University of Queensland SOM inbound elective question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liquidmosaic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would love to hear from anyone who has successfully applied to the University of Queensland to undertake an inbound clinical elective at one of their teaching hospitals. I submitted my application 6 weeks ago (on the day that applications opened) and have not yet heard back. Am getting worried that I might not be successful, which would be disappointing given that I am from Brisbane originally and really hoping to get back there to experience the study of medicine in Australia and spend time with family.

Does it usually take a long time for the electives office to respond to applications (and hence I shouldn't be too concerned about not hearing from them yet?) Are these inbound electives extremely competitive for overseas students? Is there anything I can do to increase my chances of success now or on reapplication? Any advice would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

No idea on the answers to your questions, but there's no harm in giving them a call to see how your application is going.

Thanks pitman, i tried emailing them but maybe a quick phone call is not such a bad idea.