University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For the people that interviewed before 10/21, I interviewed the 21st and they said they were sending out acceptances that day for the previous interviews so be sure to check your mail this week!

Members don't see this ad.

For the people that interviewed before 10/21, I interviewed the 21st and they said they were sending out acceptances that day for the previous interviews so be sure to check your mail this week!

How was your interview?? Do you have any tips for us interviewing later? :)

Members don't see this ad :)
They said they sent out acceptances that day? That makes me sorta anxious...

It wasn't just the early decisions that went out?

When I interviewed there were about 25 people. To be honest, it is a very relaxed interview day, so like many others have stated before, the best advice is to just be yourself and try to be social. The interview is one-on-one with one faculty member, unlike last years interview which had one faculty member and a community pharmacist for the interview and it is pretty painless. My interview ended up being 40 minutes long instead of 20 because we were basically just having a conversation and I ended up being late for my essay...haha. Everyone one on campus including faculty and students are super nice and the campus is pretty amazing so just try and have a good time.

They said they sent out acceptances that day? That makes me sorta anxious...

It wasn't just the early decisions that went out?

She just said that they were probably going to send out acceptances that day, but sometime soon for the previous interviews, so they said we will find out as soon as 1-2 weeks after the interview date or as late as April. I'm not really sure if she meant early decisions or not, but have faith!

When I interviewed there were about 25 people. To be honest, it is a very relaxed interview day, so like many others have stated before, the best advice is to just be yourself and try to be social. The interview is one-on-one with one faculty member, unlike last years interview which had one faculty member and a community pharmacist for the interview and it is pretty painless. My interview ended up being 40 minutes long instead of 20 because we were basically just having a conversation and I ended up being late for my essay...haha. Everyone one on campus including faculty and students are super nice and the campus is pretty amazing so just try and have a good time.

It must depend on the circumstances because I certainly had a faculty member as well as a practicing pharmacist. Most of the other people that interviewed on the same day as me had two interviewers as well.

It must depend on the circumstances because I certainly had a faculty member as well as a practicing pharmacist. Most of the other people that interviewed on the same day as me had two interviewers as well.
Oh really? It was weird because our tour guides were saying that we would have 2 interviewers and just told us to make sure we acknowledge both interviewers during the interview, but everyone that day only had one. I guess its just dependent on the pharmacist's availability.

She just said that they were probably going to send out acceptances that day, but sometime soon for the previous interviews, so they said we will find out as soon as 1-2 weeks after the interview date or as late as April. I'm not really sure if she meant early decisions or not, but have faith!

Thanks. :xf:

I was hoping that they would receive my most recent PCAT scores before any decisions went out, but I guess that won't be the case.

Oh really? It was weird because our tour guides were saying that we would have 2 interviewers and just told us to make sure we acknowledge both interviewers during the interview, but everyone that day only had one. I guess its just dependent on the pharmacist's availability.

It wasn't really stressful having the additional interviewer. It just became a little difficult trying to acknowledge both of them when one of them would have their head down writing.

I can't imagine it's easy lining up pharmacists for every interview date, though.

Thank you to you both!! Yes, it's definitely my first choice and I was an early decision applicant. So if you're regular decision and still waiting I really wouldn't worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you to you both!! Yes, it's definitely my first choice and I was an early decision applicant. So if you're regular decision and still waiting I really wouldn't worry about it.

Awesome! hopefully we'll be classmates! Are you from Colorado?

Thanks for the advice! I hope the one on 10/28 is one interviewer...for some reason, having more interviewers makes me more nervous!

I received my acceptance yesterday! So relieved...

Congrats!! :)

For those of you guys who interviewed already, was the interview open or closed file? As in, did the interviewers already have a chance to read your personal statement/LOR or no? Were there specific personal questions that they asked based off of reading your file? Thanks!

For those of you guys who interviewed already, was the interview open or closed file? As in, did the interviewers already have a chance to read your personal statement/LOR or no? Were there specific personal questions that they asked based off of reading your file? Thanks!

It's closed file, so they know absolutely nothing about you besides your name.

Hey everyone! Goodluck with your interviews and I'm sure you all will do great! I'm a current P1 so if anyone has any questions for me, just let me know! I love the University of Colorado and I'm SO happy I decided to come here (over Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, etc.) and I know everyone has their own opinions, but I love it here :thumbup: Just make sure you weigh out the pros and cons of every school you apply and get accepted to and I'm sure everything will work out :rolleyes:

What state are you from. r u an in-state student?

Yes, that would be awesome! :) So CU-Denver is your first choice? And yes, born and raised in Colorado, and I recently moved to Denver.
It wasn't before the interview, but I think now it is. It literally is a 100 grand difference in loans between Colorado and UOP if you factor in the difference between tuition and living expenses, and although I would love to stay in California, I don't want to be in debt forever either...lol

Congrats to those of you accepted! If you guys don't mind, can you input your thoughts about the interview in the feedback survey? It would help the rest of us out a lot! Thanks!

YEAHH!! Congradulations! I guess they really did mail them out on Friday.
Thanks! The AC must have met Friday and emailed the early decision applicants right away, leaving the admitted regular applicants to be notified today. Just my guess.

Congrats to those of you accepted! If you guys don't mind, can you input your thoughts about the interview in the feedback survey? It would help the rest of us out a lot! Thanks!

Done. Hopefully it helps with your interview!

CONGRATS!!! :) You must be so relieved! Is this your top choice school?
Thanks! It's not my #1 (UW-Madison), but definitely in my top 3. It's such a relief knowing that no matter what happens after this I know I'll be starting a pharmD program next fall!

Dude, that was stressful! She asked me to talk about why the average score for SATs have been steadily declining recently. Then she asked about the theme of the most recent movie that I watched and how it applies to American society. :( Didn't do so well but still passed LOL.

I got an interview on 11/18! Yay!!!!
Any recommendations for hotels?
Where are you guys staying?

I stayed at the cambria suites....they give free shuttle service to/from airport and school, rooms are amazing, I highly recommend staying there.

Congrats! If you look in the interview confirmation email, they actually gave us a list of hotels they recommend. However, I asked about the discount that they gave and it's cheaper to book on expedia. I booked at the comfort inn because that it has shuttle services too. My interview is next week, and I'll let you guys know how it goes!

I stayed at the Springhill Suites by Marriott and it was literally right across the street..REALLY nice rooms, free internet, free breakfast, and incredibly nice staff! I think I booked and it was 69-79 dollars.

Hey guys, congrats to those that got in! I just got my Sept pcat scores (first time taking) How long will it take for the school to receive them? Does anyone know how often they send out email for interviews? thanks

Thanks everyone! Definitely attending, looking forward to meeting all of you!

I am interviewing on the 11th. I am really excited. I have had 5 interview offers and still waiting on some (I think I applied to too many schools). But why did you guys pick Colorado?!

I am interviewing on the 11th. I am really excited. I have had 5 interview offers and still waiting on some (I think I applied to too many schools). But why did you guys pick Colorado?!

Just out of curiosity, what schools did you apply for and what're you stats? I applied to 15 but I don't think I will be following up with some of them too.

Just out of curiosity, what schools did you apply for and what're you stats? I applied to 15 but I don't think I will be following up with some of them too.

Not as good as you. 84 pcat and 3.2 gpa
I applied to
Hawaii-interview sch
Michigan- interview sch
Colorado- interview sch
MW IL- interview sch
MW AZ- interview sch
Drake- waiting
UNC-CH- waiting
Ferris- waiting
Wayne- waiting

What about you? What's your top pick?

Not as good as you. 84 pcat and 3.2 gpa
I applied to
Hawaii-interview sch
Michigan- interview sch
Colorado- interview sch
MW IL- interview sch
MW AZ- interview sch
Drake- waiting
UNC-CH- waiting
Ferris- waiting
Wayne- waiting

What about you? What's your top pick?

Oh wow! you'll be going all over the US then! Exciting! I submitted PharmCAS in mid September, so just to give you an idea of where I am in apps.

Applied to: California- UCSF, UCSD, USC, UOP, Western U, Torou, Northstate
I haven't started on my supps for Torou and Northstate
Interviews for Colorado and SUNY scheduled. Interview offered from Temple, but that isn't a top choice so I'm thinking about not following through with that.
Waiting: OSU, UW, University of Maryland, University of Iowa
I'm missing a Soc/Behavioral Science class for MW Chicago so I'm pulling out of that one too...even though I finished all my essays for the supp. Heh.

Top picks are in California since I'm from California. Though I will seriously consider OSU, UW and University of Maryland if I get in over UOP, Western, Torou and Northstate. GAH! Don't know! Too early in the game still!

And that's all 15!

Studying up for Colorado interviews! So excited for Friday!

Oh wow! you'll be going all over the US then! Exciting! I submitted PharmCAS in mid September, so just to give you an idea of where I am in apps.

Applied to: California- UCSF, UCSD, USC, UOP, Western U, Torou, Northstate
I haven't started on my supps for Torou and Northstate
Interviews for Colorado and SUNY scheduled. Interview offered from Temple, but that isn't a top choice so I'm thinking about not following through with that.
Waiting: OSU, UW, University of Maryland, University of Iowa
I'm missing a Soc/Behavioral Science class for MW Chicago so I'm pulling out of that one too...even though I finished all my essays for the supp. Heh.

Top picks are in California since I'm from California. Though I will seriously consider OSU, UW and University of Maryland if I get in over UOP, Western, Torou and Northstate. GAH! Don't know! Too early in the game still!

And that's all 15!

Studying up for Colorado interviews! So excited for Friday!

Let me know how it goes!! Good luck!

CONGRATS to those who have already been accepted and good luck to those interviewing on Friday! Let me know if you have any questions! :)

It seems like they give decisions on Mondays? If so, I have 3 more painful days to wait!

BTW, did anyone on this thread go to the October 28th interview? I thought all the other applicants were AWESOME :)

It seems like they give decisions on Mondays? If so, I have 3 more painful days to wait!

BTW, did anyone on this thread go to the October 28th interview? I thought all the other applicants were AWESOME :)
Yep. Of the three people (I think only three) that have shared their acceptances in this thread, two of them were notified on Mondays, myself being one of them. Now that they are done with early decision (I believe) it may take a little longer to hear back, but for your sake hopefully not. I'm just surmising. If you hear back on Monday I will stand corrected. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I was just wondering if anybody here had any info about the essay we write during the interview? I'm interviewing tomorrow so i was just wondering :D good luck to everyone else interviewing tomorrow too!

Yep. Of the three people (I think only three) that have shared their acceptances in this thread, two of them were notified on Mondays, myself being one of them. Now that they are done with early decision (I believe) it may take a little longer to hear back, but for your sake hopefully not. I'm just surmising. If you hear back on Monday I will stand corrected. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thank you!!! I'm crossing my fingers for me as well!! I really hope I find out sooner than later...however, I know notifications can take months (my poor nerves...)

Hopefully there isn't too much of a delay, since our group was around 14 I think.