Under 3.0 Gpa Acceptance Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rajmahal1980

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you had a GPA under 3.0 and have been accepted to a dental school please post your stats here.

GPA:
DAT:

Schools applied to:
Date schools recevied your app:

Interviews:
Acceptances:
Rejections:

My stats are posted below and still haven't heard anything. I'm begining to lose hope even though my DAT score was strong (22) and I did a double major. Let me know if you've got any advice also. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I have a friend with similar stats that was accepted to Maryland.

Members don't see this ad :)
We already have a thread for this...its called "the under 3.0 club" do a search

true, there is a thread similar to this, but this one is specific for those who have an under 3 gpa and actually got in. I like this thread. Hopefully I will be able to post something worth while here soon :oops:

I have a 3.1 overall and a 2.7+ BCP ( :mad: ) and I don't even have one interview.

JamesD said:
We already have a thread for this...its called "the under 3.0 club" do a search

This is different thread man. Even though I am not part of this club, I was wondering this very same thing. I would suggest organizing it kinda like the interview and acceptance thread.

2.8/2.9 : 22/20/19 0 interview 0 acceptance
3.1/2.7 0 interview 0 acceptance

rajmahal2004 said:
If you had a GPA under 3.0 and have been accepted to a dental school please post your stats here.

GPA:
DAT:

Schools applied to:
Date schools recevied your app:

Interviews:
Acceptances:
Rejections:

My stats are posted below and still haven't heard anything. I'm begining to lose hope even though my DAT score was strong (22) and I did a double major. Let me know if you've got any advice also. Thanks.

just barely made it over a 3.0

GPA: overall - 3.05; science -2.8
DAT: 19/19/17

Schools applied to: many
Date schools recevied your app: submitted late july, took about 5 1/2 weeks to get to schools

Interviews: boston, nyu, baylor
Acceptances: boston
Rejections: usc, case, uop

GPA: 2.95 (sci: 2.92)
DAT: 23/22/21

Schools applied to: San Antonio, Baylor, Houston, UoP, UPENN, Nova, NYU, BU, Temple
Date schools recevied your app: ~late October

Interviews: 3 Texas schools, Nova (cancelled), Temple (cancelled)
Acceptances: San Antonio, Baylor
Rejections: UPENN

Hope that helps

J2AZ said:
This is different thread man. Even though I am not part of this club, I was wondering this very same thing. I would suggest organizing it kinda like the interview and acceptance thread.

2.8/2.9 : 22/20/19 0 interview 0 acceptance
3.1/2.7 0 interview 0 acceptance

oh i see, that thread is for people who havent been accepted? Well, carry on then. :D

looks like doing awesome on the DAT will do you wonders :p

I had a 2.9 undergrad, got a B.S. in beer and women. I am a second year now and doing much better (I got married). :laugh:

KY2007 said:
I had a 2.9 undergrad, got a B.S. in beer and women. I am a second year now and doing much better (I got married). :laugh:

lol

Just curious if a lot of ppl here are planning to get married only after their loans are paid off. Those are my intentions. Got to be careful about taking on too much responsibility early in life..

pbure said:
lol

Just curious if a lot of ppl here are planning to get married only after their loans are paid off. Those are my intentions. Got to be careful about taking on too much responsibility early in life..

Personally, I am going to be more concerned with learning and earning my livelihood. I wouldn't say that means I won't look from time to time, but I have to stay focused for 4 years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

Just wondering.. did you end up getting into NYU??

longhornfan21 said:
just barely made it over a 3.0

GPA: overall - 3.05; science -2.8
DAT: 19/19/17

Date schools recevied your app: submitted late july, took about 5 1/2 weeks to get to schools

Interviews: boston, nyu, baylor
Acceptances: boston
Rejections: usc, case, uop

GPA: overall ~3.1; science ~2.7
DAT: 20/19/25 (late oct)

Date schools recevied your app: submitted late july
Interviews: none
Acceptances: nyu
Rejections:uop

bluekty said:
can i ask u when you got accepted to NYU?

the letter is dated december 20.

iwik said:
GPA: overall ~3.1; science ~2.7
DAT: 20/19/25 (late oct)

Date schools recevied your app: submitted late july
Interviews: none
Acceptances: nyu
Rejections:uop

the letter was dated in dec? yet u got it in feb?? also...u didnt have to go for interview at nyu? and do u know why u didnt? lol sorry about all the questions

dentist4sure said:
the letter was dated in dec? yet u got it in feb?? also...u didnt have to go for interview at nyu? and do u know why u didnt? lol sorry about all the questions

well, i received it after i returned from winter break early january. i just haven't posted it. i'm sorry. i did not receive an interview. they sent me a letter congratulating me on my acceptance and invited me to visit their campus. i did not get a chance to go, but i have turned in my deposit and they sent me a postcard notifying me of it's receipt. i'm not really sure why i didn't get an interview. i guess they don't interview all their applicants. i was told there are applicants who don't get interviews before being accepted. i'm not sure, but do you think it has to do with the fact that i live on the west coast...maybe they figured it's a little far? shrugs. i really don't know.

iwik said:
well, i received it after i returned from winter break early january. i just haven't posted it. i'm sorry. i did not receive an interview. they sent me a letter congratulating me on my acceptance and invited me to visit their campus. i did not get a chance to go, but i have turned in my deposit and they sent me a postcard notifying me of it's receipt. i'm not really sure why i didn't get an interview. i guess they don't interview all their applicants. i was told there are applicants who don't get interviews before being accepted. i'm not sure, but do you think it has to do with the fact that i live on the west coast...maybe they figured it's a little far? shrugs. i really don't know.
Who cares why you didnt have to go, CONGRATULATIONS. You saved money, time, and the jitters from not having to go. You should be proud. I know a couple of schools that accept people without interviews. They say its for exceptional students, so you must be exceptional in some way. Good luck in all you do.

yea thats awesome! there was someone else on these forums that got accepted to nyu without an interview too and they dont know why either

thank you guys. i am very excited to go next year and i wish you all the best of luck too. (=

Hopefully, I too will receive an acceptance soon. And receiving an acceptance letter without having attended an interview would be ideal. You end up saving so much money by not booking a airline ticket, not to mention hotel, food, cab, and all other miscellaneous expenses.

And as for the dude who had a 2.9 in undergrad and invested most of his time in 'beer and money'...wasn't undergrad a friggin blast?
:laugh: Too bad its not too funny when I think back, as my chances of matriculating this year are getting narrower by the day... :( F'k!!!

Here's my stats (I didn't think I would get in, and then I beat the crap out of the DAT):

GPA: Overall - 2.98; BCP: 3.10
DAT: Academic - 26; T. Science - 30; PAT - 17

brycethefatty said:
Here's my stats (I didn't think I would get in, and then I beat the crap out of the DAT):

Are you kidding me? Props to you if that is indeed your score. Apparently you got all of the science questions correct. What schools did you get in to?

those are awesome scores!! before you, i didn't even think a 30 was possible. d=

bigbevo34 said:
Are you kidding me? Props to you if that is indeed your score. Apparently you got all of the science questions correct. What schools did you get in to?

I got into UOP, Arizona, Case Western. I got interviews at UCLA, UCSF, and Tufts too, but UOP was my first choice all along so when I got accepted (and they gave me a little bit of scholarship money, which suprised me because I didn't know they did that as a private school) I sent my deposit immediately. I was a little surprised I got all the science questions right, but I didn't think they were really that hard. The hard part for me was the PAT and math.

bigbevo34 said:

I didn't apply to any of the major schools (i.e. Harvard, Washington, Columbia, etc.) because my GPA was so low I didn't think I had a chance.

brycethefatty said:

I call BS on this one :). I really doubt you got 30's across the board on the sciences. Although I agree the questions are not that difficult, I still think you would atleast miss one question somewhere! Lets see a scan of your score card, hehe sorry I had to call you out before someone else did :smuggrin:

Yes getting all science questions right is a little hard to believe, yet not impossible. My friend got a 30 on QR which boosted his AA to like 25. So what did you do to study for the DAT Mr. 30? Take the Kaplan course? Study from textbooks?

Well done 30/30. It would be nice if you share your study strategies.

brycethefatty said:
I got into UOP, Arizona, Case Western. I got interviews at UCLA, UCSF, and Tufts too, but UOP was my first choice all along so when I got accepted (and they gave me a little bit of scholarship money, which suprised me because I didn't know they did that as a private school) I sent my deposit immediately. I was a little surprised I got all the science questions right, but I didn't think they were really that hard. The hard part for me was the PAT and math.

How did you get a scholarship with those low grades?

I got a weak scholarship with a 3.8 and 26 DAT