UHS Interviewees

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rellik

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be interviewing in KC in the next few weeks and just wanted to see what some of the more interesting questions asked dutring the interview were?

I have looked at interviewfeedback.com and got the stuff about ethical issues, but is there anything that was asked that really made you take pause and think???

I appraciate your help!!

r

Members don't see this ad.

During my interview, my "off-the-cuff" question was: "if you did poorly on a certain section that you weren't interested in, say respiratory, what would you do?" I replied by saying that I would go back over much of the information because I'm not only going to see that information again on larger exams, the COMLEX, and the USMLE, but I may have a patient one day that needs my help in that certain area. So not only would I be cheating myself, but I would be cheating my patient of the best possible healthcare that I could provide. In looking back, I think I gave a pretty satisfactory answer. I wouldn't sweat having too many weird questions, they just want to get to know you. Good luck with the interview!

-Nathan (UHS '05)

Thanks,

I am a bit late in the application process and a "non-traditional" applicant. This makes me a bit a bit nervous about the process in general.

R

Members don't see this ad :)
Just thought I'd add something if you're feeling nervous (and you will when the telephone rings for you to be walked over to a faculty member's office for the interview- trust me)- I've posted this before on SDN, but I'll post it again- do not let them make you second-guess yourself. Speak from what you know!!! This is vital because they will see right thru you if you don't. Speak as much from your personal experiences as you can. Hope this helps!

-Nathan

Hey Rellik,
This is a different Nathan that has also been accepted to UHS 2005. You need to know that UHS does a very heavy prescreening process and the fact that you are getting interviewed is a huge step (I know...all the other schools say that and it is true, however, UHS accepts about 85% of those interviewed). So, like the other Nathan said be yourself completely, they already know who you are, they just want to make sure that the person on paper is the same face to face.

Best of luck, I think you will love it there. I know I did. Don't sweat the interview, everyone I spoke to said it was as relaxed and enjoyable as the experience that I had.

Take Care,
Nathan R.

Hey Rellik,
Applying late in the application process is not in your best interest - but hey, nothing you can change now so don't sweat it. Also, if you get an interview, you're almost there! The best thing you have going for you is that you're a non-traditional student. I am too and that has helped my applications. I've been able to bring a much greater depth of knowledge, understanding and confidence to my interviews than had I applied just out of college. Plus I was able to much better appreciate my motivation and excitement for medicine and it showed. That speaks pretty loudly! Good luck. I'll see ya there in the fall....

------------------
Drewdo

Ya know, non-traditional student doesn't have the same meaning that it used to. I am interviewing too right now and will graduate in May. At one of my interviews the actual interviewers told me that I am more non-traditional now because I am so young and right out of school. That came as a shock to me but I was like whatever works! I don't think there is anything with interviewing this late, and I was told that UHS has one of the most extensive pre-screening to even get to the interveiw...so your odds are pretty good.

Best of luck to ya