upsessive compulsive - checking e-mail and running out to the mailbox

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

junathon

wa wa
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
is it just me? or is anyone else having the same problem? :confused: :eek: i haven't gotten anything good for the past four days!! hehe

Members don't see this ad.

junathon said:
is it just me? or is anyone else having the same problem? :confused: :eek: i haven't gotten anything good for the past four days!! hehe

No, its not just you...I've been the same way...processed on 8/2/04 and I haven't heard anything from anywhere yet!! Please, someone, throw me a bone!!

I wish I wasn't so OCD about this crapshoot :p

OCD - obsessive compulsive disorder.

the application cycle lasts a long time man. to get trigger happy right now, is normal of course for most worried premeds, but you got a long road ahead of you so just roll with it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm waiting for my last lor rec to arrive at the career center, that means i gotta check calmail every 3 minutes.

i leave my mailbox on in the lab and i peek at it once every 5 mins or so, which is probably why i'm not getting much done in the lab :confused:

my last correspondence from any school was on monday. its been four days for me too! i think im going to die. i keep checking my email and my mailbox at home. i hope someone at ucla adcom is listening....

My stream of secondaries has slowed to a trickle. I'm still waiting for Case, Stanford, and OHSU. Now I keep checking my mailbox for interview invites and even though I got one the novelty quickly wore off and now I want another. I'm addicted.

Me, too....nothing since Monday's interview invite for houston. I'm so ansy lately and my snail mail doesn't come until 7 pm!!! I need a new mailman! Oh well...Good luck to all.

Jessica

Pinkertinkle said:
I'm waiting for my last lor rec to arrive at the career center, that means i gotta check calmail every 3 minutes.

I was in that boat until 2 days ago...gotta love it.

i'm waiting on UCLA too. oh what is wrong with them??

lol, u guys crack me up... most of the invites are emails anyway, so u dont need to check your mail multiple times a day, i check my mail every other day

junathon said:

oh my freakin god...I'm doing the same thing. I used to wake up at 1:00pm on summer days, but now, everytime my eye cracks open a little bit at 9, a voice in my head tells me, "get up, check your email, it might be duke..."

i check my mail every day (of course) and my email ~2 times per day. i haven't heard anything from a school in ~two weeks! not that its a big deal, but i'm desperately worried that someone at vandy is typing my rejection as i speak. JUST GIVE ME A CHANCE, DAMMIT!!! :( :( :laugh:

Pinkertinkle said:

you know you should go to the career center website directly. they post the most updated status on your LOR. sometimes they take few days before they emailing you, so if you want to find out ASAP, I suggest you go there.