University of Colorado Skaggs C/O 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

delly234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone waiting to hear back from this school. They received my application on 10/7 and I've submitted my supplemental application but I haven't gotten anything back. If anyone else has applied to this school before, how long did it take for you to get a response?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I was early decision, but they received my application mid-August, I received an interview invite mid September, and interviewed on October 14.

CU received my application 9/21, invited for interview 10/5, interviewing 11/4.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was the last question on the supplemental application supposed to be an essay??.... I answered it in a couple of sentences but now that I'm thinking about it I feel like I was supposed to write a formal essay....

Was the last question on the supplemental application supposed to be an essay??.... I answered it in a couple of sentences but now that I'm thinking about it I feel like I was supposed to write a formal essay....
I answered it in a couple of sentences as well.

I just wrote a couple of sentences.

when did you submit your application?

I submitted both PharmCAS and secondary application on 9/10. Univ of Colorado stated my application as complete on 9/12. Received interview invite via email on 10/05. I selected the 11/18 date for the interview

Accepted 10/21! Hope to see you guys there!

I'm a current student at the University of Colorado. I have been very involved in extracurriculars and I have been here long enough that I have seen how awful this program is. Coming here was a mistake, and I don't want younger students to make the same one I have. I am here to offer guidance and answer any questions. I am likely seeking a transfer to another program despite having to graduate a year later doing so. Yes, the program really has been that bad to me. I want to warn students that the interview makes the school seem fantastic, but the administration is absolutely awful and does not listen to students.

I feel this way because of the following:

The administration is extremely unprofessional and I have heard of several cases of discriminatory-like behavior towards students with pregnancies, disabilities, and others. It's been going on for years and the same teachers have been involved. The administration never provides a scheduled syllabus more than a week in advance of the semester. Even when they do provide a syllabus, teachers often don't even follow it. Surprise quizzes and homework are often added to syllabi without notice, quizzes and exams will cover topics you have learned less than 24 hours prior. Also, recorded lectures are added to the posted class schedule without notice. The administration has also implemented a new testing service called "Proctorio". The testing service is mandatory and the legality of its execution is questionable regarding its P2,P3, and P4 students. There have already been at least 2 students this year who have withdrawn because of it. Likely at least 4 by the end of this year considering that I will likely need to withdraw because of it as will someone else I know. The administration doesn't care that it is causing students to withdraw. In fact, the person you would talk to is actually married to the associate dean that implemented it; one of a few major conflicts of interest the school allows to occur. We even have some students that can't use the testing program because they have eye problems. The administration won't allow him/her to take a paper or pencil exam. The school's actual response to this was "This is the way we're doing things now." Additionally, all the cool stuff they tell you that you will do with inter-professional students is all smoke and mirrors. With the inter-professional students, you will solely read fluff papers about ethics and things about "conflicts of interest" etc. that the school itself clearly doesn't follow. Last little detail, the professors have horrible grammar. If you and 1/3rd of the class can't understand what a short answer question is asking because its horribly written, don't expect clarification, credit, or for it to be thrown out. Also, cheating is extremely rampant here and professors don't re-write their exams. So I guess the bright side is, if you are willing to sell your soul, you can still do very well in this program by making friends with older students (or even graduated ones) who will literally drop your exams in your lap.

Additionally, and a very important detail. The school is ridiculously obsessed with scaring students to not cheat. To put into perspective, if Proctorio malfunctions and you get kicked out of your exam (and this happens enough because the software stinks) then you will be unable to go back and review your exam. You will solely get to look at your exam answers that you didn't answer yet because the school assumes that you were looking up the answers during the time when your exam stopped working. And if you decide to write your answers on scrap paper until the last second in order to avoid this from happening, the school assumes you are writing down the answers to give to another student. Also, many students are afraid to provide study guides and notes because the school sometimes views it as cheating. The school provided tutors can't even provide you notes or they can be fired.

Sadly, this is only the most important points of everything wrong with this program. There's a lot more I'd be willing to discuss if people ask. Does anyone have any questions about anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also want to say to everyone applying, congratulations to those that got interviews! That's really exciting!

I interviewed 11/18. Does anyone have an idea of how long it's going to hear back from CU about acceptance or not?

I interviewed 11/18. Does anyone have an idea of how long it's going to hear back from CU about acceptance or not?
I interviewed on the 18th and got accepted this morning!

The interview for me was pretty laid back! There was an one on one interview, group activity, campus tour, and a lunch with current students. It was a long day, so wear comfortable shoes and get a good nights sleep before. The campus is great and the people were all very friendly!

Does anyone know if a Facebook page has been made for accepted students?

I also interviewed last Friday and got my acceptance today!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 1 users
I was at the dec 2 interview as well and was accepted. excited to meet you all in the fall!

Reactions: 3 users
I was accepted also....but also have other interviews in January with better ranked programs. The 1,000 deposit seems rather high for this school and they only give you two weeks for the deposit? Thoughts on other people in this predicament?

I was accepted also....but also have other interviews in January with better ranked programs. The 1,000 deposit seems rather high for this school and they only give you two weeks for the deposit? Thoughts on other people in this predicament?
It depends for each person. If you're in a decent financial position, then paying the deposit probably isn't a bad choice. But if you have high stats and think that you'll get an acceptance to another school, then don't waste your money! If CU is a top choice, then pay it. It comes down to how high on your list is CU and how much of a risk you're willing to take

Any tips for finding safe, affordable housing near campus??

ya... I've heard great things about 21 fitz... but they are so expensive if you don't have a roommate! and I don't know anyone around there yet!

I'm looking at 21 fitz also but it's only a reasonable cost if I get a 2 bedroom and split rent Hopefully there will be a housing page made for accepted students

Yeah I'm in the same position. The 1 bed is too expensive. I wish they'd create a Facebook page soon

Reactions: 1 users
I'm looking at 21 fitz also but it's only a reasonable cost if I get a 2 bedroom and split rent Hopefully there will be a housing page made for accepted students
Same! Im looking for someone to room with because I can't afford the 1 bedroom.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah I'm in the same position. The 1 bed is too expensive. I wish they'd create a Facebook page soon
Maybe we should start a FB page... Are we allowed to do that?

Hey guys! I've been super curious if anyone could tell me the timeline of their application process? I'm a regular admission applicant and they got my application about one week ago, and the advisor told me I'll have someone contact me soon to make sure my prerequisites are correct. Just a little anxious to hear back and was wondering how long it takes! :)

Hello again everyone,
For those that are looking to come here who are looking for housing, I have heard great things about 21 Fitzsimmons and Griffis Fitzsimmons South. People looking for roommates, don't worry about it, you will have no problem once more people get accepted and commit to come here. I personally have friends who cannot stop talking about how great 21 Fitzsimmons is and it is the closest building to campus, I would highly recommend it. Also, if you can find a student that currently lives there, you'll get a good discount.

That said, I would like to offer some updates concerning what has happened regarding the new testing policies so that students can decide for themselves whether they would like to attend this school or not.

As I mentioned earlier, we had a student who had difficulty seeing their exams on the computer and the school was refusing to accommodate her. They proceeded through all of the avenues and they actually ended up dropping out of their current class because the school refused to accommodate them. We also had a number of students who were called into the Dean's office for "Ethics Violations". I put quotes around that because the students weren't doing anything wrong. Basically, administration didn't know how to remedy our cheating problem, so instead they hoped that scaring students would suffice. Students were forced to sit down with the Dean and other entities and were told that they were flagged by proctorio as being "highly suspicious" and that adminstration suspected that they were "sharing information". They were told if they didn't stop acting suspicious then they would be put in front of the ethics committee in the future and could face dismissal from the program. Such suspicious behaviours included: mumbling the question to themself, not using the correct size paper, not scanning the ceiling, and others.

Maybe coming from someone online, this doesn't sound too trustworthy, but I assure you that the students called in were the most honest in our class. Some of them were even student ambassadors.

Additionally, the school used to offer 36 hour testing windows, but now they are only offering a 4 hour testing window. Students were already livid with the proctorio changes, but faculty UNANIMOUSLY struck down this proposal. Dean Altiere overruled it and less than a business day before the semester starts and we still don't have our exam schedules. That's not to mention that this new adjustment is once again going to put strain on the students receiving accommodations because that 4 hour window is their entire testing time (and that's with providing the GENEROUS assumption that no technical errors occur).

Incoming P1s, I want to urge you to think about this before you decide to come here: This school is doing shady stuff and will not honor their contract to you. Do you trust an administration like this with a blank check? Transferring pharmacy schools is near impossible! Do you want to take the chance that the school you pay thousands of dollars a year to could lose their accreditation status? This is not an exaggeration. This school is breaking the law and is facing incoming lawsuits up the gazoo.

My best advice to you is to talk to students that aren't ambassadors. Students at our school are soo unhappy that our school has to pay the ambassadors to say good things about our school. No other school has to do that.

Buyer Beware. I wish you the best of luck with your decision!

Hi all! Congrats on your acceptances! You will love CU and their dedication to its students and progressing the field.

Anyway, I'm a P3 currently subleasing a room and attached garage in 3bd apt at Lowry Park anytime between May 15 - Oct 1 for $800 per month (rent + utilities). Large 17'x11' room with bay windows and walk-in closet, shared bath, garage included, common rooms fully furnished. Also selling bedroom furniture if needed! Living with 2 current 3rd year pharmacy student girls who will be on rotations at that time, so plenty of privacy. Area is maintained nicely, quiet area with access to 2mile recreational trail.
I can email pics of interested, or if you have questions about the school in general ([email protected]) More apt amenities can be found on http://www.lowryparkapartments.com/

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone have any insight into when we might hear back for march interview dates? Also wondering how they award merit scholarships...anyone know if they're awarded with your admission offer or do you have to apply later? It wasn't super clear at interview day! Thanks!!!

Anyone have any insight into when we might hear back for march interview dates? Also wondering how they award merit scholarships...anyone know if they're awarded with your admission offer or do you have to apply later? It wasn't super clear at interview day! Thanks!!!
I was sent an email about a month after being accepted and accepting the admission offer that gave me information about the scholarship that I was awarded.

I was sent an email about a month after being accepted and accepting the admission offer that gave me information about the scholarship that I was awarded.
Thanks! I heard back today! Anybody else?!

Hey my interview is on 4/7. I am excited yet kinda nervous because the interview schedule seems long.
Would any of you be able to share what is going to happen on the interview day?