University of Tennessee c/o 2023 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So, I had sent an email to admissions to confirm all of my materials a couple weeks back (right before the first interview invites went out) and I just received a response this morning saying that everything was received and to let them know if I have any other questions. I'm pretty sure this means they haven't finished sending out invites (my opinion...I could be wrong) because if they had sent out all invites already it would have made more sense for them to respond to my email with a rejection or just not at all. This gave me a little more hope so I figured I would pass it along!
Well I’m glad you got a response, that does sound positive! I have emailed like 3 times now with no response about which biochem to take.

Members don't see this ad.

Well I’m glad you got a response, that does sound positive! I have emailed like 3 times now with no response about which biochem to take.

Phone is much better than email. You’ll get an immediate response.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yup I can only imagine how many emails they get. Phone call will work much better!
I know I just so rarely have the time to call since I’m either working or in school and don’t have time to wait on hold :drowning:

Call Deborah at UTK. She is who I talked to about biochemistry. She even told me over the phone that email is the WORST way to reach her. The number on UTK's website for Deborah is her direct line and it was super easy and was very helpful.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an email today, saying they are still reviewing applications. Hope is still out there!

Hopefully we hear something soon!

I hadn't heard anything from UT except that they verified my application payment way back. So I called last week and the admissions said that it was taking longer than they expected and were kinda just notifying people as they went along.

With that being said...got an email this afternoon with an invite for an interview! I am OOS.

Reactions: 8 users
With that being said...got an email this afternoon with an invite for an interview! I am OOS.

Congrats!!! Out of curiosity, when did you turn in your app? I'm thinking that if they're notifying people as they went along they're contacting people who submitted first and then working forward chronologically.

Members don't see this ad :)
the admissions said that it was taking longer than they expected and were kinda just notifying people as they went

I hope letters in February don’t do this! I am already counting down the days til we hear about admission. (IS, so already interviewed.) I am DYING with the wait. And it’s about 10.5 weeks until mid February for those that want to know.

Congrats!!! Out of curiosity, when did you turn in your app? I'm thinking that if they're notifying people as they went along they're contacting people who submitted first and then working forward chronologically.
Thank you!! I turned in my VMCAS app maybe four weeks before the deadline and about the same for the supplemental application. They said they should have notified everyone by December 25th!

Admissions told me that they should have notified everyone of something by Dec 25th!

Does anyone know when they will send out rejections or the "next" wave? I'm trying to decide whether I should take a class or not next semester.

Does anyone know when they will send out rejections or the "next" wave? I'm trying to decide whether I should take a class or not next semester.

They told us to expect decisions in February when I interviewed as an IS back in October. Not sure if it's the same for OOS

*edit* if it were me, I'd go ahead and take my classes for next semester.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I still have not heard anything! Starting to get a little worried. anyone else?

Reactions: 8 users
I still have not heard anything! Starting to get a little worried. anyone else?

Still nothing here! I feel like if we are going to hear anything it will be by today, but looking through some of last years forums there were people that never heard anything from them even by the time the cycle was over lol

Reactions: 2 users
Still nothing here! I feel like if we are going to hear anything it will be by today, but looking through some of last years forums there were people that never heard anything from them even by the time the cycle was over lol

yikes...

I don't remember seeing anyone who didn't hear anything at all. In any case, the last couple years they have still been sending out interview invites and rejections up until the first week in January. Keep in mind it's a smaller admissions department than a lot of other schools, and it takes a lot of time to go through the applications.

There were some people last year who did not make the first cut for interviews and their applications were still under review until March. They did eventually hear back though, as far as I know.

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to call and ask about hearback dates? I’ve heard absolutely nothing since the beginning of the school year and I’m dying inside. I want to call so bad but I also don’t want to make anyone angry.

Do you guys think it would be a good idea to call and ask about hearback dates? I’ve heard absolutely nothing since the beginning of the school year and I’m dying inside. I want to call so bad but I also don’t want to make anyone angry.
You're not going to make anyone angry! I think it's totally fair to call for an update.

I called twice and left a message and have not heard anything back yet.

I called a couple weeks ago and what I took from the conversation was that people who wrote a hardship statement are still being reviewed and would be hearing back later. I’m not sure if this applies to all who wrote one. I wrote one so I’m assuming they’re just going through those statements? Has anyone who wrote one heard back yet?

I wrote one and heard back in mid November for an interview on January 18th

I wish they wouls at least send update emails like some of the other schools that are behind

Well just called and it appears as if they are all gone for break until the 2nd so I don’t think we will be hearing anything until after then

Are we supposed to send fall transcripts for UTK? I haven't yet and it just occurred to me that I may need to do so

Are we supposed to send fall transcripts for UTK? I haven't yet and it just occurred to me that I may need to do so

I don’t know if it’s a hard requirement, but I called a few weeks ago with another question and asked about this too and Debrah said to go ahead so I had my fall transcripts sent in last week. I don’t think it affects your app; I think it’s just so they have a record that you’re working on the prereqs.

I just spoke with admissions, and they said that they are still reviewing applications and we should hear back by the end of January

Does that mean that the January 18/19 interview dates are no longer applicable? They have been very disorganized, it would appear.

Does that mean that the January 18/19 interview dates are no longer applicable? They have been very disorganized, it would appear.
They pretty commonly end up adding extra dates. I think they've done it every year for the last three.

I called yesterday and someone called me back today. They said the applications that are taking the longest are those who wrote a disadvantaged statement. So, if you wrote a disadvantaged statement you will hear back later than everyone else.

I called yesterday and someone called me back today. They said the applications that are taking the longest are those who wrote a disadvantaged statement. So, if you wrote a disadvantaged statement you will hear back later than everyone else.

Interesting... I didn’t write one but still haven’t heard anything. Hopefully soon I guess...

Hey everyone, I just gave up my interview offer as I have been accepted and have committed to my number one choice school! I wish everyone luck and hope my interview spot goes to one of y'all who is still waiting to hear some good news!

Reactions: 11 users
Hi everyone!
I'm a second time OOS applicant, and have yet to hear anything from UT! They're timing seems to be way off what it was last year...I just looked and my interview last year was January 11th I believe. It makes me so nervous I still haven't heard anything but I guess they're just going through them in waves? I didn't write a disadvantaged statement.

Hello! I'm an OOS applicant, I hadn't heard anything since applying and I just emailed this morning as I saw on their site they listed Jan 17/18, 2019 for interview dates and received this response:
"Our faculty will hopefully complete the application review process by the end of January, we will send out notifications to all by email and regular mail. If you have any other questions, please let us know."
I just interviewed at my IS school UF this weekend and still waiting to hear back from Penn. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know if the interview is traditional style or MMI?