Undergrad college rigor consideration by podiatry admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tapiocas

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you guys have heard whether or not podiatry admission offices consider the ranking/rigor of the undergraduate university applicants attended when considering a lower sci GPA. For instance, if an applicant attended a top 20 (ranked by US News) university and had a lower GPA than someone who went to a state uni with a higher GPA, would those circumstances be considered by podiatry schools?

Thanks!

When I interviewed at Temple they did tell me they look at large institutions differently than smaller college or CC classes/GPA. How low are we talking?

Reactions: 1 user
Dude we are talking about podiatry here. Lol

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure the only pod schools that actually reject people are DMU and AZPOD.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you guys have heard whether or not podiatry admission offices consider the ranking/rigor of the undergraduate university applicants attended when considering a lower sci GPA. For instance, if an applicant attended a top 20 (ranked by US News) university and had a lower GPA than someone who went to a state uni with a higher GPA, would those circumstances be considered by podiatry schools?

Thanks!

What are your overall and science GPAs and your MCAT score?
The undergrad you went to matters more when applying to MD schools.

When I interviewed at Temple they did tell me they look at large institutions differently than smaller college or CC classes/GPA. How low are we talking?

What are your overall and science GPAs and your MCAT score?
The undergrad you went to matters more when applying to MD schools.

Thanks for all the replies. Currently sci GPA is 2.75, cumulative GPA is 3.0+. Haven't taken the MCAT yet.

If you can get at least a 490 on the MCAT, you might have a chance at Kent or other larger schools, but even then I’m not sure. That 2.75 science GPA worries me, and unless I nailed the mcat with a 500+, I personally wouldn’t apply.

Thanks for all the replies. Currently sci GPA is 2.75, cumulative GPA is 3.0+. Haven't taken the MCAT yet.

I mean you may get accepted somewhere with those GPAs but doesnt mean you should attend. Gotta show you can handle the pod school curriculum

Reactions: 2 users
I mean you may get accepted somewhere with those GPAs but doesnt mean you should attend. Gotta show you can handle the pod school curriculum
I will reiterate this. The hardest thing for pod students is not getting in, it’s staying in.

Reactions: 6 users

I will reiterate this. The hardest thing for pod students is not getting in, it’s staying in.

Will highly recommend these two statements for future readers as well.

Passing is easy. Doing well is hard.

My entering stats were low. It is a grind day in day out.

Reactions: 1 user
What were your stats?

I had around a 3.2 science GPA in undergrad and I barely passed my classes last semester. I had no idea that school would be this hard.

Will highly recommend these two statements for future readers as well.

Passing is easy. Doing well is hard.

My entering stats were low. It is a grind day in day out.

No, nothing matters when applying to podiatry schools. As long as you have >2.9, >490 MCAT and you have the ability to speak you have a 100% chance of being accepted to at least 1 school. Podiatry admissions are such a joke, but also keep into account well known school does not = better students. We have English majors from state schools getting A's and science students from Top 20 Private Colleges already failed out.

No, nothing matters when applying to podiatry schools. As long as you have >2.9, >490 MCAT and you have the ability to speak you have a 100% chance of being accepted to at least 1 school. Podiatry admissions are such a joke, but also keep into account well known school does not = better students. We have English majors from state schools getting A's and science students from Top 20 Private Colleges already failed out.

Which school are you at?

Shes the pod student SDN deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
It's the truth, why waste money on post-bac to get into pod school, if you are already in the running. Just my 2 cents.