UQ vs top carib school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ideal2002

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just curious if anyone would know how UQ compares to the top caribbean schools in terms of teaching, faculity, ability to practice back in north america, etc.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Advantages of Australia:
1)Better living environment.
2)Chance to do research.
3)Chance to work in Australia.

Disadvantages:
1)Four years overseas.
2)No direct prep for USMLE.
3)Have to set up your own US clinicals.

But in all you are an IMG when you go back to the US.

sweet, carib here i come, austrailia sounds like sh.it

Members don't see this ad :)
don't australian schools have better reputation than carribean schools?

hey JoeNamaMD, do UQ grads have lots of trouble prepping for USMLE because certain topics might not be covered?

and do you know if there are any statistics on whether the recent huge increase in enrolment in australia will actually solve the doctor shortage problem and then create alot of excess doctors like what happened in the UK?

Australian schools are there to educate doctors for Australia not the US. Some Australians have taken the USMLE and have done well but their numbers are small. There really is no difference in the eyes of American program directors if you went to Australia or a top Caribbean program, all foreign medical graduates are roughly the same. Maybe you might have a different experience. I plan to live in Australia after I finish so I prefer U of Q.