UoP PreDental

ddavah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a high school senior right now and I know this may be of no concern to those already in pre-dental programs applying to dental schools, but I would like some advice on whether or not to attend UoP. I was accepted into UoP Pre-dental (i do not know how many years yet) and I would like to know if admission into Dugoni is guaranteed or only just an interview spot. If not guaranteed admission, do UoP Pre-dental students have any advantage in Dugoni's admission process? I'm still deciding on which school to go to undergrad, and depending on how the situation will be at UoP, I might choose to either attend UoP or elsewhere.

Members don't see this ad.

As long as you maintain the minimum gpa and dat scores required by the program, you're guaranteed an interview. The nice thing about UOP is that an interview practically means an acceptance.

Best of luck!

I was a student in the pre-dental program. I got into the 3+3, but chose the 4+3 because I wanted to do a non-science major. You have the min GPA on the pre-req classes and DAT score to hit, and if you do, you'll get in as long as you don't punch your interviewer in the face.

For Pacific students in the program, there is a committee of Professors that you probably have had and admissions folk at the dental school that meet to discuss students. And since the classes are not that big, professors will know you if you make a reasonable effort.

I think the 4+3 program gave me great flexibility in terms of what I wanted and do during my undergrad and still know im on track for dental school. And as for my friends in the program. Everyone who hit the grades and DAT score got accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
What is UOPs minimum stats of acceptance anyway?

Science GPA:
2+3: 3.25
3+3: 3.15 (or with degree 3.05)
4+3: 3.05
DAT: 18 (across the board)
and you are supposedly guaranteed an interview, which basically means your accepted

I had a 25 PAT and a 20-23 on everything else, EXCEPT QR -- I had a 16 QR, and still got into UoP. My scores in math classes in college (all A/A+) might have negated the score, BUT my point is that the alleged cut-off isn't set in stone.