University of Tennessee - Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How did it go your interview?
I think it went really well. I was one of the first interviewed, so it was nice to not have to wait throughout the entire process. They were really welcoming and laid back. The campus is so nice. Now to play the waiting game.

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview at the Memphis campus soon. Do they inform you email or phone call? I thought they used to inform you the same day.

I have an interview at the Memphis campus soon. Do they inform you email or phone call? I thought they used to inform you the same day.
It depends on everything some they inform the same day. If you have a stellar GPA and PCAT they will. I however have a really good PCAT but a lower GPA because I dropped out of school when I was younger. Some people don't get a call back until a week or two later.

Members don't see this ad :)
It depends on everything some they inform the same day. If you have a stellar GPA and PCAT they will. I however have a really good PCAT but a lower GPA because I dropped out of school when I was younger. Some people don't get a call back until a week or two later.
They will give you a call either way right? Someone told me that they will call u if you are accepted, deferred or denied. Also the admission committee meets right after interviews are over for the day so calls should be going out soon I think.

They will give you a call either way right? Someone told me that they will call u if you are accepted, deferred or denied. Also the admission committee meets right after interviews are over for the day so calls should be going out soon I think.
At the end he said if you have stellar qualities we will call you that day, if we do not feel you will fit at all we will call to deny you so not to drag it out, but if you are somewhere in the middle it can take up to a week or two. I know people who got accepted 3 days later, I know two girls who got accepted two weeks later. I really think it depends on your qualifications and all of the other applicants.

Also, if you have a great PCAT and GPA you probably will get a call back that day. I notice the majority of people in my group were from out of state. It was nice to have a buddy though, one of my classmates from biochem 1 and 2 had the same date and interview group as myself, so it was alot more comfortable for myself.

I just got accepted yesterday!! I am so excited about meeting all of you!

Also, if you have a great PCAT and GPA you probably will get a call back that day. I notice the majority of people in my group were from out of state. It was nice to have a buddy though, one of my classmates from biochem 1 and 2 had the same date and interview group as myself, so it was alot more comfortable for myself.
Well at least they will call either way. But I'm sure you will get accepted! The waiting game as to whether you are accepted or not is just the nerve wrecking part. Do they usually accept a lot of out of state people? And that's good that you knew someone there. Has your friend got a call back yet?

I haven't heard much about in between people getting accepted. I'm pretty sure people with not so stellar scores do get accepted otherwise they would not have received an interview if they weren't qualified.

Well at least they will call either way. But I'm sure you will get accepted! The waiting game as to whether you are accepted or not is just the nerve wrecking part. Do they usually accept a lot of out of state people? And that's good that you knew someone there. Has your friend got a call back yet?
He has not either. I think they accept around 40 to 50 from out of state. It is nerve-racking, but I knew I would have to wait, like I said wish I would not have screwed around about 6 years ago, but what can you do. I hope your interview goes well. If you have any questions about Memphis pm I lived in the midtown/downtown area for about 6 years until recently.

I interviewed in Knoxville on Feb. 14th. I got a call around 4:45 eastern time saying that they needed my Jan. PCAT scores before they could make a final decision. I called them yesterday and left a voicemail saying my PCAT score was uploaded in to Pharmcas. They called me back around 3:30 saying I had been accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed in Knoxville on Feb. 14th. I got a call around 4:45 eastern time saying that they needed my Jan. PCAT scores before they could make a final decision. I called them yesterday and left a voicemail saying my PCAT score was uploaded in to Pharmcas. They called me back around 3:30 saying I had been accepted!
What did you get on your pcat?

He has not either. I think they accept around 40 to 50 from out of state. It is nerve-racking, but I knew I would have to wait, like I said wish I would not have screwed around about 6 years ago, but what can you do. I hope your interview goes well. If you have any questions about Memphis pm I lived in the midtown/downtown area for about 6 years until recently.
I live out of state as well so I'm curious to see how many out of state applicants they accept. Have you heard anything yet?? And yes I hope it goes well 2. I'll know that if I get a call the day of the interview that it's an acceptance or denial but if I get one after it's more of a wait period.

Reactions: 1 user
I still haven't heard anything yet, but I will let you know either way. When is your interview?

I hope you get a call back the same day so you aren't stuck with this wait!

I hope you get a call back the same day so you aren't stuck with this wait!
The wait is a good thing more than likely. Of course an acceptance call is great but they've done the rejection calls which means you have a chance.

I like your attitude :)
Gotta stay positive. I heard that the people who interview work as your supporters so if the rejection calls have already went out then there's still hope. At least the don't make you wait for a rejection call. Are you gonna follow up with them if you don't hear something soon?

He said everyone will hear something within a couple of weeks and I don't want to press my like , so I will bite my fingernails on this end waiting lol

He said everyone will hear something within a couple of weeks and I don't want to press my like , so I will bite my fingernails on this end waiting lol
I'm pretty sure you'll get in. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Did you apply anywhere else?

Union university. I am limited I can't really trAvel out of west Tennessee. I have a back plan :) I am enrolled to get a second bachelors at university of Memphis and then I would re apply. I know several who got in their second time around. Like I said earlier just hate the damn waiting game!

Union university. I am limited I can't really trAvel out of west Tennessee. I have a back plan :) I am enrolled to get a second bachelors at university of Memphis and then I would re apply. I know several who got in their second time around. Like I said earlier just hate the damn waiting game!
I heard Union University was good. Maybe you should get your masters. That will probably look good. And yes I hate that you have to wait.

Does anyone know when the next interview date for UT is? I sent my application in during the last week of February, and it looks like PharmCas mailed on 3/3/14. Reading through this forum, it looks like the last round of interviews occurred on Feb 24, 2014.

Does anyone know when the next interview date for UT is? I sent my application in during the last week of February, and it looks like PharmCas mailed on 3/3/14. Reading through this forum, it looks like the last round of interviews occurred on Feb 24, 2014.
I interviewed last week. Have you heard anything from them yet?

I interviewed last week. Have you heard anything from them yet?

How was your interview? What did the interview involve?

I just received an invite to interview.

Hey guys, unfortunately I need to give up my seat. I've decided to attend UGA as it's in state and much cheaper. UofTennessee is a great school but I think for me UGA is the more reasonable option. How do I go about letting them know I want to give up my seat/who should I contact? Thanks

can you guys tell what kind of questions they asked in the interview and how was it?

I can't seem to find a class of 2019 thread for UT, so I thought I would ask here. Does anyone know how possible it is to establish residency in Tennessee? I ask this because the out of state tuition is very high. It is easy to establish residency after your first year in some other states if you do things like switch license, register to vote, pay taxes in that state, etc. Is this the case for Tennessee also, or is it nearly impossible? If impossible, can you justify spending over $40,000/year in out of state tuition? I really like the curriculum and the many opportunities at UT, but it is difficult for me to comprehend paying that much for tuition.

can you guys tell what kind of questions they asked in the interview and how was it?
There should be a school specific section where the interview questions are located... Review those and you will be fine.