Uiuc Msp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOBODR

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to the MSP at Ubana and asked if anyone else had in the allopathic forum but got no response. I was wondering if anyone knows what % of people who apply do they interview? how many of those are accepted? and how late they interview? It seems like a great program and I was just curious if anyone knew because I am still hoping I have a good chance at acceptance.

Members don't see this ad.

it is a great program!!! and in my (completely biased) opinion, highly underrated.

i'm not sure what percentage gets interviews. they are usually pretty quick with following up on applicants, but you could call or email Amanda and make sure that your file is complete. they are really great in the admissions office and would be honest if you ask how much longer they plan to interview.

each year they try to fill a class size of around 20, but it depends, sometimes its more/less. i know the year i applied there were more than 100 applicants, not sure how many got interviews.

if you have any questions about the MSP, feel free to PM me. i know there are other MSPers on here too....

Amanda is a great person to go to. Their interviews usually run much later than most other programs I believe into March even. However, once you get the interview they usually call you to let you know of their decision within a week or two. Class sizes are highly fluctuating. I believe my year it was just under 30. If I remember correctly once you get an interview, your chances are usually pretty good since I didn't think they interviewed that many individuals maybe 50 or so.

freddytn said:
Amanda is a great person to go to. Their interviews usually run much later than most other programs I believe into March even. However, once you get the interview they usually call you to let you know of their decision within a week or two. Class sizes are highly fluctuating. I believe my year it was just under 30. If I remember correctly once you get an interview, your chances are usually pretty good since I didn't think they interviewed that many individuals maybe 50 or so.

Sorry I guess I was vague in my first post. I acutally already have an interview this weekend. I am excited b/c its actually my first choice and I was just seeing what my chances are. I agreewith you though - Amanda Cuevas is very nice and so is Marsha Dunlap and the rest of those people. IT is actually a nice refresher in comparison to other admissions offices...