University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

What is the first letter of your last name? Wondering if it is random or alphabetical order. Thank you!!
Its J, but one of my friends whos last name starts with an A got her call at 2 pm last cycle so idk if thats how it works

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
guys theres still hope i got my call at 2:00 and I live on the east coast

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if they are done making calls at this point? what should i expect if i havent heard anything at all :(

Got waitlisted. When should I send out a letter of interest/intent for the school? Tomorrow? In a month? In 2 months?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Please share how many dental schools have accepted you on Dental Decision Day. Have you accepted the offer from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Dentistry for the Class of 2028 (D1)? Please share your thoughts. Thank you so much, and I wish you a wonderful day!

Withdrew and won't be attending january interview, good luck everyone!

I was accepted on the 15th. Does anyone here have any advice on how I can contact someone that currently goes to UDM? I have some questions

• Love
Does the portal show three deposits for everyone? I think we only have to submit the $1500 one right?

Facebook page for class of 2028

I read in an another thread that it helps to be a Muslim to get admission into this school. Are there too many Muslims in the admissions/interview committee??

idk bout this one!! i think its relative to the population. california schools have more east asians, southern schools have more black students, makes sense that detroit wud have alot of muslims.

i am muslim and was rejected last week

I read in an another thread that it helps to be a Muslim to get admission into this school. Are there too many Muslims in the admissions/interview committee??
I am familiar with UDM. I don’t think there are many people on the committee that are Muslim or that they have a preference for Muslim students. It has more to do with the area. Dearborn which is right outside of Detroit had the largest population of Muslims in the US.

If you don't mind can I ask you your stats?
If you don't mind can I ask you your stats
Overall GPA: 3.4
Science GPA: 3.3
DAT score:
- 19AA/20TS
State of Residence: FL

Shadowing Experience: 240 hours with GD
Volunteering Experience: 120 hours
Employment: 600 hours as a food service employee, 128 dental office aid, 300 dental assistant (endodontics)
Research: none
Certifications/training: certified dental assistant, dental radiographer license, HIPPA compliance certified, CPR certified
LOR: 2 from science professors, 1 from GD

I was told my personal statement was good and I knew my professors very well so I'm assuming they were good LOR. I sent a letter of interest updating my work hours and volunteer hours.

Wondering this too. Has the weightlist moved at all? Also does anyone know how large Detroit's waitlist usually is?
UDM waitlist is traditionally very large, but moves more than other schools...

Just a quick question I am on the waiting list, and since it's already mid-February,. Do I still have a chance of getting an acceptance? I am a non-traditional student. Should I start preparing for the next cycle? My stats are 3.72 GPA, 19AA, and 19TS.