT was 65 and GPA 3.1 with no experience. I did have my B.S. Biology and Masters of arts in teaching. The best thing I ever did was meet up with Dr. Wolfgang and ask him what I needed to do to get accepted the following year. So I encourage anyone denied or put on the wait list to take the time to meet up with Dr. Wolfgang. He is extremely nice and helpful.

Last year I got the wait list email around 5:00 on a Friday night, so if the trend follows they might go out tonight (just a guess)

Good luck to all! God is so good, it took me a year and a half to get accepted but it was all worth it

Congrats!!!

Do your acceptance letters say you must finish your prereqs even if you have already finished all your prereqs?

Has anyone gotten the reject or waitlist email yet? I'm assuming they went out yesterday since letters were postmarked March 28th.

Congrats, PharmMeg! Hoping to hear some good news maybe tomorrow or the next day if they were sent out on Friday.

Thanks for the heads up!

If anybody would post as soon as they hear back by mail/email, that would be great. we are all pooping in our pants here.

A friend of mine in Athens got her letter in the mail yesterday so if you live farther away, it will probably be there by Monday!