UNT System College of Pharmacy--Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Definitely the break. Due to the holiday, they weren't able to set up interview committee meetings. Right as the semester resumed they had a few more sessions of interviews within the first part of January. They will be conducting interviews down into April.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on Dec. 16th and I've just been accepted through email message.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was on December 16th but no response yet… Anyone else?
I also interviewed Dec 16 but haven't heard anything either. I'm a bit worried. Do they review applicants in small batches?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed today. We were told they were still going through January applications because of the break and snow. We won't hear back for four weeks, so I'm not sure exactly how long for you guys.
I was also told if we didnt hear back right away that we were placed on a hold list (so at least not rejected). The hold list I think they said should hear around March or April, but I really don't remember exactly what they said.

For those wondering, I interviewed morning session on Wednesday January 8th. I reached out to them yesterday and they got back to me today and told me the committee has not met for that time period yet and to be patient.

Hello all, I interviewed on Wednesday January 8th and received an acceptance email letter yesterday. Seriously, the best Valentine's day gift ever.

Hello all, I interviewed on Wednesday January 8th and received an acceptance email letter yesterday. Seriously, the best Valentine's day gift ever.
Did you interview in the morning or the afternoon on the 8th?

I interviewed on January 15th (afternoon) and just got my email acceptance this morning

my deposit was due on Feb 14th for my spot, but i have decided to decline. i hope that opens a seat up for one of you! good luck with everything! and if it helps, i interviewed on December 16th!

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed the morning of Jan 29th 2014 and I am currently waiting to hear back from UNT. This is the school I really want to get into I already got accepted into University of Missouri at Kansas City but want a in-state school.

I interviewed on Jan 6th and haven't heard anything. I was wondering what the average stats were for the people who were accepted. How often do they review the people who are on the hold list?

I interviewed on Jan 6th and haven't heard anything. I was wondering what the average stats were for the people who were accepted. How often do they review the people who are on the hold list?
You should email them and ask. I interviewed on the 6th too. I emailed a couple weeks ago and I was told I'm on hold.

I guess I'm on hold. I thought my interview went well and I do have almost 5 years of tech experience along with great LORs and a Bachelor's Degree from UT. I do have a mediocre PCAT score and not a great GPA though which were the deal breakers I'm sure. Congratulations to everybody who has been accepted! I hope to hear some good news within the next few weeks, I really want UNT.

Oh man. So does this mean that everyone who interviewed after Jan 6th is also technically on hold? Did they just reach their max admittance number for the class of 2018 or do the holds pertain to only a certain interview date? Hmm. I wonder.

I got a email from the admissions department saying that they finished reviewing the applications this Wednesday for the people that interviewed on Jan 29th. The committee has made their recommendations and passed them along to the dean to review. We should hear something back within the next two weeks.

No. They choose people out of each interview date to either accept, hold or deny. I know somebody who got a denial letter from my day. Hold means they want to keep you in the loop and reevaluate you once their interviews are over and they see how many open spots they have.
Oh man. So does this mean that everyone who interviewed after Jan 6th is also technically on hold? Did they just reach their max admittance number for the class of 2018 or do the holds pertain to only a certain interview date? Hmm. I wonder.
because I

has anyone that interviewed on jan. 27th and 29th heard anything from UNTCOP yet?

I interviewed on the 29th of January in the afternoon. I have not heard back yet! It is makig me crazy.

I just sent the withdrawal request. Hoping there is one extra spot. Good luck to all of you.

Hey guys! I interviewed in December and have not received any email from UNT since...and I have noticed that many of you have received some kind of notification on acceptance or denial. However, I havent gotten anything! I figure this just means I am on hold, but I thought they told us that they would notify you if you were placed on hold. I dont know if I should email them about this or not!

But congrats to everyone who has gotten in so far!

I think you should give them a call and ask for the status.

They have stated that they are too busy for phone calls. They said this during the interview process. I did email them and received a response yesterday. They stated that the admissions comittee has made recommendations , and that the dean is reviewing the applications.

I requested a time frame in the original email and none was given. I mentioned that I was trying to avoid additional flights for interviews they responded to , " plan ahead " and have a safe trip. I personally hope that meant decisions wont be for a while rather than....saw your application and you arent getting in.

Sorry if my typing is poor..small screen.

UNT is killing me!!! I need to know something!! I got accepted into UMKC and TSU but I want to go to UNT. Anybody heard anything yet???

At least you have options lol. UNT is my only hope for this year.

I cast my net far this time around. I applied to 8 schools in total. In 2011 I only applied for 2 schools, one said no and the other one said I need 3 classes before summer II. This was told to me in late Dec so I took no chances this time. lol

officially a PHARMACY student!!!! yay!!! interviews on the 28th of Jan

I also just got an acceptance e-mail. Does anybody know how much the deposit is or how long we have to decide? Sorry if that's already been answered.

I received an acceptance today too. I interviewed on January 29th. I will be accepting and am so excited. I cant wait to move to Texas!!!!! Congratulations to everyone else who got it!

The deposit is $200 and you usually have 2 weeks to reply. hope this helps. Congrats, everyone.

The deposit is $200 and you usually have 2 weeks to reply. hope this helps. Congrats, everyone.
Thank you :) Are there any current P1's who are on this board? I would love to get some more information about the school. Just about how you like the teachers and classes and stuff.

Thank you :) Are there any current P1's who are on this board? I would love to get some more information about the school. Just about how you like the teachers and classes and stuff.

Not a problem. There's an event coming up in April call Discover myHSC where most of the faculties, staff, p1, and incoming students get to meet each other and ask any questions they may have. You should get an e-mail from the admission office soon. If not, ask them and they'll be more than happy to send you a link. Best of luck.

I interviewed feb. 19th, does anyone else who interviewed on the same day know the current status of our group?

I interviewed feb. 19th, does anyone else who interviewed on the same day know the current status of our group?
I interviewed 2/10 and heard back 3/18. If you're placed on hold you won't hear anything though :( I don't know until what date. I think I was on hold because I heard back 5 weeks after my interview (or they're behind).

You're not alone! I was about to just assume they forgot about me or something. I interviewed on Jan 27th and I still haven't heard back. I know they've been behind on getting the acceptances out for the later interview dates and that they won't review the holds until they've heard back from the accepted bunch. It's pretty frustrating, especially since it's the last school I'm waiting to hear back from before I make my decision!

Hang in there :)

I interviewed on Feb 19th as well and just received my acceptance email about an hour ago.