University of Illinois at chicago dental program 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hey guys. i got interview for August 10 Th too, any interview experince to share ? because i knew there are people who already interviewed these days, please, we need help here..what to read ,what they asked ...what are the kind of clinical cases ?

Members don't see this ad.

I got an IV for aug 10 too:)
I had a question for u guys.. If a student gets accepted in this school, does anyone have any clue how much money you need to put down when you accept the schools offer and start the program. Like UCO asked $2000 something, how much u think for UCI..

Please do put in ur inputs as I need to make plans:)
Hi, please share your stats with us, it ll be help full for all of us waiting for that single iv e mail. and also when did you apply. Thankyou.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys. i got interview for August 10 Th too, any interview experince to share ? because i knew there are people who already interviewed these days, please, we need help here..what to read ,what they asked ...what are the kind of clinical cases ?
Hi, please share your stats with us, it ll be help full for all of us waiting for that single iv e mail. and also when did you apply. Thankyou.

While preparing for interview, I am just curious about my answering time.
If I am asked "Tell me about yourself",how many minutes of my answering do interviewers expect? 2 minutes? 3 minutes?

the "tell me about yourself" question usually is just to make the candidate feel more at ease and more comfortable. it's less of what you say or how long you speak, but more of how you say it. they're looking for self-confidence and a good grasp of the English language. so instead of worrying about 2-3 minutes, try practicing in front of a mirror (and noting the visual cues your body language/gestures are giving) or practice talking with a friend.

ps : i'd say anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute would be fine. 3 minutes is a Long Time. i doubt for ANY question ull be speaking for 3 minutes without the interviewer talking. try taking a stopwatch and timing yourself while you talk about yourself.

the "tell me about yourself" question usually is just to make the candidate feel more at ease and more comfortable. it's less of what you say or how long you speak, but more of how you say it. they're looking for self-confidence and a good grasp of the English language. so instead of worrying about 2-3 minutes, try practicing in front of a mirror (and noting the visual cues your body language/gestures are giving) or practice talking with a friend.

ps : i'd say anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute would be fine. 3 minutes is a Long Time. i doubt for ANY question ull be speaking for 3 minutes without the interviewer talking. try taking a stopwatch and timing yourself while you talk about yourself.

Thank you for your comment.:)
It's a good idea of practicing in front of a mirror.

hey guys ..i got application completion email on july 6th...i am really worried that will they consider me for this cycle. they asked me for some missing documents on 30 june and i send them on the same day. i originally send my application in mid june... plzzzzz help me :confused::confused:
Hi I am really hopeless now. Like You, I got my email confirmation of application complete on july 6th. Whereas, I sent my caapid application longtime ago on may 19th and supplemental on june 6th.I got a call from Miss Espinosa that my money order could not be accepted for cash, then I sent online application fee instantly. After few days, I learned they require mark sheets from university other than my dental school transcripts. Then, I sent it again. On june 26th they sent me en email that I am missing toefl score. I was surprised and called ETS to confirm whether they sent my official score to UIC or not.They confirmed me that they already sent it to them. finally i called them on june 30th what exactly wrong with this. After 10 minutes in telephone conversation they realized that my toefl score was in their hand. Now, I think my interview was over I would not be call for any interview further.After all these happening, I had a hunch that they were trying to get rid of me, because I keep applying there for IDDP.
I have been with sdn since 2008, still did not get any school for AP and never wrote this way. I don't know what is my fault.

Finally..most awaited IV letter..it will be on 8th august..thank you god..thank you all..!!
Congrats! you deserve it. Wish you the best luck on your interview.

hi guys !
can some one please help me here with this question?

wen given a chance for interview , does UIC give us any options for date selection or it is just one day and time, when you hav to be there?
or
we can choose a date for interview and select accordingly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally..most awaited IV letter..it will be on 8th august..thank you god..thank you all..!!

hi... congrats ! hope u do good on interview...

wer u given any choice of dates for the interview or just one single date and time , u hav to respond by saying yes or no?

Guys anyone having interview on July 29, 2011 ??? Lets get in touch!!!

hi guys !
can some one please help me here with this question?

wen given a chance for interview , does UIC give us any options for date selection or it is just one day and time, when you hav to be there?
or
we can choose a date for interview and select accordingly?

They give just one day and time for an IV, but you can change it if you are not available on the day.

for all the sudden ...no activities in this thread ?!!!! i only need to know what kind of questions they ask so we can prepare by ourselves....

for all the sudden ...no activities in this thread ?!!!! i only need to know what kind of questions they ask so we can prepare by ourselves....

Guys!! We need help!! Share ur experiences.

wer u given any choice of dates for the interview or just one single date and time , u hav to respond by saying yes or no?

My interview date was July 25th. I changed it to August 15th. Is there anyone for August 15th?

I understand why other guys who already had an IV at UIC keep quiet since we all are competitors in this race. Who could blame them? However, there are always people who are trying to give some help even to their rivals.

I could get some information on personal questions that we could be asked at an IV from someone in this thread.(Thanks again for giving me this precious information.;))

He/She told me that interviewer asked how to know about UIC, the difference of Dentistry in your home country and in the U.S., and your US experience.

I hope this will help people who are preparing for coming IV like me.

Any input from those who already finished IV at UIC will be appreciated.

they will give you date & time..(only one date & time)..you have to reply back to confirm..!!

Endosma...: i understand ur anger..but as you said..we are competitors...so wateve we discuss on thread,we have to go alone in the end..so be calm..be cool.be relaxed...its just an IV...they will ask just general Q..nothing else..so just be urself..okay...good luck to all who were interviewed..& who will be interviewed..!!

Endosma...: i understand ur anger..but as you said..we are competitors...so wateve we discuss on thread,we have to go alone in the end..so be calm..be cool.be relaxed...its just an IV...they will ask just general Q..nothing else..so just be urself..okay...good luck to all who were interviewed..& who will be interviewed..!!

No,no,no...I don't have any anger at all. Don't get me wrong. Did I write something in a mad tone?:confused: Not at all!
I just want to answer eastfreak's thread and share some tips of IV getting from someone.

it is a standardized interview guys. meaning everyone gets the exact same questions. regardless if your interview was in july or if its a month later in august. its pretty unfair to ask what questions are being asked. what i Can say is that read the interview email again, because its highly informative as to what to study.

Please dont be worried about the general questions. those questions are just there to let You the candidate feel relaxed and warm up. pretty much who are you, why UIC, what are ur plans, any experience? stuff like that. nothing major.

I'm more than willing to help people, but in this case it isn't helping as much as 'cheating' if I tell u what the standardized questions were. It has nothing to do with not wanting to help my colleagues, as we are all in this together and all in the same tension.

My advice is to study what you can (again read the interview email again. it pretty much sums it up beautifully), and then be confident in your interview. Even if you mess up questions, you should show ur confidence and that u belong in the program. Best of luck guys!

thank you guys for the replies.
and wish you all good luck.....! peace.......... !enjoy :)

thanks everybody for this help. and good luck for everyone.
one question is there a bench exam in uic?

Guys stop sending me pm msgs!!
When I was trying to ask abt any info for the IVs,no one bother himself answering me, no one even told me I can't answer because it is the same Qs or anything,and now u guys wanna me answer u just like that!!!?? Is it fair?

Even though I won't be mean like u guys
Because the director and the other dr know everything, they have enough experience to distinguish bet good and mean ppls, god knows too

They are asking the same Qs every year, so guys bother urself a little bit and find the old Qs, work on ur IV instead of just laying down and send private msgs only when u need help!

hi friends...are there any more interview calls left or this is it...do we have any hopes??approaximately how many interview calls have been given so far??any idea?

hi friends...are there any more interview calls left or this is it...do we have any hopes??approaximately how many interview calls have been given so far??any idea?

I think August 18th will be the last interview call, that doesn't mean that I have been invited for interview on that day, it's just that I got this news from a very authentic source. I hope that helps.

I think August 18th will be the last interview call, that doesn't mean that I have been invited for interview on that day, it's just that I got this news from a very authentic source. I hope that helps.

thanx for the reply though..

it is a standardized interview guys. meaning everyone gets the exact same questions. regardless if your interview was in july or if its a month later in august. its pretty unfair to ask what questions are being asked. what i Can say is that read the interview email again, because its highly informative as to what to study.

Please dont be worried about the general questions. those questions are just there to let You the candidate feel relaxed and warm up. pretty much who are you, why UIC, what are ur plans, any experience? stuff like that. nothing major.

I'm more than willing to help people, but in this case it isn't helping as much as 'cheating' if I tell u what the standardized questions were. It has nothing to do with not wanting to help my colleagues, as we are all in this together and all in the same tension.

My advice is to study what you can (again read the interview email again. it pretty much sums it up beautifully), and then be confident in your interview. Even if you mess up questions, you should show ur confidence and that u belong in the program. Best of luck guys!

Very well said amreki.Like what u said.This is the best possible answer to all those confused curious guys.

anyone have iv after aug10th...that was the last date i heard..

Guys wats the situation??..did ne1 get acceptance..??or everyone will get one in september only??

r they still sending interview calls or done with it ...i am still waiting :confused::confused:

I actually asked when they would send out acceptances. The answer I was given by the 2 interviewers was that they would first interview everyone (around 100 people). They have a ranking system which places everyone ranked from 1st to last, and then they send out invitations. They said earliest acceptance would be in october.

I thought that was quite surprising as I had thought it was rolling admissions. Anyway, thats just what I was told and I thought i'd share.

I actually asked when they would send out acceptances. The answer I was given by the 2 interviewers was that they would first interview everyone (around 100 people). They have a ranking system which places everyone ranked from 1st to last, and then they send out invitations. They said earliest acceptance would be in october.

I thought that was quite surprising as I had thought it was rolling admissions. Anyway, thats just what I was told and I thought i'd share.

thanks..i guess this thread is slow but when ppl will get acceptance , we can see more news on thread..neway..good luck with IVs..

To be fair to myself and other people who interviewed I will not go into details of the interview but I can say everyone is really nice even the faculty interviewing you. It's my first interview, not sure how I did, but I loved the school and hope I get in. They said will interview 99 people and choose 36. No notifications until all done, we should hear back in October :-(
there were 6 of us yesterday. I talked to some of the people there and it seems they are not on sdn, so the numbers on this forum does not reflect everyone called.
Good luck everyone

@imani
are thr more invitations coming up? Did u get to know abt ths?

Guys anyone having interview on July 29, 2011 ??? Lets get in touch!!!
Hi, kindly share your stats with us, so that it ll be helpfull to all those who are still wating for the iv. As well kindly mension when did you apply. Thankyou.

My interview date was July 25th. I changed it to August 15th. Is there anyone for August 15th?
Hi, kindly share ur stats with us, so that it ll be helpfull for all those who r still waiting fo rthe iv. As well kindly mension when did u apply.

To be fair to myself and other people who interviewed I will not go into details of the interview but I can say everyone is really nice even the faculty interviewing you. It's my first interview, not sure how I did, but I loved the school and hope I get in. They said will interview 99 people and choose 36. No notifications until all done, we should hear back in October :-(
there were 6 of us yesterday. I talked to some of the people there and it seems they are not on sdn, so the numbers on this forum does not reflect everyone called.
Good luck everyone
please what did sdn meas? thank u