UIC application 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anybody knows how many people they invited this year, or are they still inviting. is so confusing, nobody says anything here...

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody is posting for the same simple reasons I've stated here before...

They are probably concentrating on their own IV, and they won't post anything here for many different reasons including not being bothered before the results/acceptance comes out.

As I also said before there is no exact science, most of the invites (if not all) might've already been sent out, but it's never 'over until it's over' (if it gives you some comfort)...

UIC usually interview around 100 candidates (maybe a little more depending on the number and level of applicants), IV's might go on until the end of this month.

Good luck to all that have been invited for the interview at UIC. For those that haven't I don't mean to be the one throwing the bucket of cold water but it might be time to start thinking about other schools (for this year at least).

Good luck to you all!

When approximately the results are gonna be ready?

Members don't see this ad :)
When approximately the results are gonna be ready?

Last year acceptances were sent out on the last week of August (you can check it out on last year's thread), but I can say that it will quite unpredictable this year once there were many changes on the IV process.

Are the international students mixed with the american students in the class?

Are the international students mixed with the american students in the class?

Most of the lectures the regular DMD and the IDDPs are together, but we are separate in pre clinical lab.
Starting next semester we'll also be together in most of the clinical rotations as well.

Most of the lectures the regular DMD and the IDDPs are together, but we are separate in pre clinical lab.
Starting next semester we'll also be together in most of the clinical rotations as well.
Thank u, Hope4!

IS UIC calling anymore Interivew for 2013 cycle.????????????

Nobody is posting for the same simple reasons I've stated here before...

They are probably concentrating on their own IV, and they won't post anything here for many different reasons including not being bothered before the results/acceptance comes out.

As I also said before there is no exact science, most of the invites (if not all) might've already been sent out, but it's never 'over until it's over' (if it gives you some comfort)...

UIC usually interview around 100 candidates (maybe a little more depending on the number and level of applicants), IV's might go on until the end of this month.

Good luck to all that have been invited for the interview at UIC. For those that haven't I don't mean to be the one throwing the bucket of cold water but it might be time to start thinking about other schools (for this year at least).

Good luck to you all!

so it means for those who havent been invited yet, its 99 percent over :oops:

truth accepted,down by another 300$. :smuggrin:

good luck for those done with IVs and looking for acceptance letters :)

Hi Friends,
My friend has an interview on 27 august.That might help in expecting interview calls.So they have already invited applicants till last week of August { I Guess},,,,,But they may send more interviews as they always do So Good luck ...

Anyone for August 29th?

I have iv on 29 august...

hey wen u got interview .watz ur stats

Hey amarbeer, crazy 4 dds my stares
NBDE 1: 90
TOEFL: 110
Gpa: 3.25
No part 2, not Chicago resident, dental assistant for a few months in US, no hometown experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are people who get IV call at a later time like me have a greater chance to be wait listed ?? Or that is not the deal??

Good luck to all of you that got in to this (probably) last round of IVs!

asmi28@ yeh i hav interview on aug 29th, i m from new jersey. where r u from?

Last edited:
I need a strong advise from hope4, I have an interview on aug 29th at UIC, but I already joined in NYUCD class of 2015, which school is better UIC or NYUCD and I also want to know about the FAFSA loan which I m currently receiving , what will happen to my loan, what the tution cost of UIC including living expenses for 2 years, bec in their website they didnt mention about living expenses, responses from everyone r welcome. thank you.

I have the same question in case we have to make a choice between UIC and other school, what would make UIC stand out from other schools weather UPENN, Michigan or CA schools?

Can somebody please tell me when they received their interview letters? I'm still waiting for mine!! I hope I get it :/ Will they be sending more out this week?

Can somebody please tell me when they received their interview letters? I'm still waiting for mine!! I hope I get it :/ Will they be sending more out this week?

I got it on the 14th of this month, and the IV is on the 29th of this month..

I got it on the 14th of this month, and the IV is on the 29th of this month..

Thank you for writing back :) I'm really bummed that I didn't get a letter. Is this the last batch? Ohh why am I asking you, you wouldn't know! Congrats on the letter and good luck on your interview! Btw did you get a call or a letter?

Thank you for writing back :) I'm really bummed that I didn't get a letter. Is this the last batch? Ohh why am I asking you, you wouldn't know! Congrats on the letter and good luck on your interview! Btw did you get a call or a letter?

Thank you, I got it via email.. Wish u the best

I hav interview on aug 29th, any female having the interview on same day and willing to share hotel contact me on 5716066622

Hi!
I took my NBDE more than 5 years ago? Is it still valid? Can I apply with old scores?
Any advice would be helpful!

Hi!
I took my NBDE more than 5 years ago? Is it still valid? Can I apply with old scores?
Any advice would be helpful!
for sure you can apply! they change the rule last year or 2 years ago, a friend of mine applied with a score 7 years old

I have the same question in case we have to make a choice between UIC and other school, what would make UIC stand out from other schools weather UPENN, Michigan or CA schools?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallucinations
I need a strong advise from hope4, I have an interview on aug 29th at UIC, but I already joined in NYUCD class of 2015, which school is better UIC or NYUCD and I also want to know about the FAFSA loan which I m currently receiving , what will happen to my loan, what the tution cost of UIC including living expenses for 2 years, bec in their website they didnt mention about living expenses, responses from everyone r welcome. thank you.

*****************************************************************************************************

Your schools choice should be based on your needs essentially... My first, second and third choices were UIC, UIC and UIC, of course I had a back-up plan, I applied to 4 other schools, but I knew what I wanted.

There is a very good thread that goes over this, and at the end you'll be the one to judge. I love Chicago, as I've been here for almost 4 years, I've always had good references about UIC from people that I knew, now that I'm there I am sure that I made the right choice.

@hallucinations - I think the main thing that I'd but against NYU is the 3 year program (and I think I've read somewhere here that they also require another year of something... not sure). If you haven't received the loan money yet (at UIC we only receive it at the beginning of each semester) I don't think you'd have to worry, just make the necessary changes and you'll be fine. And I wouldn't count on one without being sure of the other, so if accepted at UIC you can think about all of that...

Best of luck to all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallucinations

*****************************************************************************************************

Your schools choice should be based on your needs essentially... My first, second and third choices were UIC, UIC and UIC, of course I had a back-up plan, I applied to 4 other schools, but I knew what I wanted.

There is a very good thread that goes over this, and at the end you'll be the one to judge. I love Chicago, as I've been here for almost 4 years, I've always had good references about UIC from people that I knew, now that I'm there I am sure that I made the right choice.

@hallucinations - I think the main thing that I'd but against NYU is the 3 year program (and I think I've read somewhere here that they also require another year of something... not sure). If you haven't received the loan money yet (at UIC we only receive it at the beginning of each semester) I don't think you'd have to worry, just make the necessary changes and you'll be fine. And I wouldn't count on one without being sure of the other, so if accepted at UIC you can think about all of that...

Best of luck to all of you!

Thanks hope4 and congrats for achieving your goal, it is a good thing to be proud of, I have been searching a lot for a thread discussing UIC Program ( and the important thing that I was looking for is info about clinical experience and curriculum) I couldn't find any thread.

Thanks hope4 and congrats for achieving your goal, it is a good thing to be proud of, I have been searching a lot for a thread discussing UIC Program ( and the important thing that I was looking for is info about clinical experience and curriculum) I couldn't find any thread.

They're trying to put us earlier in the clinics, to improve as much as possible and maximize our clinical experiences. Regarding curriculum we're in a transitional stage right now where my class is probably the last DDS to graduate, probably starting Class of 2015 will have a DMD and some changes on curriculum are expected to meet those requirements. But I wouldn't worry about it once we have very experienced and extremely hard working faculty behind all that!

:thumbup:

They're trying to put us earlier in the clinics, to improve as much as possible and maximize our clinical experiences. Regarding curriculum we're in a transitional stage right now where my class is probably the last DDS to graduate, probably starting Class of 2015 will have a DMD and some changes on curriculum are expected to meet those requirements. But I wouldn't worry about it once we have very experienced and extremely hard working faculty behind all that!

:thumbup:

Great, thank you so much..

Did you get it by email or regular mail?? when was your interview??? please post

Congratulation for the acceptance wish u the best of luck, can u tell us when is the deadline for paying the money?

Congratulations on your achievement, hope we get to feel this happiness too. Did you get a call from them?

Congratulation Dentalstudio . When was your interview? Hope we will get one. Was it via email or regular mail? Enjoy the wonderful day :)

Last edited:
My interview is on the 29th of this month, I have a question to the people who attended the IV, I've read in older threads that they ask some ethical questions and give some pre-prepared teeth to the applicant and asking to identify the faults in the prep; but that was in an old cycle 2007 or something like that. Do they still ask the same? I'm not asking for details just want to know the type of questions. Thanks

My interview is on the 29th of this month, I have a question to the people who attended the IV, I've read in older threads that they ask some ethical questions and give some pre-prepared teeth to the applicant and asking to identify the faults in the prep; but that was in an old cycle 2007 or something like that. Do they still ask the same? I'm not asking for details just want to know the type of questions. Thanks
No, don't worry, they dont ask any specific questions and don't show teeth. Interview is simple. Only general questions.

congrats to dentalstudio!

I also got an IV for 27th august....but im currently out of the country due to a family matter. i got the email on 21st august.
what do you guys think ..can i ask to postpone since i cannot travel back in 5 days ..have a small baby with me. i waited so much for this interview and now I am in this situation.
pls help guys...

No one has posted about getting acceptance from UIC other than Dental Studio!! Has anyone else heard anything from the school, have they already started sending out acceptance mail? Please share!

Please share about the acceptance email from UIC. It is killing everyone.

Last edited:
Its funny, i was told in the interview not to expect any acceptances before the 1st week of october.

We were all told the same thing during the interview. I wish we all get to know the facts very soon and get acceptance notifications soon.

that means nothing related to clinics. only general..how was the interview committee? I have my interview on 6th Sept.