University of New England Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also, I've decided I want to live farther out from Portland. I've read that downtown isn't that amazing to live at and to be much more cautious from the renters off craigslist who will charge you fees underneath the rent like garbage disposal fee, washer and dryer hookup fee, etc. and it's probably not a great idea to live completely alone with the "safety" of downtown portland. Just my personal preference as a female.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/portland-area/

If you use the http://www.apartmentratings.com/ website, pick an apartment and click the tab "Safety" which will pull up a radius of sex offenders.
Bay Back Towers is on Cumberland Ave in downtown portland
http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/ME-Portland-Back-Bay-Tower-Safety.html

24 registered sex offenders in .25 miles; 82 in 1 mile.

So... if anyone wants to share an apartment with me out at Liberty Commons, let me know.
http://www.homeproperties.com/apart...rtments/tabid/90/cid/152/maid/79/Default.aspx

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just got accepted for University of Hawaii at Hilo. I already put $ 2000 deposit for New England University. I love the weather at Hawaii, but I also like the UNE. I am confused between 2. Can anyone give me some advice?

Perhaps some helpful questions...?

• Which school offers the best financial aid package?
  • Which school has the better curriculum that best suits you and your goals?
  • Which school offers you the best individual attention you need to succeed?
  • Which school is accredited?
  • Which school offers the best environment (social)?

Good luck in your decision, no matter what, it'll be good :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted for University of Hawaii at Hilo. I already put $ 2000 deposit for New England University. I love the weather at Hawaii, but I also like the UNE. I am confused between 2. Can anyone give me some advice?
Hawaii is a little expensive. It's very cheap if you can somehow obtain HI residency. I heard the only option is to marry someone. Other than that you have to pay out of state tuition for 4 years. It rains 200/365 days in Hilo, the greenest island lol. Hilo would be a very nice place to study since you can go scuba diving on your day off. It's however also the poorest island in the HI island system. You should make a list about the 2 school like Jkong said to see which one fits you better. Hilo is accredited this year right? Good luck!

Last edited:
Has anyone from the waiting list heard anything back yet? I talked to Isaac and he said students will be pulled up until the 3rd week of august. When does orientation and classes start?

Has anyone from the waiting list heard anything back yet? I talked to Isaac and he said students will be pulled up until the 3rd week of august. When does orientation and classes start?
Hey fellow 2/18 candidate, where do you live? it seems like many cali students get in first... did you get accepted to any other schools? Isaac wont tell me how I rank on the waitlist... I hope you get in!

Hey fellow 2/18 candidate, where do you live? it seems like many cali students get in first... did you get accepted to any other schools? Isaac wont tell me how I rank on the waitlist... I hope you get in!
I got same answer from Isaac. I guess we just have to wait for that phone call.

I got same answer from Isaac. I guess we just have to wait for that phone call.
yeah it sucks that they told us 100 seats, and 200 interviews, then gave 300 interviews... I was depressed when they didnt accept me, but a accredited college accepted me, so Im all good lol. They kind of made me felt like crap. I did well on the interview as well. The writing was hard, my friend with a 3.8 and decent pcat scores got waitlist as well, but got into a better school with a 3 year program. So Im wondering... why arent they accepting me or my friend? if they accepted me back in feb I would have payed the 30,000$ tuition in full. o well, I gave up hope on this college, what's meant to be will come to you; good luck to everyone esle! :)

Orientation starts Aug 29-30. Classes Start Aug 31.

Hawaii is a little expensive. It's very cheap if you can somehow obtain HI residency. I heard the only option is to marry someone. Other than that you have to pay out of state tuition for 4 years. It rains 200/365 days in Hilo, the greenest island lol. Hilo would be a very nice place to study since you can go scuba diving on your day off. It's however also the poorest island in the HI island system. You should make a list about the 2 school like Jkong said to see which one fits you better. Hilo is accredited this year right? Good luck!

Goodluck in your decision Trong

Heads up to anyone still looking for housing, UNE's off campus housing just posted a bunch of listings up. This is the month for housing!

White Ceremony Info!
http://une.edu/pharmacy/students/whitecoat.cfm

Saturday, October 15, 2011 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm

Will the student be receiving an invitation?
Yes, a formal invitation will be sent to each student by mid-August. Students may bring guests with them to celebrate this special occasion. We ask though that the student return the response card with the number of guests that will be attending either by mailing the card, or by calling 207-221-4158 or by e-mail to [email protected]