Undergraduate Email Signature

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandak

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently have started getting interview invitations for clinical psychology PhD programs. Should I create an email signature to appear more professional when I respond to them? If so, what would I include on it? I am in 3 research labs and I have 2 majors and 2 minors...I don't want to sound pretentious but I also don't want to just put my name and school, unless that's the norm?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't want to sound pretentious but I also don't want to just put my name and school, unless that's the norm?

You hit the nail on the head. I agree w/ above; contact info is the main utility of email signatures IMO. Specific career-wise identifying info can seem pretentious - unless you are making the BIG BUCKS in those labs. Then, perhaps I do really want to remember your name in those identified roles. Otherwise, just give me your cell and main email address. And try not to use your hotlove123@yahoo or hellokitty@gmail account for professional reasons.

Reactions: 1 users