Uneven MCAT score-general section cutoff?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

working123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
This is a super quick question but I recently got my MCAT score back and got a 514 which I was elated to receive.

The distribution was evenly uneven, if that makes sense, scoring 130/127/130/127. I clearly did better in the sciences than the other half so I wanted to know if this was ok?

I'm not planning to apply to any top 20 schools so I just wanted to know if my 127s are good to go for low tiers/state school? I live in IL btw.

Thank you!
You will be fine. 127 is roughly a 10 on the old test. so 12/10/12/10 . Good balanced score. I had a 126 on one of my sections and have been doing ok.

Reactions: 1 user
This is a super quick question but I recently got my MCAT score back and got a 514 which I was elated to receive.

The distribution was evenly uneven, if that makes sense, scoring 130/127/130/127. I clearly did better in the sciences than the other half so I wanted to know if this was ok?

I'm not planning to apply to any top 20 schools so I just wanted to know if my 127s are good to go for low tiers/state school? I live in IL btw.

Thank you!

Unbalanced refers to 125 or lower in a subsection. A 127 = 10, so it's a balanced score, and you're fine.