UIC application 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guys, can someone help me with this question! For the bench exam, do schools ask students/applicants to prepare and index before the preparation is begun????

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Guys, can someone help me with this question! For the bench exam, do schools ask students/applicants to prepare and index before the preparation is begun????

Thanks

What do you mean by 'prepare and index'?

UIC doesn't have bench exam anyway...

so interview dates out for august too ? how many days or weeks before interview do they inform.??

Members don't see this ad :)
For those asking for info about the IV don't expect many answers!!! :p

Obvious reasons: technically you are all 'competition', don't think that someone will just come over here and put everything about the IV... It wouldn't be fair neither it would be ethical. And even if someone just posted here about the IV how could you tell that it was just a distraction, or that the info was accurate? Would you just go with it?

On last year's thread there might've been a couple of people that gave some info about the IV, but that was pretty much it. I remember that I used to post on last year's thread but I didn't remember posting much about my IV or anything like that, I think that after I got the acceptance I gave some general info (pretty much what I had on the invitation email), but by them IVs were already over, and I absolutely didn't give away any specifics...

For those that were on todays batch (5 or 6, can't remember exactly), I was the one with navy blue scrubs, and Braulia me asked to tell you guys about what we've done so far this semester. (if you want to keep in touch send me a pm)

Good luck to you all! :luck:

so interview dates out for august too ? how many days or weeks before interview do they inform.??

Not an exact science! There's no right or precise answer for this one... ;)

Last year I know that many got the invite between 2 weeks and 1 month and a half prior to the date. But at the same time one of my classmates got his invitation just like 3 or 4 days prior to the IV.

Not an exact science! There's no right or precise answer for this one... ;)

Last year I know that many got the invite between 2 weeks and 1 month and a half prior to the date. But at the same time one of my classmates got his invitation just like 3 or 4 days prior to the IV.

all rightie! so i still waiting waiting :confused:

nbde1- 78, gpa 2.54, toefl 105
dental assistance experience - 2 months

any comments about my chances to get any IV call. ?????????
i know these are numbers arent impressive so i wont mind any NOs or straight forward answers.

i know these are numbers arent impressive so i wont mind any NOs or straight forward answers.

Ok, so I'm pretty sure you know what people will tell you.
So to fix this: Do your Part 2!! Trust me it helps! Aside from DA, add some work shadowing if you can. Finally make sure your LORs, personal statement, and resume are flawless! Everyone still has a chance. These stats are just a portion of what they look at. They look at you as a whole. I'm sure you'll get in somewhere. Just keep improving and working hard. Don't stray away from your goals and keep believing. I do the same myself, and I know one day our time will come! :love:

I got an interview just an hour ago for August 7! Woooowww)))) But the problem is I have a cruise that time! What to do? Rescedule interview at a later date? Is it gonna lower my chances?

I got an interview just an hour ago for August 7! Woooowww)))) But the problem is I have a cruise that time! What to do? Rescedule interview at a later date? Is it gonna lower my chances?
Congrats, I like this relaxed attitude:laugh:;), you may contact the school but do not tell them about the cruise:cool:..

But the acceptance is on rolling bases. Does this mean, the later your interview date the less seats are available?

What is more important to you a chance to get into school or to go to a cruise?

Instead of trying to change your IV date, is it possible to change the cruise date?

Think about it. ;)

Barbie21, congrats for the IV btw!

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Of Course the chance is more important for me, I d better go that day, they sent me!

i thing that u should definitively change your cruise date!!!

So to fix this: Do your Part 2!! Trust me it helps! Aside from DA, add some work shadowing if you can. Finally make sure your LORs, personal statement, and resume are flawless! Everyone still has a chance. These stats are just a portion of what they look at. They look at you as a whole. I'm sure you'll get in somewhere. Just keep improving and working hard. Don't stray away from your goals and keep believing. I do the same myself, and I know one day our time will come! :love:

I agree with dentovis, clearing part 2 would greatly improve your chances and there are many schools which it is mandatory to have it.

I've seen a lot of people with low NBDE, or low GPA getting into school... I don't quite know what are the odds when you have those combined, usually what happens is one compensating the other, other than that you have a desirable TOEFL score (100+). You have to focus on what can be improved though, extracurricular activities are a plus, research as well, presentations also count a bit. Don't loose hope! Keep it up and good luck!

with these scores i think they will grant u another date, i mean i don't think u are the only one who does that. and if u are not from illinois is even better, cause u need to travel bla bla.

Yeah, they may give me a later date, but woudnt it lower my chances?

i think who send the iv letter does not have anything to the admission committee, i don t think they will start to check who change the date. but is just my opinion

with these scores i think they will grant u another date, i mean i don't think u are the only one who does that. and if u are not from illinois is even better, cause u need to travel bla bla.

Really?!

This is the last time I'll say it: SCORES ISOLATED WON'T GRANT YOU ACCEPTANCE!!!!!! You won't be treated different from any other students that received an IV because of a 96 on part 1 (congrats! really awesome!). Once you've got to the IV all the other little things also become much more relevant. It's not only about scores, there's a whole bunch of other things which might even be more important than that...

You have excellent stats (your TOEFL could be better), but in irder to your application be flawless your whole package would have to back it up.

You are the one to make the choice, put yourself on the admissions shoes: there are 100 potential candidates for a spot at UIC, and there's this one that is trying to reschedule the IV to go to cruise... No matter your stats you'd be on the bottom of my list. I don't speak for them, and this is just MY opinion. It also doesn't mean that just because you're attending an IV that you'll be accepted. Anyway...

i think who send the iv letter does not have anything to the admission committee, i don t think they will start to check who change the date. but is just my opinion
But the point is not in changing, the point is if appear at a later date there will be less seats available, because with each interview they may fill up the seats. Am I right? Or the decision is made after all interviews are done?

They work close together, and yes they will know everything about your application! How many times you applied, your scores, your resume, your personal statement, your strong and weak points and and whatever other relevant info of you application process.

But the point is not in changing, the point is if appear at a later date there will be less seats available, because with each interview they may fill up the seats. Am I right? Or the decision is made after all interviews are done?

I'm sorry I don't have an answer for that... I know the acceptance they usually send out at once, but I''d say that after each IVs they probably select some and at the end if not filled all the seats they might review some applications, I don't know...

is there only one person who got iv yesterday? or they are done with it. if they are following rolling basis for iv then i got my application complete email on june 8 and barbie21 got it on mid of june so i think for me there is no point in waiting for iv.

is there only one person who got iv yesterday? or they are done with it. if they are following rolling basis for iv then i got my application complete email on june 8 and barbie21 got it on mid of june so i think for me there is no point in waiting for iv.
I got mine in June 11, to give u the exact day

I don't think it's this complicated, and most of the people would be friendly if you call cause that's the coordinator's job. If that were me, I'll call and ask what do they have and if that is going to affect my chances of acceptance, and will share with them all of my concerns. If the scores don't play a very big roll like hope said( he might be right or not), in that case a phone call and asking to change the date won't a big deal cause they want to interview the applicant to know him/her more.. Just don't tell them it's a cruise. That's my personal opinion, you don't have to go for it.

I don't think it's this complicated, and most of the people would be friendly if you call cause that's the coordinator's job. If that were me, I'll call and ask what do they have and if that is going to affect my chances of acceptance, and will share with them all of my concerns. If the scores don't play a very big roll like hope said( he might be right or not), in that case a phone call and asking to change the date won't a big deal cause they want to interview the applicant to know him/her more.. Just don't tell them it's a cruise. That's my personal opinion, you don't have to go for it.
Thank u for yr advice, I think u are right. From the side I would give the same advice to a person in my shoes. But I am that kind of person, that ...I worry a lot about everything...and I decided not to change the date in order not to regret later in case if not accepted. I already confirmed the interview.

Thank u for yr advice, I think u are right. From the side I would give the same advice to a person in my shoes. But I am that kind of person, that ...I worry a lot about everything...and I decided not to change the date in order not to regret later in case if not accepted. I already confirmed the interview.

Good luck to you, and don't regret your decision. Either way everyone will get what God decided for him..

thankyou this was encouaging, and yes m shadowing a prosthodontist but at a private practise not at a dental school.

You made the right choice. Good luck :)

Usually it is, in order to hold the seat. It ranges from 2500-5000 in different universities. And u have to pay it during psrticular period, from the date they said u accepted, usualy a month.

Usually it is, in order to hold the seat. It ranges from 2500-5000 in different universities. And u have to pay it during psrticular period, from the date they said u accepted, usualy a month.

Thanks for the clarification..

Hi,
I have an interview at uic in 5 days.Could you pls. elaborate more on the interview experience . I would appreciate it.

For those asking for info about the IV don't expect many answers!!! :p

Obvious reasons: technically you are all 'competition', don't think that someone will just come over here and put everything about the IV... It wouldn't be fair neither it would be ethical. And even if someone just posted here about the IV how could you tell that it was just a distraction, or that the info was accurate? Would you just go with it?

On last year's thread there might've been a couple of people that gave some info about the IV, but that was pretty much it. I remember that I used to post on last year's thread but I didn't remember posting much about my IV or anything like that, I think that after I got the acceptance I gave some general info (pretty much what I had on the invitation email), but by them IVs were already over, and I absolutely didn't give away any specifics...

For those that were on todays batch (5 or 6, can't remember exactly), I was the one with navy blue scrubs, and Braulia me asked to tell you guys about what we've done so far this semester. (if you want to keep in touch send me a pm)

Good luck to you all! :luck:

:rolleyes:

Hi,
I have an interview at uic in 5 days.Could you pls. elaborate more on the interview experience . I would appreciate it.

Hope 4 , can u please tell me I got application complete email yesterday from UIC, people are getting IVs, isn't it too late for me..... please explain. Thanks

maybe they could not choose enough people for the seats and now are reviewing other applicants even if they were late w/ application. what are your stats btw?

Hope 4 , can u please tell me I got application complete email yesterday from UIC, people are getting IVs, isn't it too late for me..... please explain. Thanks

They have to send you an application complete email if you sent everything before the deadline.

IS UIC calling anymore Interivew for 2013 cycle.????????????