University of Minnesota Medical School Class of 2023 Accepted Student Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which Campus(es) did you apply to?

• Duluth

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Twin Cities

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Both

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clint Westwood

Reaction score
Hey y'all!

Congratulations on your interview/acceptance to the UMN Medical School Class of 2023! I just wanted to start this thread so people can start to get to know one another and help get some questions answered along the way!

I currently live in the Twin Cities, so if anyone is planning on moving out here or has questions about the University of Minnesota I would be more than willing to answer any questions you might have!

Ski-U-Mah!
Clint Westwood

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yo i got accepted, from Cali. I wanna know how the social life is in Minneapolis cause I just hear giant snow blizzards cover minneapolis daily. Also would want to know where the best places to live at are! Thanks

Yo i got accepted, from Cali. I wanna know how the social life is in Minneapolis cause I just hear giant snow blizzards cover minneapolis daily. Also would want to know where the best places to live at are! Thanks

Minneapolis has a really great social scene. Tons of breweries and distilleries, some great music venues. The twin cities also has great food and a lot of restaurants for almost every type cuisine (Mexican and BBQ are a bit lacking imo though).

As far as places to live.. most med students live really close to campus their first year, but my advice would be to look in Northeast Minneapolis or Uptown. You get a little bit of separation from school and there’s way more to do, and it’s still only 2-3 miles from campus. The area around campus is overrun with undergrads and overpriced “luxury” apartments.

I’ve lived in NE, Uptown, and St Paul, so feel free to reach out with any more specific questions.

Congrats on your acceptance!