Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

UNC Supplemental short answer question

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by organoDDS, 07.01.12.

1. Thanks to Crack the DAT
  1. organoDDS

organoDDS

Dental Student

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    If any of you are working or have worked on the supplemental, how did you address the question:

" Describe the major influences in your life."

I'm stumped on this question. Any suggestions?
  2. duke2121

duke2121

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    yeah the supplemental is tough. Some questions I already answered in my PS. Still debating if its worth applying oos.
  3. Krisko

Krisko

Pre-Dental
    I didn't finish that question yet because I don't know. Is it to corny to say your dentist? probably. And duke since you'd be competition I probably shouldn't say this but I think applying is worth a shot, because it really is a great dental school. While $150 is a lot I figure its worth it so that you won't regret later not applying
  4. organoDDS

organoDDS

Dental Student
    yeah the thing is a beast.... I agree with you Krisko that it's worth a shot, even if applying OOS.
  5. telemonster

telemonster

Dental Student
    That supplemental took me about as long as the AADSAS application to finish haha. The best advice I could give is honesty. Maybe not all your influences were huge, but small ones count as well. Maybe a piece of advice from an advisor, or a class from a professor. That kind of thing. A profound Confucious-esque statement would help, but lying or exaggerating could be worse, at least in my opinion that's how I went about it.

Hope this helps!
  6. duke2121

duke2121

Pre-Dental
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yeah, and the question, give reasons for your interest in dentistry. Um, can't they read my personal statement?
  7. FaithBuild18

FaithBuild18

Pre-Dental
    I have a question about the UNC supplemental not related to the essay question. When it asks "Date your AADSAS application was sent" do they mean the mailing date? Or the date you e-submitted?
  8. telemonster

telemonster

Dental Student
    I assumed it was the esubmit date.
  9. organoDDS

organoDDS

Dental Student
    Thanks guys for your suggestions. I just talked about my two mentors and how they inspired me. That should be good enough.

Faith: I filled it out as the esubmit date.

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal