University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BadgerPharm

Tender Loving Medication
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought it was time for a 2016 thread instead of using the 2015 thread...

Accepted an interview today for October 14th. Haven't been to Colorado before so I'm kind of excited, but bummed that I'll only be able to be there for a few days.

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted an interview today for October 14th. Haven't been to Colorado before so I'm kind of excited, but bummed that I'll only be able to be there for a few days.

do you mind sharing your stats plz ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck guys! Hope I can meet some of you soon! :)

do you mind sharing your stats plz ?
My stats are really nothing too impressive. I was rather surprised that I received an invite to interview being out of state and all.

I had no clue what I wanted to do for a career throughout undergrad and I didn't decide to pursue pharmacy until my second to last semester before graduating. As you can see my grades suffered due to my lack of direction, and after making the decision I greatly improved my grade trend.

GPA: 2.76 (approximately 3.4 over last 60 credits in mostly upper level science courses)
PCAT: Applied with 74 composite. Retook 9/14 and scored 96 so they will eventually be receiving the updated score (hopefully its enough to outweigh my subpar GPA).
Degree: BS-Genetics
Experience: Tech @ Walgreens for almost 2.5 years. 120+ hours of volunteering over a span of about 1.5 years with the university's hospital pharmacy services.

Just as an aside, my class is approximately 50% out of staters... & half of those are probably from California :p

Also, remember to review the curriculum before the interview!

Just as an aside, my class is approximately 50% out of staters... & half of those are probably from California :p

Also, remember to review the curriculum before the interview!
Thanks for the info. I saw on the PharmCAS page that they allow half of the class to be from out of state, but I didn't think that they actually admitted that many. However, it looks like they still have the 2010 entering class stats on the UC Denver page.

Are you a Colorado resident?

Do a search on about this school. Half of my classmates do not like the program.

My stats are really nothing too impressive. I was rather surprised that I received an invite to interview being out of state and all.

I had no clue what I wanted to do for a career throughout undergrad and I didn't decide to pursue pharmacy until my second to last semester before graduating. As you can see my grades suffered due to my lack of direction, and after making the decision I greatly improved my grade trend.

GPA: 2.76 (approximately 3.4 over last 60 credits in mostly upper level science courses)
PCAT: Applied with 74 composite. Retook 9/14 and scored 96 so they will eventually be receiving the updated score (hopefully its enough to outweigh my subpar GPA).
Degree: BS-Genetics
Experience: Tech @ Walgreens for almost 2.5 years. 120+ hours of volunteering over a span of about 1.5 years with the university's hospital pharmacy services.

good job on the pcats!
I have a ~3.3 gpa but my first pcat attempt was so low :( im retaking it this monday and hopefully i'll hear from them soon. Right now i've only gotten the coursework check list email from Sarah, was that also what you got before the interview invite ?

thanks!

Care to elaborate on what they don't like? Seeing that you posted on multiple threads I'm assuming you also do not like the program.

good job on the pcats!
I have a ~3.3 gpa but my first pcat attempt was so low :( im retaking it this monday and hopefully i'll hear from them soon. Right now i've only gotten the coursework check list email from Sarah, was that also what you got before the interview invite ?

thanks!
Thanks.

Yes, I received the course work checklist first, and several weeks later I got the invite. When did you submit your application? I submitted mine like 8/12 for PharmCAS and about a week later with the supplemental. I think I may be interviewing with the early decision bunch, but not sure.

^ wow you're super early i didn't submit my supp app until early sept. good luck and let us know how your interview goes

I am scheduled for an October 7 interview (early decision)... I had a 3.8 GPA with a 90 PCAT. Colorado resident!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wasn't a CO resident, actually from CA myself lol. & it really is pretty true that about 50% end up being from out of state.

Personally, I like the program, but maybe that's just me. To each their own I guess :)

I am scheduled for an October 7 interview (early decision)... I had a 3.8 GPA with a 90 PCAT. Colorado resident!
Awesome. Let us know how the interview goes! Your GPA and PCAT certainly are good.

I just got an invite!! I think i am going to the Oct. 21 interview date. Is there anyone else interviewing the 21? Looking forward to meeting some of you!

I just got an invite!! I think i am going to the Oct. 21 interview date. Is there anyone else interviewing the 21? Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Congrats! When did you submit your pharmcas and supplemental? and what are you stats?

Thanks! I submitted Pharmcas and supplementals Sept. 1. It was weird. I got an email saying supplementals were not received, then I called them to correct the issue and I received the checklist email, and then I received the invite email all on the same day. My cGPA= 4.3 and PCAT = 1600....jk 3.2 and 79...=(

Thanks! I submitted Pharmcas and supplementals Sept. 1. It was weird. I got an email saying supplementals were not received, then I called them to correct the issue and I received the checklist email, and then I received the invite email all on the same day. My cGPA= 4.3 and PCAT = 1600....jk 3.2 and 79...=(

Nice! Good luck on the interview. Try had received my Complete app yesterday and also sent me a confirmation email and a course checklist email. I'm hoping I get an invite soon. Kinda hate to wait

Nice! Good luck on the interview. Try had received my Complete app yesterday and also sent me a confirmation email and a course checklist email. I'm hoping I get an invite soon. Kinda hate to wait
I'm sure you'll be hearing from them soon. Good luck to you too!

Just received an invite for the 28th! Is anyone else going on that date? Really excited because I have heard nothing but good things about the school (well, except for the hater above).

Just received an invite for the 28th! Is anyone else going on that date? Really excited because I have heard nothing but good things about the school (well, except for the hater above).

Congratulations! Please let us know how your interview goes and your thoughts on the school.

Thank you so much! I will definitely tell you how it goes...and good luck with all of your applications as well!

hey guys

applying this cycle for the school. i was contacted with an english oral proficiency exam. has anybody taken the exam? also, anybody know if this will put you back for consideration until you've passed the exam? they scheduled me for late next week.

hey guys

applying this cycle for the school. i was contacted with an english oral proficiency exam. has anybody taken the exam? also, anybody know if this will put you back for consideration until you've passed the exam? they scheduled me for late next week.

i just had it an hour ago. it wasn't too bad. she'll basically ask you or engage you about any topic. we talked about from weather, traveling, technology, the latest movie i saw, among other things. i think its purpose is to make sure that you know how to communicate and see you conversation skills.

i just had it an hour ago. it wasn't too bad. she'll basically ask you or engage you about any topic. we talked about from weather, traveling, technology, the latest movie i saw, among other things. i think its purpose is to make sure that you know how to communicate and see you conversation skills.

thanks!! i'll be sure to find something to talk about. they said it would last 30 mins or so, so hopefully it won't be too bad!

Good luck to those interviewing tomorrow! Please feel free to fill all of us here in on your experience.

Hey Sparkly- what the average age of your class?

I was accepted there but decided 11 yrs of CO was enough; it is a state-preferred school but the P2 class is 47% CA (lets face it, in CO, when you say 'out-of-state', we all know you're from cali)

Uhhh I don't know the accurate statistic for that but from what I can gauge... I would say around 23-25 is where the majority of the class is. There's a few (~5) people who are 21, and like ~5 over 30. The rest basically lie somewhere in their twenties.

& it's pretty true.. the majority of the class is either CA or CO... with random sprinklings of other states.

Any suggestions on what to bring or what to expect on the interview date or any suggestions, mine's on Friday.

Dude, that was stressful! She asked me to talk about why the average score for SATs have been steadily declining recently. Then she asked about the theme of the most recent movie that I watched and how it applies to American society. :( Didn't do so well but still passed LOL.

How long after the "english competency phone call" did people have to wait until an invite for interview?

I just scheduled my interview for that day! I'm so nervous. This is going to be my first real interview :scared:

Can any current residents provide info about what it's like living in Aurora? I know one pharmacist who graduated from Colorado and she said there's not much to do and it's pretty boring (which really helps you focus on your school work :p).

I've just accepted an interview for the November 4th interview date. Pretty excited for it.

I just scheduled my interview for that day! I'm so nervous. This is going to be my first real interview :scared:

Can any current residents provide info about what it's like living in Aurora? I know one pharmacist who graduated from Colorado and she said there's not much to do and it's pretty boring (which really helps you focus on your school work :p).

Hey, I've not been to Aurora, but I talked to a current student there during that APHA pharmacy school online chat thing, and she seemed to be enjoying it a lot. Denver isn't too far away and I've heard it's a pretty cool city from her as well as others who have been/lived there.

Congrats on your interview, good luck!

How long after the "english competency phone call" did people have to wait until an invite for interview?

i got an interview invite 3-4 days after taking the oral proficiency.

Congrats! :) It's going to be my first interview so far also...I wish I had other schools to practice on first!

Good luck on your interview this Friday!!

it took 10 days for me...so i guess some get it faster and some get it slower...

Yay! Just got my interview invite--2 days after my oral proficiency exam. :D

Dude, that was stressful! She asked me to talk about why the average score for SATs have been steadily declining recently. Then she asked about the theme of the most recent movie that I watched and how it applies to American society. :( Didn't do so well but still passed LOL.

yeah, i got the last question she asked was to describe the latest movie I have seen. We talked a lot about travelling, and my family background. She also asked what are the effects of technology to the study habit of kids today. i wouldn't know how to answer that SAT question if she had asked me that, haha.

Has anybody else submitted a request for a waiver of their time limit on prereqs? I'm curious if any current students successfully applied for and received this waiver. I'm completely screwed if I don't, seeing as all of my chemistry and most of my biology prereqs were taken in 2004-2005.

Hey everyone! Goodluck with your interviews and I'm sure you all will do great! I'm a current P1 so if anyone has any questions for me, just let me know! I love the University of Colorado and I'm SO happy I decided to come here (over Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc.) and I know everyone has their own opinions, but I love it here :thumbup: Just make sure you weigh out the pros and cons of every school you apply and get accepted to and I'm sure everything will work out :rolleyes:

Did the school call under a block number for the English competency/oral exam?

Just out of curiosity, is the school still telling interviewees and P1s that there is a pharmacist shortage? If so, don't believe it. I graduated 5 months ago and have gone back to IT. I have a useless degree that cost me $100K+.

Just out of curiosity, is the school still telling interviewees and P1s that there is a pharmacist shortage? If so, don't believe it. I graduated 5 months ago and have gone back to IT. I have a useless degree that cost me $100K+.

twester,

They told us that Denver and Colorado are pretty saturated markets, but that there are a lot of other options if you plan to live somewhere else when you're done with school. Are you still living in Denver and what companies did you apply to work for?