Mississippi CVM c/o 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tater_Tot

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y’all! Didn’t see a chat going so I thought I’d start one. Just a few more months until apps are due! Getting excited! I’m a third time applicant and second time to Mississippi.

Members don't see this ad.

2nd time app, first to Mississippi! Good luck to everyone :)

Members don't see this ad :)
First time applicant OOS! Very interested in the 2+2 :)

Hi everyone! I was planning on applying to Mississippi this year, however, I just saw this on the VMCAS portal...
"At the time of application and throughout the application process, including matriculation, no grade lower than a C- is acceptable in any required prerequisite course. Remediated and repeated prerequisite courses must be completed before the application is submitted."

I am retaking a class in August that ends in October .. should I not apply here then? :( Help pls

Hi everyone! I was planning on applying to Mississippi this year, however, I just saw this on the VMCAS portal...
"At the time of application and throughout the application process, including matriculation, no grade lower than a C- is acceptable in any required prerequisite course. Remediated and repeated prerequisite courses must be completed before the application is submitted."

I am retaking a class in August that ends in October .. should I not apply here then? :( Help pls
If it's a prerequisite course you're retaking, then no you shouldn't apply. They won't consider your application

If it's a prerequisite course you're retaking, then no you shouldn't apply. They won't consider your application
Even if I got a C+ in the prerequisite but am just retaking it for a better grade? Technically it meets the requirements, so I am in a pickle

Even if I got a C+ in the prerequisite but am just retaking it for a better grade? Technically it meets the requirements, so I am in a pickle
Check with admissions, but as long as your original credit is at least a C you should be able to apply with that first credit. They likely just won't take into consideration the course you are retaking.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Third time IS applicant! Good luck to everyone!

First time OOS. Does anyone know how to make an MSU portal? When I login, all I get is either "no payment required" (since I have paid my supplemental fee) or it just takes me to the regular MSU undergraduate admissions page.

First time OOS. Does anyone know how to make an MSU portal? When I login, all I get is either "no payment required" (since I have paid my supplemental fee) or it just takes me to the regular MSU undergraduate admissions page.
Here try this link!!

Should be the same login! (I had to play around and find the status page and honestly can't remember how I got there because it also was just stuck on the payment screen for me!)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Here try this link!!

Should be the same login! (I had to play around and find the status page and honestly can't remember how I got there because it also was just stuck on the payment screen for me!)
This link was so helpful. Thank you!

Here try this link!!

It worked, thank you!!

Anyone know how their waitlist works? Do they give you a ranking?

Anybody else get an email saying they’ve moved your application on to application review?

Should I be worried if I didn't get anything about application review?

I submitted my application on 9/5, verified on 9/6
Did you check your portal to see if you're missing anything? From my understanding they're still looking through everyone's applications for completion. But it wouldn't hurt to check your MSU portal/email them if you feel like something might be missing/just to double check.

Did you check your portal to see if you're missing anything? From my understanding they're still looking through everyone's applications for completion. But it wouldn't hurt to check your MSU portal/email them if you feel like something might be missing/just to double check.
Theres a check mark by each requirement in my portal, so I don't think I'm missing anything! Hopefully they just haven't gotten to mine yet

Theres a check mark by each requirement in my portal, so I don't think I'm missing anything! Hopefully they just haven't gotten to mine yet
Yeah then I would say they're still just working through it, I think I only got my email like a week or two ago and I submitted back in mid August!

For those of y'all who have been moved to application review, did you get an email letting you know about the status change that included a timeline for this cycle? I got moved to app review but didn't get a status update email like I did last year with a timeline included.

For those of y'all who have been moved to application review, did you get an email letting you know about the status change that included a timeline for this cycle? I got moved to app review but didn't get a status update email like I did last year with a timeline included.
I got an email to notify me and this is what it said:

||

Your application has been forwarded to our Admissions Committee for further evaluation. Updates made to your experiences in VMCAS after this date will not be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

Here’s what you can expect with our timeline moving forward:
  • All applications will be reviewed during the Fall 2023 semester
  • Decisions regarding interviews will be made by late December or early January.
  • All interviews will be held at MSU CVM
    • Not all applicants are invited for interviews, but an interview is required to continue in our admissions process.
    • Our tentative interview week is January 29th – February 2nd. Unfortunately, applicants will not be able to change the interview date they are assigned.
    • All applicants invited for an interview will be invited to a pre-interview event on the evening prior to their interview. This event is not mandatory. However, this event will give applicants the chance to learn more about our college by mixing and mingling with current students and faculty and touring the college. Guests of applicants will be allowed to attend.
    • Applicants invited to interview will be required to attend an orientation the morning of their interview.
  • All admissions decisions will be made by late February or early March.
    • Emails will be sent to each applicant notifying them of a decision, which can be found within their MSU portal.
    • Applicants have until April 15th to accept or decline their position.
  • Applicants that are eligible for the Bardsley scholarship will be notified of their status once the Bardsley scholarship committee meets and makes decisions by late March.
  • All applicants should continue to monitor their emails and MSU portal for any updates and further communications. This will be our primary form of communication with applicants.
||

But there is also a link to the application timeline within your portal! :)

For everyone who has been moved to Application Review are you OOS?

My portal says Academic Review. Not sure if there's a difference between Academic Review and Application Review

can someone share the link for the portal I didnt know there was one

I got an email to notify me and this is what it said:

||

Your application has been forwarded to our Admissions Committee for further evaluation. Updates made to your experiences in VMCAS after this date will not be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

Here’s what you can expect with our timeline moving forward:
  • All applications will be reviewed during the Fall 2023 semester
  • Decisions regarding interviews will be made by late December or early January.
  • All interviews will be held at MSU CVM
    • Not all applicants are invited for interviews, but an interview is required to continue in our admissions process.
    • Our tentative interview week is January 29th – February 2nd. Unfortunately, applicants will not be able to change the interview date they are assigned.
    • All applicants invited for an interview will be invited to a pre-interview event on the evening prior to their interview. This event is not mandatory. However, this event will give applicants the chance to learn more about our college by mixing and mingling with current students and faculty and touring the college. Guests of applicants will be allowed to attend.
    • Applicants invited to interview will be required to attend an orientation the morning of their interview.
  • All admissions decisions will be made by late February or early March.
    • Emails will be sent to each applicant notifying them of a decision, which can be found within their MSU portal.
    • Applicants have until April 15th to accept or decline their position.
  • Applicants that are eligible for the Bardsley scholarship will be notified of their status once the Bardsley scholarship committee meets and makes decisions by late March.
  • All applicants should continue to monitor their emails and MSU portal for any updates and further communications. This will be our primary form of communication with applicants.
||

But there is also a link to the application timeline within your portal! :)
Thank you so much! Also, @elwr99 I'm OOS as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like they are working on OOS applications first. I am IS.

I received an email noting I was in academic review on Sep 25, now my portal says application review but I did not receive any email about this so good reminder to check your portals ;)
(also do not know the diff between the two or if there is one!)

I received an email that I was now in application review on Sep.28th after being in academic review since Sep.11th. I am also OOS.

I received an email noting I was in academic review on Sep 25, now my portal says application review but I did not receive any email about this so good reminder to check your portals ;)
(also do not know the diff between the two or if there is one!)

If on the portal it doesn’t have a status should I be worried?!