UIC application 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys.. someone named ANUM posted on august 22 that they had an interview for August 31.. this was on last year's thread.

hey thanks for the info ..

Members don't see this ad.

no problem...so based on this i am hoping that they will be calling for more interviews!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi everyone ..did anyone get any IV's?
does anybody have any idea whats going on at uic?
to my knowledge only 6-7 people have got IV till now ..am i right? they interview almost 100 people if i am correct ..what has happened? either thy haven't invited anyone or nobody is posting here or they people who are invited are not on sdn..what do you think guys?

pls pls reply and share info if you have some ...pl post if you got an IV call...please!
pls share guys...if you know something.
i will definitely share if i get some info about interviews!
thanks..

hi everyone ..did anyone get any IV's?
does anybody have any idea whats going on at uic?
to my knowledge only 6-7 people have got IV till now ..am i right? they interview almost 100 people if i am correct ..what has happened? either thy haven't invited anyone or nobody is posting here or they people who are invited are not on sdn..what do you think guys?

pls pls reply and share info if you have some ...pl post if you got an IV call...please!
pls share guys...if you know something.
i will definitely share if i get some info about interviews!
thanks..

1.tessymol
2 ggazaryan
3 christy dds
4 mango salsa
5 jyots
6 dentistry talk 13
7 journey to dds
8 wadent
9 ddsaspplease
10 kjain412

On SDN... so another 90 are either not on SDN or have not been called...

1.tessymol
2 ggazaryan
3 christy dds
4 mango salsa
5 jyots
6 dentistry talk 13
7 journey to dds
8 wadent
9 ddsaspplease
10 kjain412

On SDN... so another 90 are either not on SDN or have not been called...

thanks for correcting me .. that's 10.

dentalutopia- do u think there might be more but they are not on sdn? atleast a few would be on sdn ..thats what i think.

Not sure... we will have to wait and see..but highly unlikely that they have sent 100 IV out and only 10 people have posted on SDN.

they are following last year pattern, so i think they will issue iv in mid july( 2nd or 3rd week ).
because they issued first iv exactly one day after that the day they issued last year. so wait for few more days, i think there is still more to come because they can not issue all iv before deadline and its been just 4 days, sending iv process will last for one month so we can not do anything other than wait........ wait.......... wait....

Last edited:
they are following last year pattern, so i think they will issue iv in mid july( 2nd or 3rd week ).
because they issued first iv exactly one day after that the day they issued last year. so wait for few more days, i think there is still more to come because they can not issue all iv before deadline and its been just 4 days, sending iv process will last for one month so we can not do anything other than wait........ wait.......... wait....

yeah ..really hope next week we see some more ivs..:xf:

My view on this-- Could be possible!!..they might have sent out atleast 30-40 IV by now.. July 1st is the dead line for the UIC application, so a person sending appl on june 30th should also be reviewed as per the law and then can be rejected ... Since they follow roll on admission, so they start calling students as they start reviewing.. i.e first come first serve... So being hopeful is the only option left for the ppl who couldnt make it to the 1st round..

Members don't see this ad :)
My view on this-- Could be possible!!..they might have sent out atleast 30-40 IV by now.. July 1st is the dead line for the UIC application, so a person sending appl on june 30th should also be reviewed as per the law and then can be rejected ... Since they follow roll on admission, so they start calling students as they start reviewing.. i.e first come first serve... So being hopeful is the only option left for the ppl who couldnt make it to the 1st round..

Rolling admission means that they review an application then send out an interview. The review applications till all the interviews are sent out and accepted. So, they don't have to review all applications. That is why they state on their website preference is given to early applicants.

rolling admission means that they review an application then send out an interview. The review applications till all the interviews are sent out and accepted. So, they don't have to review all applications. That is why they state on their website preference is given to early applicants.

tricky!!!

Hmmm ...Yes ,Tricky it is... the bottom line is, No body knows whats exactly the criteria is for selection, and the IV process. just assumptions..

I decided to decline my interview since i already got into program.
I hope some of you will get this interview call.

congrats ggazaryan...where did u get in...

Wow how wonderful. Congratulation!!!!

Hey Guys !
anyone been to iv at uic ???
pls share ur experience!... what they will ask !

This is a billion dollar ???? Now am also curious to know about what uic is gonna ask on iv dayyyyyyy,so ifanybody have a clue pls pls share it here thank youuuu

hey i heard that they are done with iv calls.they already send iv calls for 100 peoples.

I find that hard to believe... I know people who have gotten into this program for the last few years and my stats are similar if not better than their's... and I have yet to get an interview email. I also find it odd that only 10% of the people posted on SDN....that they got an interview...

If your information is true and reliable, I and many here will be sad. Hopefully it is not true.

what probably would be helpful if somebody who is already in uic can ask the admin if they will be sending out more interviews or not !
hope4 ????

what probably would be helpful if somebody who is already in uic can ask the admin if they will be sending out more interviews or not !
hope4 ????

That is a good idea... If Hope4 can help..

hey hope4 this is request from all sdn member who all are waiting for interview, can u ask admisssion member about iv and inform us? that will be great help to all of us.

hey hope4 this is request from all sdn member who all are waiting for interview, can u ask admisssion member about iv and inform us? that will be great help to all of us.

that would be great ...we all are waiting anxiously!

Christydds..Since you have already got an admit from UMDNJ. you must be pretty relaxed.I think you ought to be more empathetic towards other people before posting such rumors...I just had an opportunity to talk to someone from UIC and they apologized for the confusing application complete e-mail they have sent to people.They did stress that its a rolling admission and they have sent out few interviews but haven't exhausted with the 100 IV calls till now as they yet, have to go through all the almost 400 applications which they have received.Guys keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best!!!

PEACE!!!:xf:

Christydds..Since you have already got an admit from UMDNJ. you must be pretty relaxed.I think you ought to be more empathetic towards other people before posting such rumors...I just had an opportunity to talk to someone from UIC and they apologized for the confusing application complete e-mail they have sent to people.They did stress that its a rolling admission and they have sent out few interviews but haven't exhausted with the 100 IV calls till now as they yet, have to go through all the almost 400 applications which they have received.Guys keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best!!!

i am completely agree with it stop spreading such rumors christydds. think about others how they all must have felt when u said that all iv are issued. and thank u TheAlchemist for reducing some anxiety for all.

Thanks for the agreement, for all the right reasons. and Molar5678..All the best for you!!

Guys be optimistic, positive and never lose hope until the last moment.. It is too early to lose hope.

Thank you Alchemist..thats a huge relief (atleast for the time being ) .. ur assurance is (like) a ray of hope to many ...

Thanks for you posting. I think being healthy and enjoying our life is more important than any thing in this world. One of my friends got accepted at UCLA but died because of blood cancer. I know that all of us are worried about our future.I am 28 and I think there are some users in this forum who are older than me.we have to be patient and ask god to help us all.Never lose your hope guys.:thumbup:

You are welcome.I appreciate your advice and would like to add that I am much older than you and would like to say " Guys until and unless you donot grow up in your attitude towards other with kindness, love and empathy you wont be of any help to anybody; so please help as the only way of giving back to the people who have helped you (your family, friends, mentors etc) is by paying it forwards and helping others whom you can help.Soothing other stressed minds will balm yours too as no help is unidirectional it will bounce from all directions and will definitely keep you going when you need some.So my friends appreciate each others anxiety and be a friend !!! We all will get into school one day or another but the sooner you start believing in yourself the faster you will see nearing your goals but enjoy every step with diligence and generosity..
PEACE

You are welcome.I appreciate your advice and would like to add that I am much older than you and would like to say " Guys until and unless you donot grow up in your attitude towards other with kindness, love and empathy you wont be of any help to anybody; so please help as the only way of giving back to the people who have helped you (your family, friends, mentors etc) is by paying it forwards and helping others whom you can help.Soothing other stressed minds will balm yours too as no help is unidirectional it will bounce from all directions and will definitely keep you going when you need some.So my friends appreciate each others anxiety and be a friend !!! We all will get into school one day or another but the sooner you start believing in yourself the faster you will see nearing your goals but enjoy every step with diligence and generosity..
PEACE

Thanks for letting us know!