undergraduate grant question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychology 76

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright so I got accepted into a neuropsych internship at a hospital but it is unpaid. Its a great opportunity for me since I want to go into neuropsych but since its unpaid and full time I wouldn't make much money this summer which I will need for tuition next semester. I've been asking around websites in regards for grants I could recieve but does anyone have any advice for other places to look? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Alright so I got accepted into a neuropsych internship at a hospital but it is unpaid. Its a great opportunity for me since I want to go into neuropsych but since its unpaid and full time I wouldn't make much money this summer which I will need for tuition next semester. I've been asking around websites in regards for grants I could recieve but does anyone have any advice for other places to look? Thank you!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe grants are usually only for those doing research. If your internship doesn't involve research there's a slim chance you'll get a grant. Instead, maybe apply for scholarships. That's probably a better bet and usually the money can be applied toward anything, not just academics.

The only grants I know for undergraduate internships are through your university/college. Have you looked into that? Sometimes they are not well advertised. Perhaps you could get a part time job too?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input, I appreciate. I do have the opportunity for research but its not technically a research position. I have a part time job too but its still going to be cutting it close. I've been emailing state representatives but so far, no luck. People get federal grants for some pretty outlandish things so I was hoping I could get one that is really needed.

i recently remember reading something about a neuropsych fellowship where you, the undergrad/early grad student gets a job in a neuropsych lab doing research for the summer and this foundation gives you a few thousand dollars. i am not sure if it would apply to a hospital internship. i will look for the flyer at my school and report any info i find.

i recently remember reading something about a neuropsych fellowship where you, the undergrad/early grad student gets a job in a neuropsych lab doing research for the summer and this foundation gives you a few thousand dollars. i am not sure if it would apply to a hospital internship. i will look for the flyer at my school and report any info i find.

That would be awesome, thank you!

I'd also try looking through the APA's Neuropsych Division: http://www.div40.org/

I haven't looked through it myself, but possibly it will have info, or you can contact people who are more invested in the proliferation of neuropsych study.