Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To all, I got an e-mail today saying that there are no more seats and they don't expect any more to open up.
I received the same email :(

I got an email from OTCAS today saying that I didn't submit the required documents to enable them to review my application. But I don't know what they're talking about. I don't think I'm missing anything and I spoke to Aimee countless times before this and she never mentioned to me that I was missing anything. Was this the email you guys received too?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This is part of the email -

I sincerely wish we could offer you a space in the incoming class; however, At this time our program has reached capacity and we do not foresee space becoming available for the summer 2015 start term.

Nothing about me missing any documents.

I didn't get an email so I'm not sure what that means. I'm sorry for those who did :( maybe I will get the same one tomorrow

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got that email today too! ): Now I'm just banking on one school that I haven't heard back from yet.

eh I don't believe that spots won't open up. I know of a lot of people holding on to 2+ seats right now because they are still deciding or waiting to hear from another school.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't get any email like that surprisingly. Maybe they will send more out as such tomorrow. :(

Has anyone gotten in contact with Aimee? To see if they are sending out more emails?

Update: some of the emails didn't go through I was supposed to receive that email as well. So I would call and check with her

I got an email from OTCAS today saying that I didn't submit the required documents to enable them to review my application. But I don't know what they're talking about. I don't think I'm missing anything and I spoke to Aimee countless times before this and she never mentioned to me that I was missing anything. Was this the email you guys received too?
I received that same email yesterday and I was confused because my supplemental app was in since November 12th.

I got the same email about no more seats too :( nothing about required documents not being received though.

I got the same email today. Usciences off the list. Now I just have the midwesterns and Seton hall left. But I lost hope for Midwesterns. :(
Seton hall seems to competitive, anybody prepared to reapply this cycle?

I got the same email today. Usciences off the list. Now I just have the midwesterns and Seton hall left. But I lost hope for Midwesterns. :(
Seton hall seems to competitive, anybody prepared to reapply this cycle?
I really wanted to start this year so I'm applying right now for the assistant programs. I'm all out of schools so that's my next step is the assistant

I called Aimee today and she said that was a mistake, there were no documents missing, but there are no more seats available and the waitlist is quite extensive. :( I'm really bummed too. She also said that there thinking about not making it rolling admissions anymore! Crappp.. I think I'm going to just try and do an OTA program for now too and still apply for next yr at u sciences..

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you still apply for assistant programs starting next fall (or this summer)? I haven't looked into that option, but I am losing hope for getting into a masters program this year...

Has anyone attended Accepted Student Day at Usciences?

Can you still apply for assistant programs starting next fall (or this summer)? I haven't looked into that option, but I am losing hope for getting into a masters program this year...
Yes you can! There are some still taking for the fall

I can't find if there's a current thread for USciences...but does anyone know when prerequisites need to be complete by? I can't find it on their website.

I can't find if there's a current thread for USciences...but does anyone know when prerequisites need to be complete by? I can't find it on their website.

I'm not sure of the date, but I do know classes start late May, so probably before then.

I had a concern about this also. I am taking two prerequisites in the spring so I emailed Aimee and she said they can still move forward with my applocation.

I just got told by Aimee that I was wait-listed and I need to revise my supplemental essay. Any tips, what did you write about why you want to go to USciences. I am in a funny position since I have worked there for 10 years and will work will I got to school, so my short answer is that it is cheaper and more convenient than anywhere else, but that was not good enough. My personal statement was fine, just the USciences specific part.
thanks,

I just got told by Aimee that I was wait-listed and I need to revise my supplemental essay. Any tips, what did you write about why you want to go to USciences. I am in a funny position since I have worked there for 10 years and will work will I got to school, so my short answer is that it is cheaper and more convenient than anywhere else, but that was not good enough. My personal statement was fine, just the USciences specific part.
thanks,

I would guess it wasn't good enough because it doesn't really show that you know anything about their program and what makes USciences different/appealing (beyond being "convenient"). Maybe do more research on their OT program. When you write a new draft, have someone read it to give input. But obviously it needs to come from you, so I doubt anyone here will tell you what they wrote about.

thanks,
Just curious about when you submitted your application. I submitted mine on November 20th and have not yet heard from them!

thanks,

When did you submit your application? I submitted my supplemental back in November and haven't heard anything at all....

Just curious about when you submitted your application. I submitted mine on November 20th and have not yet heard from them!

I submitted my application early November and haven't heard anything back yet. What other schools are you waiting on?

I submitted my application early November and haven't heard anything back yet. What other schools are you waiting on?
I'm waiting on a few. Temple, Jefferson, Murphy Deming, U of Sciences, and WSSU. What about you?

I'm waiting on a few. Temple, Jefferson, Murphy Deming, U of Sciences, and WSSU. What about you?

I am waiting on Davenport Univ (Michigan), Touro Univ (Nevada), Abilene Christian University (Texas), & U of Sciences. I wonder when we'll hear something... Because I read from one of these post that they heard back about re writing their supplemental (might be this thread actually haha)

i heard back from U Sciences back at the end of november about my acceptance so you guys should hear back soon!

i heard back from U Sciences back at the end of november about my acceptance so you guys should hear back soon!

When did you submit your supplemental application? Are you going to attend U of Sciences?

Anyone else hear back from U of Sciences for the 2016 cycle??

Anyone else hear back from U of Sciences for the 2016 cycle??
I haven't heard anything yet I submitted my supplemental app dec 1st and was told that I would get a decision by late January.

I haven't heard anything yet I submitted my supplemental app dec 1st and was told that I would get a decision by late January.
I submitted my supplemental application Dec 2, So I guess I should hear back by late January as well. I actually appreciate schools that send out rejection letters and atleast notify on time instead of creating false hope. But the truth about University of the Sciences is that they have a whole lot of applications and as far as I know they are still reviewing November applications. :(

I submitted my supplemental application Dec 2, So I guess I should hear back by late January as well. I actually appreciate schools that send out rejection letters and atleast notify on time instead of creating false hope. But the truth about University of the Sciences is that they have a whole lot of applications and as far as I know they are still reviewing November applications. :(
Well our time to find out will eventually come! Hopefully that time will be soon.

Well our time to find out will eventually come! Hopefully that time will be soon.

If you guys dont mind me asking what State are you all from? I submitted my supp back in November also.

So I called today to check on the status and she said I will know a decision within the next 2-3 weeks.

I just got accepted into the program today! I already put down a deposit at NSU, and now have to make a decision between the 2 schools. I live close to Philly so I would be able to commute, but I do not know much about the program either. Their website is quite vague, Amy said that I will receive an acceptance packet in the mail and I plan to go check it out, but any information about the program would be greatly appreciated.

I just got accepted into the program today! I already put down a deposit at NSU, and now have to make a decision between the 2 schools. I live close to Philly so I would be able to commute, but I do not know much about the program either. Their website is quite vague, Amy said that I will receive an acceptance packet in the mail and I plan to go check it out, but any information about the program would be greatly appreciated.
Congratulations on your acceptance!! When did you submit your supplemental application? I'm still waiting to hear back

Congratulations on your acceptance!! When did you submit your supplemental application? I'm still waiting to hear back
I'm not sure the exact date, I'll have to look when I get to a computer. I want to say middle to end of October though !

Othopeful92, when did you submit your supplemental application? I submitted 11/21 and I still haven't heard back...

Othopeful92, when did you submit your supplemental application? I submitted 11/21 and I still haven't heard back...
I actually submitted my supplemental the same day! Haha. I emailed Aimee on 1/4 to verify that my application is complete and she said it is in the queue to be reviewed but I didn't want to be too pushy and ask for when I should have a decision. Hopefully we hear from them soon!

Does anyone know the cost of USciences' MOT program? I calculated the tuition myself, but I'm not sure if I am using the correct information. It looks like it will be $98,020 for the 2.5 years of normal tuition. Then $1,560 per credit for the summer semesters (it looks like 17 summer credits in total) which would be an additional $26,520. This all adds up to $112,040! And that's deducting the $12,500 in grants. I'm kinda freaking out about paying that much in tuition especially since I am from the west coast and will have to be paying living expenses as well.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the cost of USciences' MOT program? I calculated the tuition myself, but I'm not sure if I am using the correct information. It looks like it will be $98,020 for the 2.5 years of normal tuition. Then $1,560 per credit for the summer semesters (in the most updated catalog online from like 2012, it looks like 17 summer credits in total) which would be an additional $26,520. This all adds up to $112,040! And that's deducting the $12,500 in grants. I'm kinda freaking out about paying that much in tuition especially since I am from the west coast and will have to be paying living expenses as well.
I emailed Aimee about tuition cost and this is what she e-mailed me back. Hope that helps!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 76
Does anyone know why this program is so expensive? It is the only program I have heard from right now and if its the only one I'm accepted to I plan to attend, but it just seems so costly in comparison to the rest I applied to.

Reactions: 1 users
I was accepted to the Doctorate program today; however, I regret applying for the OTD since Ohio officially decided the doctorate won't be necessary. The program is STUPID expensive, and just knowing how much debt I would be in prevented me from even being excited about my first acceptance ☹️ I'm not sure what to do, though I have a feeling I'll have to decline...