University of Tennessee c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

16TPFA06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I checked and there wasn't a thread for the University of Tennessee at Memphis/ Knoxville so here goes. Best wishes to all during this application cycle! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 9/29. There was a problem with my PCAT scores arriving, so I have spoken to admissions, but have not received any answer :scared:
It's killing me waiting to hear from them, i've been checking my e-mails like every 10 minutes.

I interviewed on 9/29. There was a problem with my PCAT scores arriving, so I have spoken to admissions, but have not received any answer :scared:
It's killing me waiting to hear from them, i've been checking my e-mails like every 10 minutes.

Well, i just got my acceptance call :rolleyes:

I am applying there too but I have not sent my Pharmcas. Am I too late?

the deadline is february 1st i think, so you should be okay. just get it in as soon as you can since they do rolling admissions!

i got an interview invite today, and i was wondering if anyone knew if there was a certain date by which we had to tell them we could make it? is a week too long? i'm waiting to hear back from a school, and want to save money on a flight if possible

I interview on the 30th and i have somehow lost my email. I am panic because i cant remember the address or exact time we need to be there. Can anyone help me out. I am interviewing in Knoxville

I interview on the 30th and i have somehow lost my email. I am panic because i cant remember the address or exact time we need to be there. Can anyone help me out. I am interviewing in Knoxville

I PM'ed you a copy of the interview invitation they sent me. Good luck on wednesday!

I interviewed at the Knoxville campus today, and I recieved a phone call informing me that I was accepted about two and a half hours after I left the interview :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a phone call letting me know I was accepted!

For those that interviewed, what kind of picture did you guys bring? Did you take it yourself or got it made from one of those passport picture place. Thank you

For those that interviewed, what kind of picture did you guys bring? Did you take it yourself or got it made from one of those passport picture place. Thank you

I don't think it is really necessary to go have a professional picture taken, just bring a nice personal picture of yourself. My interviewer told me that each interviewer has to interview 4 people per day, and the pictures are mainly used to help them keep faces matched up with names. Good luck with your interview! :thumbup:

I don't think it is really necessary to go have a professional picture taken, just bring a nice personal picture of yourself. My interviewer told me that each interviewer has to interview 4 people per day, and the pictures are mainly used to help them keep faces matched up with names. Good luck with your interview! :thumbup:

Thanks. Do you know if the interview is open or close file?

Thanks. Do you know if the interview is open or close file?

For the interview itself, the people speaking with you do not have your GPA/coursework/PCAT scores; they do have everything else from your PharmCAS application, however (references, work experience, personal statement, etc.). At the end of the interview, you are given the chance to explain any problems with your academic record at the end of the interview, which will be considered later by the admissions committee (i.e. you had mono, a death in the family, etc. one semester).

The three most important factors in the committee's decision are GPA, PCAT score, and interview performance, in that order. There are other factors that are considered, as well, but the way I interpreted it was that those three are the biggest considerations.

For those who interviewed at ut memphis, how long does it take for ut to tell you if you are accepted or denied?

First, more than likely you will not be denied unless your app. is just awful, just put into the pool. They will let you know if you got accepted that evening, or they will take and review your app each time they have interviews.... Hope this helps and good luck

Hello all UT accepted and hopefuls! I interviewed in Knoxville on 2/17. I was not immediately accepted (low science GPA); I am in 'the pool' as they call it. I believe they have two more interview dates. Good luck everyone and congratulations to those already accepted!