Ultrasound Guided Regional Anesthesia (USRA) skills courses. Has anyone attended these?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
I got a mailing for the USRA skills course. Has anyone attended one of these? Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a mailing for the USRA skills course. Has anyone attended one of these? Thoughts?
If you finished residency within the past 6-7 years the vast majority of programs should have exposed you to enough ultrasound regional anesthesia that you don't need an course like these.

I believe ultrasound teaching starting becoming mainstream starting in the mid 2000s at many programs.

If you are in a practice where no one does them. Than yes these courses have some value getting introduced to the basics of ultrasound.

The most important skill in ultrasound guided blocks is hand eye coordination and the only way to acquire that skill is continuous practice.
If you are just starting then the course could help u understand the basics but if you are already doing blocks it would be a waste of time and money.