University of Alabama (UAB) Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: University of Alabama (UAB) Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants!

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

I received an interview yesterday afternoon and I’m an OOS applicant

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview yesterday afternoon and I’m an OOS applicant
Congratulations! Did you receive a confirmation email specifying your application was complete after submitting the supplemental application and fee?

I submitted my supplemental application 2-3 weeks ago but the status hasn't changed and is at received/awaiting additional information. I have all my info submitted. Anyone else in the same boat?

did it just change recently?
Nope! It’s been at that for a while I just messed up when I first sent the message. It’s been saying under review for about two/three weeks. It changed right after they emailed and said they received my supplemental and my app was complete about two weeks ago.

Interview #1

School: UAB

Notification Date: 07/8/22

Method of notification: Email

Residency: IS

AADSAS mail out date: 06/25/22

App Complete Date: 06/30/22

GPA (science, overall): 3.51 science 3.70 overall

DAT: 21 AA 20 TS 17 PAT

Interview date: August 8

Method: In-person

Members don't see this ad :)
On the supplemental it asked your highest ACT score and I don’t remember what I got at all lol, what would you guys do in this instance? It makes you put an answer can’t leave it blank

On the supplemental it asked your highest ACT score and I don’t remember what I got at all lol, what would you guys do in this instance? It makes you put an answer can’t leave it blank
I wouldn't guess your ACT lol. Try reaching out to your undergrad admissions office to see if you can get ahold of your file, your ACT score should be there. Otherwise, I would try to log into your ACT portal if you can. But I wouldn't guess the score since that wouldn't look good to admissions if they found out. Otherwise, you could simply call and explain your situation, I'm sure they would be reasonable about it.

I feel sorry for those who never took the ACT at all. Aside from contacting the ACT office I would check admissions to see if you can leave it blank or if they have suggestions.

Hi everyone! I wanted to know from anyone who has already attended the interview and meet and greet, what did you wear for the meet and greet. They said on the phone it was casual, but I didn't want to seem underdressed. Did you wear a blazer and button up, or just a nice blouse for the meet and greet?

Hi everyone! I wanted to know from anyone who has already attended the interview and meet and greet, what did you wear for the meet and greet. They said on the phone it was casual, but I didn't want to seem underdressed. Did you wear a blazer and button up, or just a nice blouse for the meet and greet?
I was wondering the same!

Has anyone interviewed here yet? Just wondering how the day went and what questions were asked!

Has anyone interviewed here yet? Just wondering how the day went and what questions were asked!
there is a luncheon. Your interviews are either in the morning or afternoon (2 interviews, each with 2-3 people interviewing you). Very welcoming/chill interview. Don't stress and look over questions on SDN

Does anyone know when they will announce student acceptance or being waitlisted?

How's everyone feeling about decision day? When do you think they would call? Previous years look like December 15th, and then more a month later. Thoughts?

On decision day, Ms. Wendy Scripps said Dr. McKenzie will begin calling at 9 am in whichever time zone you are in.

OOS applicant. Got my acceptance call at 9:06 EST.

Good luck to everyone!

Anyone know how the wait list works at UAB?
If I had to guess, I would say that they choose from the waitlist as if it is a roster. I would think that if I was in their shoes, I would pick the next best candidate that stood out to me that just didn't make the first cut. For instance, I think of it as if a starting quarterback can't play, then the second-string quarter back will get a chance.

If I had to guess, I would say that they choose from the waitlist as if it is a roster. I would think that if I was in their shoes, I would pick the next best candidate that stood out to me that just didn't make the first cut. For instance, I think of it as if a starting quarterback can't play, then the second-string quarter back will get a chance.
Yeah. Most places have a ranking system for their waitlisted applicants. Hard to say exactly what they do since it’s mostly kept private. But I’d imagine it’s ranked and they just go down the list for in state and OOS applicants.

Do you think there is more movement on the IS waitlist or OOS waitlist? The email said they release offers in multiple phases.

Do you think there is more movement on the IS waitlist or OOS waitlist? The email said they release offers in multiple phases.
I dont know if this is really helpful but I just turned down an acceptance OOS so maybe there will be movement soon on the OOS waitlist!

I dont know if this is really helpful but I just turned down an acceptance OOS so maybe there will be movement soon on the OOS waitlist!
That is helpful—thank you. I am IS, but it’s nice to hear from others. Congrats too!!!

Hi! Is there a Facebook or GroupMe set up for accepted students yet?

Is there a Facebook or GroupMe set up for accepted students? If not do we just start one?

Does anyone know if they will continue to interview to fill open spots? Can you be waitlisted without an interview?