(Un)"Official" August 2005 MCAT Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mister Pie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, most of you east coast people should be in bed by now and will be finishing 3 hours ahead of us west coasters, lucky bastards. Anyways, some of y'all will undoubtedly come back (maybe after a night of hard partying) to complain, rant, brag, whatever, so I thought I'd provide some format. If you'd be so kind to provide:

1) Your test form code. (For people who want to compare experiences)

2) Your general impression of the individual sections. Remember, do not provide anything overly specific that might make AAMC mad.

3) Your overall experience. (Test center good? bad?, etc)

4) Anything else you want to add. Feel free to predict your score if you have the guts (I know I won't).

Members don't see this ad.

1) BG (again!) had the same form in April!
2) I finished VR twenty minutes early! :oops: I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign! I hope it's a good one. . .
3) Test center good so far, only 4 other people besides me taking it. It's kind of hot, though. But no annoying coughing or anything like that.

4) My first VR passage contained information about how fast a T rex can sprint! I almost laughed out loud, it seemed funny at the moment.

I'll check in tonight and finish up my evaluations, as it's lunch break right now and I've only got an hour (starting back at 12:55!). Good luck to all you west-coasters just getting started! Now the real waiting begins!

1) CH

2) My PS was probably 90% genchem, the stuff I didn't really study for. I knew physics out the wazoo though. In fact, it was genchem stuff I didn't even recognize! Why is it my highest grades are in physics and genchem, but I can't do crap on the MCAT PS?

VR was actually quite a bit of fun. The passage about RoboTuna was great. Did anyone else realize that for the, "What is the most likely source for this passage" questions, that the sources are cited in the back of the book?

The answer stem that involved slaughtering a kid in the woods was interesting.

I'll update with WS (I'm seriously considering drawing a picture) and BS later.

3) Test center is good. Probably 20 people in the room with me. Temp is good. Proctor is the same I had last August. One of the procs screwed up handing out the booklets and fixed it, but was calling out the forms to people to double check; most people knew who had what form!

I noticed a lot of people didn't finish VR. Is this common?

4) I'm not making that mistake again.

JKDMed said:
1) CH

2) My PS was probably 90% genchem, the stuff I didn't really study for. I knew physics out the wazoo though. In fact, it was genchem stuff I didn't even recognize! Why is it my highest grades are in physics and genchem, but I can't do crap on the MCAT PS?

VR was actually quite a bit of fun. The passage about RoboTuna was great. Did anyone else realize that for the, "What is the most likely source for this passage" questions, that the sources are cited in the back of the book?

The answer stem that involved slaughtering a kid in the woods was interesting.

I'll update with WS (I'm seriously considering drawing a picture) and BS later.

3) Test center is good. Probably 20 people in the room with me. Temp is good. Proctor is the same I had last August. One of the procs screwed up handing out the booklets and fixed it, but was calling out the forms to people to double check; most people knew who had what form!

I noticed a lot of people didn't finish VR. Is this common?

4) I'm not making that mistake again.

robotuna? :laugh: we cant get into specifics but i can just imagine what it was about though.

as for your sources strategy... BRILLIANT... and it actually worked? thats too slick. :cool:

good luck guys... i guess you're finishing up the writing sample right about now

Members don't see this ad :)
Oooh the sources thing is genious!! I realized it last year when I was doing practice tests but it never showed up on the real thing :(

nothing to add to this thread, but just wanted to say i feel nervous for you guys that are taking the test at this VERY MOMENT! brings back (anxious) memories from april :scared:

heres some :luck: for the test.

1)CK here.

2) PS and BS were a bitch, VR was pretty easy.

3) We got done really fast.

4) PS 11, VR 11, BS 10. A little disappointing given my 35, 35, 36 on AAMC 6R-8, but nothing to complain about.

1) CN (it was a sign of death before I had even broken the seal)

2) PS: Had to guess 10 questions. Comparable to Kaplan PS. Glad I did all those nasty Physics Topicals. Probably won't score as high as any Practice Tests though.

VR: A nightmare. Guessed 15 questions. I don't think I scored above an 8. Other people I talked to said it wasn't that bad, so I don't think it was test itself but moreso my inability to verbally reason, so to speak. Really set me down for the rest of the day even though I tried not to think about it. I'll probably be retaking because of this section. :(

BS: Harder then the Kaplan BS sections. I did manage to finish with about 2 mins left though. Probably the only double-digit section for me today.

3) Test Center was good. Proctors were pretty nice and friendly overall. About 300 people writing at my center.

4) It would've been a decent day if it weren't for Verbal. I'm really down right now. Cancelled plans for going out too. I'm loathing the fact that I might have to retake a 3rd time. But if it doesn't work out this time, I'll probably have to reconsider a lot of things. I'll probably settle down after a few days and get back to life, but right now I feel as if I just wasted 3 months.

Score Prediction? 9PS, 7VR, 11BS = 27

Sure, 24 is the nation's average, right? But considering I got a 25 last year, only a 2 point improvement after taking soooo many Practice Tests (~15), and studying all summer would be so demoralizing.

1) AT

2) I swear, PS was mostly physics and BS was 90% biology, NOT organic, thank god. verbal was OK but the passage about topiaries cracked me up!

3) Good test centre, everyone was quiet but a beeping THING went off in the middle of BS and I was so pissed, because no one shut it off (I guess didn't want to admit to having it) for like 5 minutes, no kidding.

4) i'm gutless!

i had DK which for sure stands for DoooooKeeeeee...that test f'n sucked :mad: i felt like i studied for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Form AM
2) I felt like PS was a real bastard. Didn't feel like it covered a broad range of topics. I hope the curve is good on this one. Anyone else feel the same? VR and BS were not too bad. Really straight forward and what I was expecting. Actually finished BS with ten minutes left.
3) What can i say... it was the MCAT. 30 ppl at Michigan State and a great proctor, nice atmosphere. After the exam ppl were bonging beer in the parking lot. Good times.

1) AG

2) PS: There did seem to be a lot more chem than phys BS: way more bio than organic, but I'm not complaining! VR: Not bad really except for one passage about the postmodern pastoralist, I didn't like that one!

3) Generally pretty good. Lots of people in my testing room but the proctor was funny and made us laugh so that was cool.

4) I won't predict but I will say I want at least a 30....whether I got it or not? who knows? (I got a 28 in April, so it's possible! :rolleyes: )

Members don't see this ad :)
1) CT (I'm in Connecticut right now... I was like "heh...")

2) PS wasn't too bad, but I made a reading error that cost me quite a bit of time (damn it). Ended up rushing through one passage to finish on time. There was one passage, however, that didn't need to be read at all. All of the questions were pseudodiscretes. I was kind of pissed...

On VR, I also had the RoboTuna passage. That was kind of fun. I liked the passage on market capitalism, too, since I'm a sucker for leftist arguments against pure market forces...

BS contained some topics that I didn't know and had to guess on. The lack of orgo was kind of silly in that I kind of busted my butt to memorize the reagents for some of the reactions on the syllabus. (Where the hell was the hydrazine and Wolff-Kishner, etc.?) However, it's over, and I don't give a crap anymore :).

3) Test center was very well-run (SSS building at Yale). Only one bathroom for each sex, though, grar. People were nice and from Georgia. The guy at the door knew where my hometown was, which was cool...

4) I am SO glad that this freaking test is over that I'm actually happy/not thinking about how it went. I have no idea what I'm going to make, so I won't bother speculating. The only thing that I know for sure is that there is going to be some imbibing of ethanol tonight...

1) BG

2) PS was alright, mostly gen chem. i didnt think it was overly difficult, especially after experiencing april 05's PS section! but a couple of passages i got stuck on. but i finished on time! VR kinda weird because most of the passages i didnt find overly difficult to read, but still praying i did good since this is my weak area. BS was by far IMPOSSIBLE!! this section worried the most because it had crap on there i had no idea what they were talking about!

3) My overall experience was much better than aprils, due to the fact that i finished the VR and PS sections on time. but im still worried about BS.

4) im not gonna try to predict my score but pray for a 29 :D also i am GLAD ITS OVER!

rrshah2 said:
Hey, I had BG, too. I thought it was incredibly hard. I was averaging 31-32 on practices but I feel like I bombed this (25-). I may be overreacting but I'm not sure.

I had BG

I thought that the PS was ok but it was about 80% gen chem. Verbal was easier than I expected and BS sucked. I definitely think that I bombed BS...I feel like I could have done the same without the 3 months of prep. Anyone else feel the same way about BG?

My proctor was fine...everything about the room was good too. We had tables instead of desks so everyone had a lot of space...that's about it.

Congratulations to everyone!! We are finally done!!!

Anyone else have form FL??? I thought the physics was freakin' easy, but bs was really hard for me because I swear it was half (hard) o-chem. And I suck at O-chem. And the rest was either kidney or endocrine--yay. Verbal was really hard--all of the passages (except for the rap one) were very complex--seemed like a lot of history and philosophy. There was one verbal passage-something about justice--that almost didn't make sense. But verbal is my best, so I still think I did pretty well on that section.

Get this--our test center did not have air conditioning!! It was so hot--that REALLY sucked. I mean, my hands were sweating--gross!

I hope everyone did really well--just relax and celebrate!

Nikki2002 said:
Anyone else have form FL??? I thought the physics was freakin' easy, but bs was really hard for me because I swear it was half (hard) o-chem. And I suck at O-chem. And the rest was either kidney or endocrine--yay. Verbal was really hard--all of the passages (except for the rap one) were very complex--seemed like a lot of history and philosophy. There was one verbal passage-something about justice--that almost didn't make sense. But verbal is my best, so I still think I did pretty well on that section.

Get this--our test center did not have air conditioning!! It was so hot--that REALLY sucked. I mean, my hands were sweating--gross!

no air conditioning?? that sucks! It was pretty hot today...except after it rained and all...where in fl did you take it? I was at UF...

1. AL (anyone else?)

2. PS was alright, although I couldnt finish. Had to guess on 5-8 questions. Oh curve, please come to my rescue.

VR: Easier than AAMC practice tests, but still couldnt finish. Guessed on 4 questions.

BS: ONLY 1 organic passage. WTF. All that organic studying for nothing. Overall, it was pretty easy, other than that 1 passage on growing unculturable species of bacteria.

3. Test center was pretty good, I thought. Pretty quiet and the proctors were not bitchy about allowing to drink water during the test.

Nikki2002 said:

omg, i would have DIED had there been no AC at my center. If its too cold you could always wear a sweater or a jacket but you cant do anything if its too hot. That sucks Nikki. :thumbdown:

1) Form AN

2)PS seemed a little easier than I thought. VR sucked. I finished at the last minute. WS didn't go as I would have wanted it to go. BS went alright. THere seemed to be a lot of genetics on there and not much OChem.

3)Testing center was good, only 15 other people testing, but it was darn cold in there!!!

4)I'm hoping I scored at the very least a 26, we'll see when the scores are out in a couple of months.

Hope everyone did as well as they wanted or better.

physics and bio were pretty hard...verbal was okay! ugh...i dont know whether im relieved or upset. BIO WAS REALLY HARD

Oh my gosh i had form DM that physics was ouchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh badddddd i didn't have time to finish the last 2 passages i rushed thru it. :) that sucks. i thought the verbal was easier than what i expected, i had time to finish everything, and the biology was ok, had trouble finishing the last passage. The bio was mostly passage based.

I'm so sad about the physics though.

Originally posted by thadarknyte
physics and bio were pretty hard...verbal was okay! ugh...i dont know whether im relieved or upset. BIO WAS REALLY HARD

although we had different test forms, i totally agree. im glad they put everything i HATE on there (ie genetics amd molecular biology related topics) AND they put only ONE, yeah u heard me, ONE organic passage, which im really good at!!!! i felt good about the other sections but im worried about bio. :mad:

1) Form DL

2) PS did not have any subjects i had difficulty with but I got so nervous that I stared at passage one for 8 minutes before writing and sitting next to someone jotting down answers 10 seconds into the exam psyched me out. I did not finish 2 passages. This part of the exam seemed simple but I never finished PS on time when praticing and you know what happens during the real deal.

VR - seemed very simple. wish I knew about the trick of looking in the back of the booklet! finsished with 2 minutes to spare like I did on practice exams.

BS- seemed amazingly simple. more passages were pseudodiscretes(as coined from the poster above) on BS than BS. finished 20min early and changed 1 problem. felt like I pwned this section as well.

3) brown out that caused not much of problem(lasted 10 seconds). the administrator said into her microphone when someone voided "oh no I thought we were not going to have any voids this time. we are not 100%". she was trying to be funny but I thought that was rude. takes some balls to go up there and void.

4) learned that I should do discretes first to calm myself down. I did this in the BS section. 7PS 11VR 11BS. I pray to get 8+ on PS though!! :eek:

1) AJ
2) PS was a little harder than usual. Verbal was alot easier, and BS was average
3) I took the test at Texas A&M and was very satisfied
4) I won't guess =P

1) BS, what bs

2) PS - Fair. It started off with easy passage questions and I eventually encountered some tough questions near the middle-to-end passages.
VS - For me, tough. There were two 10-question passages, which I did not anticipate. Worst case scenario happened after I had just completed the first 10 question passage and noticed that I had 20 minutes left for 3 more passages including a second 10 question passage! And I made the mistake of leaving the second 10-question passage for last and had to guess (not even educated guessing) on all 10 questions. I should've done that one thoroughly and left one of the other passages with 5 questions. I'd be feeling better having guessed on only 5 questions as opposed to 10. I got VERY nervous from rushing through the last couple of verbal passages, heart rate rose, legs shaking, and lots of other sympathetic nervous system action there. I also started feeling some arthritis in my writing hand after the writing section, and also started getting backaches too.
BS - Moderate. Orgo passages came in the first half of the section and I cruised through them easily. The latter half of the section included some tough bio questions, I thought. But it could have been that I was still pumped up from the verbal section, started getting tired and did not have enough concentration for these. Seemed like a lot more bio than orgo.

3) (Queens College, NY) Good test center. Proctors were alright, nothing distracting or anything like that (even though one of the proctors sneakers kept squeeking with every step, I managed to block that out).

4) I hope hope hope the curve allows me to break double digits in each of the two sciences since I felt I did fair in both of them. I am hoping and hoping for a 9 in verbal given my guessing 10 questions.

i had form EJ. everyone else i talked to said the PS was "okay" or "easy" but i thought it was tough. i barely even remember what was on it, i just remember really struggling with that mother. i had to guess on one of the passages. not good. i never finished PS in any of my practice exams anyway, so here's to hoping... i thought VR was decently hard, there definitely were some tough passages, but at least i was able to finish, which i'm semi-proud of, cause i wasnt always able to finish the VR section on my practice tests. WS was cakewalk. my mind really was flowing cause it seemed like automatic writing. it was like some direct connection between my brain and my hand, cause i was spewing off some pretty good bullshift. but who knows what the markers will say. and BS i thought was hardest of all, there were a bunch of bio stuff i was really hazy on, and they just seemed to go over those again and again. i finished, but i don't think i did well. oh well, here's 2 more months of anxious waiting.

DL, (anyone who got this...talk to me)

PS: Hard! I usually get 12/13 on the PS section on the diagnostic, but this time, I don't think I broke a 10. I didn't think it was reflective of TPR diags and AAMC diags at ALL! I don't know, I also had a killer migraine, which might have caused me to think it was harder than it was.

VR: HARD HARD! I didn't like it at ALL! NONE of the passages were interesting, and I skipped 2 passages. I'm was never good in VR to begin with so my assessment might not be of value. The RobotTuna was NOT FUN!

BS: I thought this was fair, but I'm not completely confident

I honestly feel leaving the testing center scoring below a 20. Only time will tell I suppose.

Form CG

PS- Mostly Gen chem, no insane physics.

Verbal- Yes i had a robotuna as well, and yes i suck at verbal and I would be very happy with an 8 in this section.

BS- Almost no organic which made me happy, had a few crappy questions on immunology that i drew some blanks on but made some educated guesses. There wasnt any insane genetics however they did manage to throw in a few questions here and there.

Prediction- 11PS-8v-11BS.

The day went well, i still cant move my neck. I just had two huge bacon cheeseburgers.

I am however happy because i finished everysection without having to make random guesses. I finisehd PS with about 2 minutes to go. I finished verbal with 2 minutes to go and i finished BS with 10minutes left which allowed me to go back check some answers and make sure my bubbles were perfectly filled in.

My continuation of Form CH and WS 063

WS: Who cares? I wrote about the flying spaghetti monster for the internet question.

BS: Almost entirely Bio passages that were difficult but not impossible. I got a 7BS last year with about a week's worth of prep. I feel I made at least a 7 again, probably an 8-10 this time with no prep.

form: AN

-PS: since when was physics taken off of the mcats? finished 10 minutes early (i always went to the whistle with kaplan), and was able to change 4 answers to the right one...
-VR: finished the first 3 passages in about 20 minutes, real fast for me, then slowed down considerably for no reason, and finished just as time was being called, but overall thought it was pretty dense
-BS: Uhm, yeah. I guess the human body isn't too important...when you want to become a doctor? Very odd section I thought, nothing like any practice tests...none of the Kaplan or AAMC ones were anything close. finished 10 minutes early like i normally do, changed some answers to better ones...was really happy there was no Ochem, cause I suck at that.

Overall: It either went well enough that I wont care to retake it (29+), or not...we'll see. Praying for a 30+

form BH-

PS- i actually finished on time, which i was happy about. pretty sure i made some dumb mistakes but im just happy i finished.

VR- again happy i finished- had two 10 question passages but was on the lookout so i wouldnt run out of time. no clue as to how i did- probably 10-11.

BS- only 2 organic passages! but some of the bio passages were really convoluted.

frankly i thought it was a pretty evenly distributed test in terms of the sections/difficulty. prediction- 33

freakingout, I had DM and the girl in front of me had DL and a lot of our passages were the same. I thought the physical sciences was just horrible with the exception of maybe 4 or 5 passages the last ones were just i dunno i can't even recall.
My verbal was decent as well as the bio, too much passage based questions on bio.
My favorite part was the writing sample, i wrote 3 pages for each. interesting topics.

thesmartazz said:

CT also!

2. PS- I felt damn good about it right up until i ran out of time. I had to really speed through the last 2 sections, 12 questions worth, but i think my score will be ok :oops:

VR- Oh how i wish you could transfer unused time from one section to another. I finished it with 40 minutes to spare! grrrrr. there were a couple of questions i wasnt positive about though..

Writing- hah, i love that section, to bad it doesnt matter much. :mad:

BS- ruined my life!!!!! i think. i cant really remember much. i dont know if it was a section or two that killed me or the whole darned thing. as far as i know most of what was on there i hadnt encountered before, and i didnt like the organic, though i usually do ok on it anyway. ugggh... i dont know what to think. :( i came really close to voiding the test after this section, but due to only having .003 seconds to decide and being quite curious about my score and that i still have another chance in april i decided not to. i dont know if that was the right decision! :eek:

3. cold. my hands were blue by the end (yet it was something like 105 outside). the proctors were very impersonable.

4. hmmm. 8-13 PS, 10-15 VR, 7-12 BS P-T ...... so 25P to 40T hah. all i really want is a 30. just something that wont hurt my chances even if i do much better next try. any opinions on how low of a score really hurts for someone shooting for a school with an 30 avg mcat would be appreciated.

AJ

PS sucked hard. The last passage with the two speakers and the two positions set up in a triangle? wth? I guessed on most of those and just barely finished.

VS - I thought it was pretty easy, but it's my strongest section.

WS - not bad. who cares.

BS - two organic passages and a only a couple of discretes made me very happy! I was kinda fuzzy on some microbiology that was tested. Lots of genetics - but that wasn't too bad.

My testing center sucked. People's watches beeping during VR. Someone's phone ringing for a good 20 seconds during BS. The guy beside me with the runny nose that kept (loudly) sucking snot back into his head and hiccuping. Gross.

We'll see what October brings!

form DK (wrote in Canada):
-physics was absolutely brutal, all those experiments that i didn't have time to read; when i practiced on aamc tests, i always got around 12 in physics, but i thought this was much harder
-verbal, which i always score 9 on, i thought was relatively simple; i'm really crossing my fingers for 10+
-biological section had only TWO organic passages out of ELEVEN; the rest were based on genetics and microbiology (no body systems, no endocrinology, no physiology)

DK

1) the physics was ridiculous. i dont know what happened but i lost track of time and ended up Lettering of the Day for 20 questions. i was prepared to void after this but wanted to see how the rest went. The verbal was really good. I got stuck on the second to last passage and left a really wasy passage. argh, hate when that happens. I guessed on about 5 of the verbal. Bio was really good, only 2 orgo passages and the rest was mostly all physio.

Form BH

PS - Not that bad, actually. I finished!! I'm just happy about that. I doubt I did too hot, but at least I know I didn't make a horrible score, b/c at last I was able to finish. Very little physics..LOTS of titration. Overall, it wasn't horrible, so I can't complain too much.

Verbal - Um, I don't really remember much. It was medium difficulty. Of course, there were those two 10 question passages. But I have no idea how I did ... anywhere from 10-13, I'd guess. Probably at the lower end though.

BS - Well, the first half was super easy, it got quite difficult toward the end. I didn't feel so great about if after I left, but I may have overanalyzed it. There was like one or two orgo passages. Weird.

But all I really care about now is that it's finally DONE!! :D

Form EG

PS:
Pretty good, there were some passages where I had to think for a minute, it seems there were a lot of medical-related passages, even in the Verbal.. wasn't expecting it. But a whole lot of general chemistry.

Verbal: I felt really good about it. A lot of science based theory, my strong point, so I brought it on.

Essay:
Was stressful going in. I tried to practice writing essays in 30 minutes, but every time, I blanked and couldn't put coherent paragraphs together. I guess you need the pressure of a proctor to get the thoughts flowing. EDIT.
Hopefully they can read my handwriting.. :eek:

Bio:
Again lots of medically related passages. My strategy was to spend a LOT of time on the passages, and less time searching them after reading questions. This really seemed to help, bio was a cinch.

I was much more prepared this time. I took the mcat last august before taking physics or orgo (post-bac). I did well, but with these classes under my belt I hope that means a higher MCAT score.

CJ test
PS: I thought it was good. Mostly chem.
VR: sucked..didnt finish and ended up guessing on 10 questions.
BS: damn. My brain was tired and I wasn't reading for those passage based questions. Finished on time.

Form DG

PS: i got stumpted on a few passages so i just guessed. other than that it was "ok"

VR: as usual: a b*tch. i didn't even like that ROBOTUNA passage. vortecies my a$$. i also tried looking for the expermental passage, and after chandlers clues i think it was the 10 question passage (passage 8) cuz the biblio said it was made in 2004. who knows? i guessed so many question cuz i couldn't concentrate....i hate idiots that scribble like mad during verbal!!!! die!!!

BS: i was so surprised to only see 2 organic passages!! i don't know if thats a good thing or a bad. i really hope they don't curve down! my test had a tonn of experiments related to genetics, digestive (pancreas), micro.

FORM AG

PS:Not too bad, luckily lots of General Chem, not a lot of Physics
BS:The orgo that there was (and there wasn't a lot of it) was cake. Wish there had been more of that and less about the glutamate/neuron count.
VR: Some bad, some good. I recognized one of the passages from a book I had read this year, so that helped. I didn't even have to read the passage once I realized.
WS:Cake, just like last year ( got a "T" last year)

Test center: Nice, AC yes, good water fountains.
Prediction: PS-double digits, VR-9, BS- Who knows. Depends on the guesswork!

Form: AG

PS: Not bad. Heavy on gen chem, light on physics. I thought it was avg. difficulty. I didn't quite finish - had a few left.

Verbal: Fine except for that bs transendentalist passage - 10 questions, and it killed me. Had a passage from a kaplan practice exam also.

BS: Way too easy, so the curve is going to suck. only 1 orgo passage, and everyone does well on bio, so the raw scores are going to be high i think.

Overall I didn't think it was too bad.

1)DL

2) PS - Much gen chem. I think I did fine, and I'm sure aced the physics passages, but it seemed to ask quite a few gen chem questions of the sort that I hadn't studied particularily hard for. A bit of bad luck. Still, I had a good idea on most of them.

VR- Awesomely easy. Almost all of the passages were very interesting in one way or another, most of the questions weren't particularily ambiguous, and I had enough time to go through the whole section twice.

BS - Just fine. A couple passages were pretty tough, but I finished with enough time to really go over those and change or confirm all of my previously guesstimated choices. I would have liked more ochem, though if there actually had been, I might not be saying that. What was there of it was easy.

WS - Very boring.

3) Quite good.

4) I was surprised, actually, I thought it would be harder. I do believe I did quite well.